Trailer Trash

The Thursday (Read 20 times)

LB2

It was a cool 53 this morning here in the Deep South. I slept, but I'll run about 6.5 this evening. I ran/walked/talked for a little over an hour yesterday evening. I am home alone with the girls at the beach because I had to work. It was a last minute trip.

QOTD: Did you watch the remake of Dirty Dancing last night?

No. I went to bed at 8:30 after watching "Why Planes Crash" on The Weather Channel. I really need to look at my entertainment package from Direct TV.

LB2

AT-runner

Tim

Rest day today.  When the rain lets up, I'll pack up the trailer and then spend the day resting . We'll be up at 6:00am tomorrow to set up our site with the race starting at 8:00am.  15 people doing the 48 hour version. Saturday at 8:00am the 24hr, 12hr,  6hr and Marathon runners start. That will be a nice distraction.  I'm sure I'll be resting at times, so if I get a chance, and phone holds out, I'll post an update.

Western States announced yesterday that they will be doing drug testing for top finishers AND AG winners this year. They said they want to make sure our sport is clean.  I think it's sad it needs to be done, but probably a good idea. Now we'll see if other big races follow the lead.

QOTD:  Watched the Washington Nationals beat the Seattle Mariners.  We flicked Dirty Dancing on and when we saw that Billy Dee William looked like he's been dipped in plastic, we turned it off.  I don't know why these stars think they look good with so much plastic surgery.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

A short run last night.  Now it's raining like crazy today.  Our road (we live on a slight hill) was a river this morning.  DW I am sure had fun trying to get the kids on the bus in the river.  

AT: Do you know how many participants there are in the 48 hour? Notice I did not say runners....

QOTD: Uh....didn't we go over this yesterday?  Are you trying to match our answers from yesterday to today??? Uh...my answer didn't change.

I will respond to the drug testing thing though.  Yes I agree it's sad but probably necessary.  How easy it would be for a good runner to turn into an elite or semi elite with some doping.  Maybe it's the difference between earning a sponsorship or not.  Who know? Hmmm....I wonder what doping for do for an average middle of the pack runner like me?!?! Probably only move me up a couple spots! 

On that note,

Have a great day!

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Woo hoo, AT!  Good luck this weekend, you crazy man!

Mandy--where are you headed?

Congrats again, Grandpa!  We need some pics of the little guy.

We're doing a little loop around these parts starting from the front door.  Pedaling down to Apple River Canyon State Park in IL on Saturday, Governor Dodge on Sunday, then back home on Monday.  Should be around 180 miles?  Something like that.

I will be doing my weekly run tonight.

QOTD: LOL.  Still no.  We replaced the crankset on my touring bike.  Much more entertaining.

Running is dumb.

AT-runner

Tim

AT: Do you know how many participants there are in the 48 hour? Notice I did not say runners....

15 (didn't read my post, did you )

NH - +1 to Grandpa pictures. Congratulations.

LB2

Western States announced yesterday that they will be doing drug testing for top finishers AND AG winners this year. They said they want to make sure our sport is clean.  I think it's sad it needs to be done, but probably a good idea. Now we'll see if other big races follow the lead. 

This would have been a better topic for the QOTD, but I didn't realize they came out with an announcement. This brings up an interesting subject to me. What do you consider a PED? Is it EPO? (Yes). Is it anabolic steroids? (Yes). Is it marijuana? (I don't think so).

Avery Collins is running in that race, and after he won the GDR back in April or whenever it was, there was firestorm on social media concerning his use of marijuana. The guy likes to smoke some weed. It is legal in Colorado and several other states (California may be one of those) for recreational use. I don't think they should penalize someone for marijuana use.

QOTD2: Regarding the above post., do you think someone should be penalized for marijuana use at WSER?

LB2

runtraildc

Hi all, Didn't run yesterday as planned and not sure if I'll run today. I am heading out the door, though, for some rowing and yoga.

qotd: I watched a few minutes of it here and there until we switched to netflix. I was more interested in the scenery-- lovely area NHLA.  I don't have an opinion on marijuana use and running.

What I am watching and am excited about today is Montana politics. Such drama! If he is elected AND convicted/sentenced to jail time, how does that work? So proud of american politicians these days.

AT-runner

Tim

QOTD2: Regarding the above post., do you think someone should be penalized for marijuana use at WSER?

No doubt marijuana is performance enhancing since it increased you pain threshold and calms you mood, but it;s funny how WADA bans it yet  allows Torodol (the most over abused drug in the NFL) as an anti-inflammatory.  I'm sure big pharmacy has something to do wit that.

Problem with marijuana testing (via urine) is it doesn't give an accurate "time of use".  Did athlete use it a high quantity 2 days before or just a bit right at the start.

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

Ummm....

15 (didn't read my post, did you )

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

jonferg67

Endless trails

Good luck, AT. You're an animal!

I had a great run this morning in the rain, just under 5 miles. My morning

run in the quiet woods is a stark contrast to my morning commute and

work environment, really noticed it today.

QOTD: No

QOTD2: No, and I agree with AT. Urine testing for marijuana does not accurately

show time of use. Also, with the edible marijuana available and it's potency a

person can be using it for valid medical reasons, even small doses will show

on urine tests.

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck, AT. You're an animal!

Yes, I'm just like this. At least that's what DW says.

Daydreamer1

Watching the raindrops coming down while sitting at work. No run today.  Yesterday's run was another real nice one. Didn't push as hard as I could have and turned in a good time.

AT - Best wishes on your event. I'm definitely bummed that I won't be there since I was really looking forward to using it as a training run and seeing where I'm at.

QOTD 1:  No TV, no watch anything.

QOTD 2: I saw a discussion about WS over on Slowtwitch.  In one way I don't care if they test the pro's and AG'ers. But I hope to God that it doesn't go the way of triathlon.  I think for tri's  every participant may be tested. That pushes a lot of people out of being able to do Tri's and if it goes that way in trail running it will ruin the sport.  A lot of people trail run and do events more to challenge themselves and just enjoy the time outdoors then to win.

I do agree that Marijuana probably shouldn't be on the list. If it is then so should alcohol.

NorthernHarrier

So I just thought I would do an uneventful short joggy thing at a sweet little state natural area down the road from me called the Van Vliet hemlocks. Beautiful area of somewhat old growth with a few miles of trail. Stumbled into the nesting area of the Northern Goshawk and thought it was gonna rip my head off as it would buzz me repeatedly. It would sit up in the trees screeching at me then do a silent fast dive right over my head until I was able to get far enough out of it's range. That thing meant business. Then shortly after that I saw a small bear. Pretty cool.

Finally a nice day here that started with a paddle around the lake early with a thermos of coffee. Planning on some mountain biking after lunch and then head home late tonight.

QOTD-nope

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Mutts and I got 5 in this morning.  Many stops as poor Jack has the shits.  It was also cooler here...perfect running weather.  I tripped and as my hands hit I remember thinking "Oh god not the knees" so I must have twisted at that point and landed on the hip.  Just a little  scrap.

QOTD: No...I cleaned dog shit out of the carpet!   Then blew the driveway off, straighten the house and reseeded parts of the grass.  Tonight I am going to Sushi and than see Zepperalla..an all girls cover band for Led Zepplin.  We went last year and they were great!

QOTD2:  First we learned the other  that the term Marijuana is derogatory (although the actual word the person used was racist) and it should be called cannabis.    That's why in this so PC world we live in I try to just keep my mouth shut.  (Then again we had a customer the other day who keep using the "N" word when referring to himself).  Ok back on topic Sue...I don't think they just ban the use of cannabis.  Yes it may reduce pain and nausea but so does beer.  AT:  Doesn't the mouth swab show how current it was?  My friends son passed a drug test from abstaining from weed for only 2 days.  I was shocked!!

AT:  Good luck and have fun! Him is that an Jackass? 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

XtremeTaper

The 9 mile plan continues. Well that is the plan at least, 9 tonight with the Lady on the trails of Birdsboro Watershed. The rain has stopped for now, though I expect some slop and wetness out there this evening.

QOTD: No, did not watch!

QOTD: Not concerned either way.

AT - Have fun at loop de loop this weekend. Interested to read how day 2 goes, and how you manage your sleep. DO NOT play "all you zombies" on your headphones!

In dog beers, I've only had one.