Trailer Trash

Friday Fun (Read 14 times)

runtraildc

Good morning! Chowder and I got in about 4 late yesterday along the trolley trail and canal. It was hot! So, more of a dog wog. Lovely run except Chowder was acting like he's been chained up in the basement all winter. Springer nuttiness, I guess.  DH was fishing, so we waited for him at the car. I had planned ahead with my chair and post-run beer so it was quite a pleasant wait. Today is TBD.

qotd: Weekend plans? Nothing too exciting here. More late winter work on the garden, starting some seedlings and the house needs tidying. And some running.

LB2

4 miles this morning, very easy. Got a little work to do today, but I won't push too hard unless I have to.

QOTD: We are going to the Parker McCollum concert tonight; tomorrow is the last squirrel hunt of the season. I will probably run tomorrow afternoon. I'll cut a little grass somewhere along the way. And I'll do a short run on Sunday.

LB2

Nuthin' this a.m., but will either go for a walk at lunch or do a stat bike ride after work, plus some core/mobility stuff.

I am the immediate supervisor of our dept secretary.  I have to sit down and talk with her about some things when she gets back on Monday.  I hate being a supervisor.

QOTD: 14 miles tomorrow in the Arcata Comm. Forest.  Schedule says it's a hill work day, hence the Forest.  There's nothing flat about the Forest.  14 miles is doing to take me awhile . . . 

Sunday, the rain is coming back, so a perfect day to finish up tax crap.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I am the immediate supervisor of our dept secretary.  I have to sit down and talk with her about some things when she gets back on Monday.  I hate being a supervisor.

If it is any consolation, it isn't just you. I work with "professional" people with advanced degrees, and I don't think some of these folks could think themselves out of a tunnel that is open on both ends. And if you believe in the old adage that "there is no stupid question", you should spend a week with me.

LB2

Sandy-2

Did 6 mi in the summer-like weather this morning.  Yuk.  It was also pretty grey and gloomy, but it was still surprising to hear an owl hooting during the day time at about 8:45am.

Gatsby and fatozzig, I saw you guys were talking about northern Arizona yesterday.  My DD sent me this in FB and figured I'd pass it along for anyone planning a trip to the CG North Rim, looks like there will be some issues for a while with the North Kaibab Trail . 

qotd: going to run with my DD along the Spring Creek trails tomorrow, she said one of the horses will be joining us. She does that sometimes, just brings a halter and a lead rope and the horse just jogs along with us.  I'm not really sure what kind of horse training it accomplishes, but after a little bit of confusion in the beginning they sure seem to enjoy it. I'm guessing they see it as a day off.

Then on Sunday afternoon/evening we're having the DD and SIL over for dinner. No doubt we'll do some planning for next weekend's trip to Big Bend.

tbd.