Trailer Trash

Marathon Monday (Read 13 times)

runtraildc

Morning, trailers. Looks like folks had a busy weekend! Today is a cross training day and working on getting more yoga into the rotation. Did some last night and will do some more later.  Might also be moving concrete and brick rubble and that counts, right?

qotd: Following the Boston Marathon? Yeah, I know-- it's on a road. Normally I just glance at the results, but the blind runner I have guide run is out there this year, so I'll follow her. And I'm curious to see how Eliud Kipchoge does.

XtremeTaper

Not much running here this weekend. Did 5 with Baker on Saturday at Birdsboro watershed and that threw my legs into a painful quandary. So just walked yesterday. The missus wanted to go with us and she is getting in better shape and was able to manage the hilly trail out at Birdsboro and cooler yet she met all of Baker's friends.

Finished up the bulb planting and power washed the pool deck yesterday. It was dirty moldy mess in place and is bright and shiny now. Soaked in the hot tub after that and took the first official pool plunge of the year. It may have been a new record for earliest swim, 4/16. Water was a balmy 67 degrees. Believe it or not it felt good.

QOTD: I have it on the background on my personal laptop and am also wearing my 2010 Boston Marathon Shirt. It's a nice blue tech long sleeve from Adidas. 2010 was my favorite of 3 runs there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

4 EZ predawn miles today.  6 EZ trail miles on Saturday.  Full blown taper mode . . . for a race that hasn't been given the complete green light yet.  The powers that be / permit givers were supposed to check out the course on Friday to give the final Yay or Nay, but it didn't happen, so supposedly it's supposed to happen today.  *sigh*  If it is a go, it's supposed to be in the mid 70's.  The warmest it's been here is the mid 50s. oofdah!

QOTD: I watched the last little bit each of the men's and women's wheelchair races and foot races.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Walked Jack 2 miles, plan was to go back out but instead I finally hung 2 shelves I made.  Babysitting duty today so may run after or may not.  Bought new Hokas due to foot pain....geez $150 and they don't even last that long.

qotd: No

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

Sandy-2

After DD was pulled on Saturday and after the day’s other riders and activities were done, we decided to pack up and drive home. So no run on the horse trails up at the race. Then took Sun off too since I was pretty tired.  Today I did 13.1 miles in honor of the Boston Marathon. It was 49° so it felt nice.

dhuff: from yesterday, no worries about that horse eating, he never stopped eating and drinking both days  .  His gait was just a bit off and they caught it very early, so he’ll be fine in a few days.  The owner runs a trail riding business and she has weekly visits by a vet who’s on retainer. He’ll get great care if needed.  Finally, not sure about DD doing Travis, but ya never know. Last time she did it she jumped in at the last minute.

qotd: yes I watched the 2nd half of the runs. It was great watching, but the commentators left a lot to be desired (except the woman who interviewed the winners, she was ok).

tbd.

Good trail HM yesterday at Napa Valley, second place female!  One of my favorite courses.  This is the perfect time of year to be there, lots of wildflowers, hills are green, and it's not too hot.  Surprised at how dry it was given all the rain we had (but none for over a week before the race).  Some sections were more overgrown than usual and some trees were down but nothing that couldn't be navigated.  Rest day today.

Fatozzig, annoying that you don't know yet whether your race is happening!

QOTD: no, I checked to see who won but otherwise not interested enough to follow along.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Queen of Nothing

Sue

Beautiful

Good trail HM yesterday at Napa Valley, second place female!  One of my favorite courses.  This is the perfect time of year to be there, lots of wildflowers, hills are green, and it's not too hot.  Surprised at how dry it was given all the rain we had (but none for over a week before the race).  Some sections were more overgrown than usual and some trees were down but nothing that couldn't be navigated.  Rest day today.

Fatozzig, annoying that you don't know yet whether your race is happening!

QOTD: no, I checked to see who won but otherwise not interested enough to follow along.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

very pretty Gatsby!  I recognize the Lupine, we have it too Smile

8 miles (1300') with Tiny Elvis- gorgeous day upper 40's/low 50's!

qotd: I haven't checked in; wouldn't know any of the runners

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

My race has been rescheduled to May 20 due to too much snow still on the upper part of the course. 

Time to regroup . . .

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

^ That's too bad, but better than potholing through snow (from someone who knows )

2024 goal 2024 miles

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

My race has been rescheduled to May 20 due to too much snow still on the upper part of the course. 

Time to regroup . . .

Sort of takes the wind out of your sails, I'm sure.  Can you do it on the new date?  Maybe a little extra time isn't such a bad thing?

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

We got another 8-9" of snow overnight. Yay.  This winter is now the snowiest on record so the weather peeps are pretty excited. I'm not quite as enthusiastic about it myself. So since I'm tired from working all day and running in this crap is getting a little stale I am proclaiming a rest day. I'll try to run longer tomorrow. I better get in shape as in addition to Canyon de Chelly, I scheduled a rim to rim 1 week before the race since I'm out there.  No problem for a geriatric runner, right?

QOTD--No