Trailer Trash

Torrential Tuesday!! (Read 15 times)

LB2

Torrential because it was raining hard this morning before daybreak. I did get out at 7AM to run a short loop. It rained lightly for a bit while I ran, but it passed quickly.

QOTD: Have you listened to any good podcasts or read any good books lately?

I have been mostly listening to a lot of hunting type podcasts, but this morning, I listened to the FKT podcast with Anton Krupricka. It was great. I felt like running further, but I have work to do.

LB2

XtremeTaper

Same old story last night. 2 figure 8 loops around the hood with Baker after work. Same old time too. I am a metronome of slowness. It was 30 this morning with no wind, grey skies, and pleasant enough for the 2 mile dog wog. Unless work gets crazy plan is to hit the lake trails with Baker this evening. Plenty of daylight now.

QOTD: Nope. I need to get back to reading but usually end of day sick of staring at words and print so veg out.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

NorthernHarrier

I am a metronome of slowness. 

I like that.

Packing up the car to head to Tennessee 1st thing tomorrow morning. I'll be down there 6 days camping and enjoying the trails.  Was entered again in the Savage Gulf trail marathon and for the 2nd year in a row it was scratched but I had made up my mind I was heading down there anyway.

Will hop on the rower in a bit and then I'll run roughly 5 on the roads this afternoon.

QOTD-- No. I've been underachieving lately.

QOTD-- No. I've been underachieving lately.

Yesterday after work I got in an hour of core/ST.

This a.m. 5.20 predawn pavement pounding miles with 6 x 45 sec intervals thrown in to try and wake up the legs.  Oddly, the intervals felt fine, the rest of the run - 

Podcasts:

Trail Runner Nation.  Hands down my favorite.  But in particular, they had 2 podcasts re Tim Twietmeyer's and Bob Crowley's interest in The Forlorn Hope - the folks who set out from the Donner Party find help.  They spent 7 yrs investigating the route it's believed the group took, and in December they, along with Jennifer Hemmen and Elke Reimer, set out to cover the route.  They have a website dedicated to it.

Believed.  Listened to my first series last week, which were about the former Olympic trainer and now prisoner, Larry Nassar.  Very interesting and very well done.

Billy Yang

Rich Roll (although I feel like he can be kinda preachy at times)

This American Life

Ted Talks

Books:

The Boys in the Boat

The Big Burn: Teddy Roosevelt and the fire that Saved America

The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University (go in with a good attitude.  It really is a good read, the guy is a fun writer)

Three Days in January: Dwight Eisenhower's Final Mission

The Ghost Mountain Boys (WWII - This book . . . it just sent me through all sorts of emotions)

Boys in the Bunkhouse (just . . . wow).

Five Presidents (by Clinton J. Hill, former secret service agent.  He also wrote "Mrs. Kennedy and Me" and "5 Days in November".)

We read a LOT.  Do you want more suggestions?? 

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Gator eye

snows back >{%^_*€|¥++|>!|€]€|€|* (fill in the blanks with language of your choosing) anyway did six on the TM and have a spin class tonight. 

qotd: nothing good lately but lookin. I see a few on the list above I’m going to check into, I ve been reading a lot of WW2 books lately

Pain is my friend

Easy 7.3 mile run for me. Legs are recovering well from the race. Almost got my energy back.

qotd: I have been listing to Sawbones. It talks about misguided medicine. Great history about what we thought we knew about diseases.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?

Sandy-2

5 mi after work today.  Easy taper run. It was 81 deg. Sweated my ass off.

qotd: I don’t listen to podcasts and haven’t had time to read lately.

tbd.

Went snowshoeing at Mt. Rose yesterday and at Donner summit today (see below, with Donner Lake in the background).  Snow is melting fast, hope there's more to come but it seems unlikely.  Probably going to to be a skimpy snow pack this year.  

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ nice Smile

sadly California's snowpack doesn't look good at all (60-70% of normal), our's is sitting right at normal for most of the state (finger's crossed it remains that way)

4 miles with TE after work.  finally got my shot today, felt fine except for two small oddities- I now have a real disdain for garlic and I can't see my reflection in the mirror- other than that, good to go! 

packing up for a snowshoe overnighter tomorrow; going bare bones for a shelter- bringing a bivy and a shovel, no tent, we shall see Smile

qotd: still reading and listening (and watching videos as well) to sheep hunting stuff, the excitement hasn't worn off just yet

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

finally got my shot today, felt fine except for two small oddities- I now have a real disdain for garlic and I can't see my reflection in the mirror- other than that, good to go! 

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance