Trailer Trash

Thursday Thriller (Read 10 times)

4 chilly predawn miles with 6 x 30 sec strides at the turn around point.  It was supposed to be 5 miles, but I overslept.

The Hub, who is prone to severe cramps if he has a hard day, went into full blown cramp mode after I was in about an hour of deep sleep.  Both hamstrings and a quad.  Cripes, the man was almost in tears they were so bad.  He had a long, hard day yesterday, and even resorted to wearing his back brace while using the string trimmer, which he never does.  Hoping today is a little less severe on his aging body.

QOTD: What do you do for cramps?  I've tried to get him drink pickle juice, hydrate in the evening with at least a sports drink and not just water.  I even got him Hylands Leg Cramp pills to dissolve under his tongue. I don't know what to do for him anymore.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

If my sodium level is too low I get bad cramps in my feet, toes curling bad.  I eat some potato chips for the potassium and sodium and make sure I drink a lot.  I also still have S-Caps from ultra days and that's a last resort.

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Ran 4 last night with brew crew...walked 4 with my sister today.  Over the cold and ready to run. 

wotd:  I have never got a bad cramp.  I usually start cramping while sleeping but stretching quickly stops it.   Then again I put salt on everything

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

Did 20 mi very early this morning, my b2b is in the bank and now I guess I’m tapering.  We drove up to Mt Pleasant, TX and now we’re at my DD’s ride. I may run 10 miles on the horse trails Sat or Sun once the rides are done for the day. We’ll see.

fatozzig: I take an S-Caps at 1.5 hour intervals during runs in the summer down here, but it’s really warm and humid here.  I space out the S-Caps more during winter.  If I’m feeling dehydrated I’ll drink some HEED or PowerAde in the late afternoon or evening to catch back up.

qotd: see above.

tbd.

Well, when he got home he drank two sport-something-or-other drinks, ate a pickle ( he loves dill pickles), ate some salty chips, and drank water, so we'll see.  I think part of the problem is too much water, thus flushing the electrolytes from his system on top of working hard and sweating . . . but I only do ultra running, so what do I know. 

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance