Trailer Trash

Thankful Thursday!! (Read 16 times)

LB2

Three easy miles this morning. Nothing particularly eventful on the run, but I am thankful for it. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!!!

QOTD: Do you watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

No. But my wife loves it and likes to have it on in the background. I don't like the "play by play" of the hosts. I guess someone has to be saying something, but how much can you really say about a parade that keeps it interesting?

LB2

runtraildc

5 Turkey Trot miles this morning with Chowder. I was a bit nervous about how he might react to being in the doggy and stroller division, but he did great (sometimes he's not thrilled with other dogs, especially bigger ones). Perfect weather and well organized neighborhood run. Honestly, I like turkey trots-- I know they're kinda cliche and filled with families and people who run only once a year, but it was fun and a change.

qotd: No, though we have a large county parade that is a few blocks from my house the Saturday before Thanksgiving. It's gotten quite large and our running group meets at the finish. We saw the parade finale last week. Our neighborhood realtor had a hot cider stand for everyone so that was nice. And yeah, how much can you comment on the parade? Except to say who the group is and/or where they are from?

Happy Turkey Day!

Nothin' here, but I might go for a run later. We'll see.  Right now I'm not feeling too motivated, hence, no Turkey Trot.

The Hub is making cookies to take north with him for the pregame tailgate party.  Me - I'm looking at knitting patterns, etc.  Trying to expand from "long and skinny" (also known as a "scarf").

QOTD:  Nope.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Sandy-2

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

After my 5 to 8am meeting this morning I answered a few other work e-mails, then hung around the house for a bit.  Then it started pouring, a lot, but I headed out the door anyway.  About 5 minutes into my run the thunder and lightening started, but I decided to just keep going since I was already out (and wet). The lightning passed pretty quickly, but it rained the whole run.  I ended up with 5 mi.  Unbelievably I did see one other runner.

qotd: No we don't watch it but my DW had it on in the background.  I have to admit I did see the Rockettes when I was putting my shoes on to go out for my run.  Now... if you asked about the Dog Show. 

tbd.

Pain is my friend

10 easy fun miles in a 1.5 mile loop park. No turkey run for me. Oncall at the hospital.

qotd: There's a Thanksgiving parade? Never watch it.

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?