Trailer Trash

Meeting Monday (Read 18 times)

LB2

I feel like maybe this week I can get myself back on track. Last week was just horrible for work, and it started early on Monday with a crazy email. I only see good emails so far, and I have a meeting at 9:30 that I am actually a little excited about. So, here's to Monday!!

Krash: Congratulations on the 55K finish. It makes me want to sign up for a race!!

QOTD: Did you set mileage goals at the beginning of the year? If so, are you on schedule, behind schedule, or exceeding expectations?

I didn't set any mileage goals, but if I had, I would be behind.

LB2

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

Gatsby- still plenty of snow here, the pic shows a ridge that has south exposure, so it's relatively snow free- go off the north side and plenty o' snow Smile

Krash- nicely done!

Back to the grind this morning, will get out after work and hit the trails w/ TE

qotd: goal is 1700 miles (and 250,000' of gain), I'm just a little shy on mileage and ahead of elevation; typically summer with several 100-ish mile trips puts me ahead going into fall, fall the mileage is higher too with hunting season- so should be in pretty good shape

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I got up and did 5 mi this morning.  A nice 39 deg.  Felt really good this morning, complete opposite of Saturday where my lungs and legs were shot. That rest day yesterday worked wonders.

Krash, nice job on the race, higher temps early in the season are not fun.

Gatsby, from yesterday. Actually I have the opposite issue I'm nearsighted so I need my glasses to see the trails and roads but I can't read anything close up with them on.  I have it so I can peak at the map looking down below my lenses. 

Sandy, very clever map contraption.  Just make sure you've got your reading specs handy.  .

qotd: I'm a little behind the goal pace, but I've been taking some light weeks lately. And now, I'm officially tapering for the next 2 weeks. 

tbd.

NorthernHarrier

Entered the Standhope 30k in Idaho the week before the Never Summer 60k that I'm on the waitlist for. Looks to be a pretty rugged mountain run in an area I'm a little familiar with. I'll work on planning some sort of short backpack in the Sawtooths or White Clouds for some acclimating prior. Maybe another couple day pack in after before heading down to Co. assuming I get in the 60k. Good adventure.

I'll do some weights and then about 6 on the roads today. Yesterday was just a rowing session.

Sandy--I probably missed it but can you give a summary of your upcoming event. Sounds interesting.

QOTD--No overall mileage goals, just want to stay injury free. But if I had any I'd be behind already as while I did some nice runs in my month in Fl. the overall miles just weren't there.

XtremeTaper

Hoping that this will be our last cold morning for awhile, heck for the season. Anyways, a few short runs this weekend as usual. Saturday a mix of dirt and snow/ice pack. Mostly ice pack. Real slog. Yesterday I ran a trail with facing south so the ice/snow there was gone and it was just  muddy in places with a few snowy remnants. It was a short section though so just 3 miles out/back as I did not feel like repeating out/back or loop over to the other side into the snowpack. Just a wanted a few miles and to get Baker some off leash time.

Today, stretching and road running later. Should be upper 40's this afternoon and 60's the rest of the week.

QOTD: No real firm goals. Ball parking 2,000 as I was well over that last year but sort of indifferent. I am way behind that now as have only been doing 30-35 mile weeks. Pandemic running streak is my main goal. Chugging towards 400 now.

Krash - Nice job on the race. Cutting that 6 hour barrier sort of close.

AT - Awesome on the walk and photo!

Section of dry trail on Saturday! That is a frozen lake down there.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Nothing like starting off Monday with a 6 am meeting.  More to come. 

Krash, nice job, looks beautiful. 

Sandy, I’m the same, I need glasses for distance and take them off to read. I think we’re a bit of an anomaly among the more, ahem, mature folk.

QOTD: No mileage goals. I pick events that I want to do and the miles just sort of happen.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

XtremeTaper

Gatsby/Sandy - I am the same way with vision. I don't wear them for close up stuff like reading, computer, etc. But the distance world is fuzzy. I do have those progression lenses but they don't work that great for near stuff.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

Sandy-2

Sandy--I probably missed it but can you give a summary of your upcoming event. Sounds interesting.

NH - My DD and I are doing a 2-person team "adventure race" up in the middle-of-nowhere Kansas.  We have to stay together the whole way and navigate to a bunch of check points on a map (can't use GPS).  Most of the CPs are plotted on the map and some they give you coordinates and you have to plot them.  Some trails and plotted and some are not.  There are set areas (and CPs) that you ride MTBs and some that you run/hike. For most of these things there is also a paddling segment (kayak or canoe), but this one doesn't have paddling since it's too cold and the river is frozen.  We have 24 hours to visit as many CPs as we can.  They say that the mileage breakdown is about 25 miles on foot and 75-90 miles biking, and both are on asphalt roads, trails, gravel, bike whacking, etc.

I did some of these things as a corporate team many years ago, but what I did was a glamping version with meals, hotels, etc. but the general idea is the same.  My DD did one last year and wanted to do another one, so we signed up.  We applied to another one with a 4-person team but that one was cancelled, that team's name was the "Four Horsemen" so for this one that my DD and I are doing our team name is "2hp".

tbd.

Hi Dee Ho, Folks -

Krash - Nicely race!

Sandy - Your upcoming adventure sounds like a lot of fun.

Gatsby - Have fun with the sourdough starter.  They are now the only pancakes I will ever eat again.

I got in a 30-min EZ core/upper ST workout Friday evening, and Saturday was trail running day.

I've been looking at using Prairie Creek as the staging ground for my own 30k in a couple of weeks.  I've run all over the James Irvine Trail and its offshoots, so Saturday I decided to go across the parkway and run the new-to-me Rhododendron Trail. O - M - G!  Probably THE most unrunnable (is that a word) trail I've ever been on (forme), so I got to practice my power hiking for over 3 hrs. It took me over 4 hrs to complete 14.70 miles, and I was done by the time I finished.  Beautiful trail, though, absolutely beautiful, with lots of "waterfalls" due to the amount of rain we've had.  It's one I'll definitely go on again . . . but not when I'm trying to string together trails for my own "race."

At Mile 7, I popped out at the end this beautiful fire road.  I looked at my map, but wasn't quite sure where I was with regard to that road.  A couple happened to pop around the corner at that time and told me I was on the Cal-Barrel Road, which starts about a 1/4 mile from the campground.  Okay!  That gave me perspective.  Me: How long do you think the road is?  Them: Oh, it's about a mile, mile and a half.  Well, I needed another 7 miles.  Going down the road wasn't gonna help me, so I jumped back on the Rhododendron trail and kept going.  Ends up the Cal-Barrel Road is 3 miles long. 3 miles!!  If I'd known that, I would've run up and down the road to get the rest of my miles and would've been done probably an hour earlier.    The positive side is I got to see more of the beautiful (but freaking technical!) Rhodi Trail.  Anyway, I survived . . .

Interestingly, on the first Saturday of every month, the park service closes the parkway right after the turn to the campground and the road is open to bikes, walking, roller skating, skateboarding - everything but vehicles.  When I started my run, nobody was around.  When I finished, the place was packed.

Nothing yesterday, and this a.m. it was 45 min of core/ST.

We were thisclose to getting our vaccinations yesterday.  My boss called us around 3:00 and said the hospital had 34 extra vaccinations they needed to use that day.  We raced down there, got in line . . . only to find out they had a list of CalTrans workers who were getting priority, and the guy right in front of us was the last one they were going to be able to vaccinate.  Argh!! Oh well.  Maybe next time.

QOTD: No mileage goals.  I'm just happy to be running again after 3+ yrs. 

Happy Friday ~ Enjoy ~

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dhuffman63

Trails

qotd: Ha...I'm still trying to get to a full 30 min

All of your adventures sound like fun and I hope some day I can get back to it.  Some days I get really sad about it as all of my life I've been athletic...horses, surfing, the ultras and all that led to them but now just walking the 100 yards from my mailbox to the house and my heart pounds and I'm out of breath.

runtraildc

Hi all. Late to the party today. Got in a little over 3 miles on the trolley trail. Long hills and pushed the pace. Then picked up Chowder from his spa appointment and met friends for a 5 mile walk. It's nice out here and the rest of the week is just getting better.

It's a monday, but it feels like the weekend. DS1 is home for the afternoon. He got his first vaccine shot yesterday (bc Nat'l Guard) and had one of our cars.

qotd: Not really, except to run a streak of undetermined duration. I'm saying 'until the pandemic is over' but what that actually means is TBD. Could be until masks are no longer mandated or I'm tired of it.

Pain is my friend

Still no running for me. But if you want to read my race report its here: Red mountain 55k

ATY 24   141.445 2019 1st

Bear 100 22:08 2021 

Jackpot 100 Feb 14:59 - 5th

Pulse endurance 48 hr 175.3 miles

Bonnevile Backyard ultra 

Ute 100 Aug

24 hour loop race?