Trailer Trash

Fried Fridaily (Read 13 times)

XtremeTaper

Well, my running jogging hiatus ended last night. 2 miles out at the lake. Nothing much of note but I figured if I can move mulch for 2 hours on my creaky leg I could do a short jog. Weather was mild and spring like.

QOTD: Have you ever used an air fryer? Any tips of recipes besides french fries. Plus weekend plans.

We had to replace our double wall oven a few months back and the new one has air fryer mode and came with a slide in oven grate designed to hold a pretty good size air fry basket. We used that mode the first time for some fresh homemade fries the other night. Pretty simple and much cleaner than frying in a pan on the stove. Cleanup was a snap. Need to find some other stuff to fry.

Rainy day here tomorrow so not sure what is up. I'd like to tackle some more yardwork, weeding and mulching but that might wait until Sunday. Tomorrow looks chilly and wet. Hopefully the leg will be up for a few miles. Running and rain is ok.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

What a difference a day makes!  I was feeling so exhausted, I went home at noon on Wednesday and was pretty much a slug the rest of the day.  Yesterday, I was still feeling wiped out, so I stayed home.  By the afternoon, I was feeling my old self again, did an EZ core workout instead of the scheduled run.  This morning, was 4 predawn miles on legs that actually had energy.  For the first time in awhile, I had one of those runs where I felt like I could on forever.  They are few and far between.

Thurs QOTD: I'd love to do a run somewhere in MT, just not at altitude.  I live at sea level.  Altitude kills me.

Today's QOTD: We don't have an air fryer, but I guess they make frying healthy (???).  If the answer to that is yes, then I can think of a few things I'd like to try: shrimp, chicken wings, tater tots, burrito (think chimichanga) . . .

Weekend Plans: 22-25 miles tomorrow out at Prairie Creek.  Then I start moving into taper mode for my race in April.  The rest of the weekend is up in the air.  If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'd like to get some yard work done.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

A very easy 4 miles this morning. Just wanted to move a little to loosen up.

qotd: air fryer- I don’t know but maybe you could look for a Texas State fair cookbook, they fry everything there: fried Snickers Bars, fried Oreos, fried butter, etc.

Just hanging out this weekend.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Yes I have a Ninja air fryer that does all sorts of things.  So far I use the toaster option.  I found recipes online (you can find all sorts of option) but have not been impressed.  It says it's easy to clear and it is not except for the crumbs.  Most recipes do call for the use of oil and holy heck can that make a mess.  Between all the prep and the cooking time I've found it just as easy to use the oven.  At least in the winter it helps heat the house a little.

You can find cookbooks at Amazon too.  I am looking forward to Farmers Market in May to try various veggies.

runtraildc

I seem to have taken up XT's hiatus. Did not run yesterday and with today's weather, probably not today either. Oh well.

qotd: our new oven also has the air fryer mode and we use it all the time. Anything that would benefit from crisping. Potatoes (not just fries), sausages, bacon, trout, roasted vegetables,  anything really.  It usually cooks faster than roasting but you have to be careful not to let thiings dry out.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

5 miles yesterday w/ TE; 5 miles this morning with DW and TE

qotd yesterday:  if folks were interested, I could definitely put together a couple of nice runs (or hikes)- NH will vouch for me 

qotd: we've contemplated getting one, but DW has a lot of kitchen appliances, she's not sure she wants to add another

north end of the Big Belts looking nice and pretty 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Queen of Nothing

Sue

beautiful sunny day so I skied all day.  

qotd: nope 

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄