Trailer Trash

Thursday (Read 12 times)

runtraildc

happy Thursday folks. Chowder and I got in a short speed workout at the park this morning- just a couple of miles. I let him off leash and he got in a workout. Almost caught a robin. It was a good morning for chowder. I have errands after work, including picking up a load of bricks. 

qotd- work on any projects (big or small) lately? We’re taking out a short wall along our driveway, and building a patio ( the bricks). I started with demo earlier but we need a breaker. That’s this weekend. DS is heading back to AZ soon and I’m trying to get as much heavy work out of him as I can 😀

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: not sure I'd classify this as a "project" however trying to fly somewhere while on dialysis requires a great deal of preplanning.  I'm going to visit my mom in Biloxi for mothers day, had to arrange for supplies to be delivered to her address for when I'm there, trying to find an affordable flight, enough time for connecting, getting a letter from my dialysis clinic that will allow me to go through TSA with what I have to carry without hassle.  Connecting with a local dialysis clinic while I'm there if I have issues.

All this makes me question traveling but my mom is getting old and it's a test run to see how my visit to my granddaughter in Sept might go.  I can't wait for a transplant so I can put this nightmare behind me.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

My struggle running yesterday may be cause I think I am coming down with something...I feel funky today.  It's a beautiful sunny but very windy day.  I may run later when wind dies and if I am feeling better. 

qotd:  No but the estranged husband is coming here in a few weeks and I have a list of things I'd like to get done around the house.  Walkways, stone veneer, new doors, pave driveway,  new shower.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Hang in there...hope you get a transplant soon.

qotd: not sure I'd classify this as a "project" however trying to fly somewhere while on dialysis requires a great deal of preplanning.  I'm going to visit my mom in Biloxi for mothers day, had to arrange for supplies to be delivered to her address for when I'm there, trying to find an affordable flight, enough time for connecting, getting a letter from my dialysis clinic that will allow me to go through TSA with what I have to carry without hassle.  Connecting with a local dialysis clinic while I'm there if I have issues.

All this makes me question traveling but my mom is getting old and it's a test run to see how my visit to my granddaughter in Sept might go.  I can't wait for a transplant so I can put this nightmare behind me.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

dhuff - Wish there was more we could say or do help, but hang in there.  You know you can come in here and vent whenever you need to.

No running for me until I get this poison oak under control.  I found a small patch on my lower back this morning, so I attacked it with the prescription ointment.  Now ever single itch makes me think it's spread to yet another spot.

QOTD: No projects yet, but once the weather gets better, I have yard stuff I need to attack.  Especially parring down the number of potted plants I have.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

XtremeTaper

I did not have much time today so just a 2 mile jog/walk with Baker up at the local trail. We met an older couple out for a walk and they showered him with attention. Not much other running this week, just a few short 3 mile jogs. I took a day off from running yesterday and cleared the remaining weeds in the back40. More mulch arriving today.

QOTD: The usual spring yard project. Plant a bazillion canna lilies, the caladiums, mulch all the flower beds, open up the pool and spa. I well over halfway done with all the flower beds. 12 yards mulch down, 10 more to go. We may put a nice fence around the small plot we use for our garden. I will probably farm that out and get a nice black aluminum fence to match the one around the pool.

DHuffman - Praying you get off that list soon.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

After 3 rest days to get the knee somewhere around 'normal', I did an easy 5 miles this morning.  Threw some walk breaks in there. The knee did loosen up and now a few hours later it still feels fine, so I'm hoping that I'm thru the bulk of the 'overuse issue'.  I'll do an easy 5 mi tomorrow too.  That's if we don't float away due to all the rain we had yesterday, having today, and will have tonight/tomorrow - at least it's cooler.

We actually went to the movies yesterday and saw "AIR".  We liked it a lot. But I should add that we had some familiarity with those Nike days because when we were living in Busan in the mid-80s because half the expats living there at the time were Nike guys. We still keep in touch with some the couples who we hung out with in those days.  The Nike folks were looking after production in Korea (and guys came in/out to other parts of Asia), but they talked shop about the other parts of the business, including sponsorship of teams and players/runners all the time.  They would also hook me up with shoes off the production lines from time-to-time; running shoes (road shoes and my first-ever pair of trail shoes) since we ran Hash runs quite a bit, a pair of softball cleats since I played on the Nike softball team, and even a funny looking pair of blue and white hightop basketball shoes. . . something called Air Jordans, wish I still had them now!!!   Anyway it's a good movie, but we may be biased.

Hang in there dhuff, hope the trip goes well. By the way just so happens that our friend is having his port put in today.

qotd: Nothing really, But my DW wants to re-arrange some of the pictures and photos we have hanging in the house, so that should be fun.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Hey Sandy, by port is it hemodialysis or a catheter for peritoneal dialysis (PD).  If PD if he wants someone to talk to let me know and I'll message you my contact info for him.  I don't do hemo so can't really offer information.

Sandy-2

dhuff, I don’t know which one but just googled it and maybe it’s CAPD since he said he’ll go thru the process at night while he sleeps.  

Thanks for your offer that’s really nice, and I’ll let my friend know.

tbd.

dhuffman63

Trails

Sandy that's what I do.