Trailer Trash

Threadful Thursdaily (Read 17 times)

XtremeTaper

Ran 5 last night with Baker through the hoods. Nothing special, but instead of repeating loops we wandered across to an adjacent development. Ran into some friendly dogs as usual. We tend to stop and let the dogs say "hello" now and then. Mild night... no hat, no gloves. About 50. It will be windy and colder this evening. Grrr.

QOTD: What is springing up in your world now?

Saw my first robin the other day... so sure it's going to be spring soon, right? Dream on.

Funny haha for the day.

In dog beers, I've only had one.

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

great so sign 

hill workout for TE and I yesterday, 4 miles- 1300’ gain in 2 miles

hitting the trails after work today, supposed to hit 50 

qotd: nothing yet, but some of the south and west slopes are starting to bare off, that’s a good sign

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

I'm going to do another ride/run combo after work today.  A shorter version though, probably 7 or 8 mi on the bike and 5 mi run.  I switched out the MTB bike seat for a "widebody" cushioned version, my bony ass couldn't take that racer seat.  I'll be doing about 90 to 100 miles on the MTB in 2 weeks and we'll be just ambling along at ultra pace while map reading/navigating, so I figured I'd go for comfort. Actually the larger seat is the same weight as the skinny one, so why not?  Plus I don't have time develop calluses on my ass in the next 2 weeks.

qotd: earlier this week I saw a flotilla of about 50 pelicans and then later in the same run an armadillo.  Plus we have a huge flock of robins running around the lawns in our neighborhood.

Just hoping that the coronavirus isn't blooming this spring.  XT that is funny and I've seen it before, I just used your graphic in a 'closed-minded conversation' with an anti-masker in another on-line area, hope it helps get the point across.

tbd.

Funny!

Yesterday - an hour of core/ST/cardio after work.

Predawn this a.m., 7 miles of pavement pounding.  I hate running on the pavement.

QOTD:  Lots of robins bopping around these days, at home and at work.  After a rain, they're all over our front and back yards eating bugs and pulling worms out of the ground.  At work, I've watched them and a few waxwing strip a tree outside my window of its little red berries the last couple of weeks.  It was a ton of fun watching them, but now all the berries are gone and so are the birds.   But we do have a family of ravens that are often around and are good for entertainment.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

LB2

I think around 3 miles this morning. Waited for the turkey to gobble, but he didn't. I think it may have been a little on the chilly side for a local bird to gobble this morning, mid to upper 30's.

QOTD: I am seeing a few buds, but I think that cold snap from a week or two ago really set things back a bit. I think that may be why the turkeys aren't quite doing much. I am seeing some evidence of winter flocks dispersing. I am hoping this gobbler behind the house hangs around for another month or so. If he does, I can easily hunt a little while every day of the season. Well, actually, I have a self-imposed one bird limit here now, so I'll hunt him until I kill him or the season ends.

LB2

I'm going to do another ride/run combo after work today.  A shorter version though, probably 7 or 8 mi on the bike and 5 mi run.  I switched out the MTB bike seat for a "widebody" cushioned version, my bony ass couldn't take that racer seat.  I'll be doing about 90 to 100 miles on the MTB in 2 weeks and we'll be just ambling along at ultra pace while map reading/navigating, so I figured I'd go for comfort. Actually the larger seat is the same weight as the skinny one, so why not?  Plus I don't have time develop calluses on my ass in the next 2 weeks.

“Widebody,” lol. I don’t bike much, but when I do, the comfy seat make such a difference. I have no interest in riding enough to develop callouses on my ass. 

Did 6.8 miles with intervals last night. 50 minutes easy after work today. 

QOTD: things have been blooming here for the past month.  I’m kind of hoping for more winter, TBH.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

NorthernHarrier

QOTD: things have been blooming here for the past month.  I’m kind of hoping for more winter, TBH.

You are cordially invited to the woods and frozen lakes of northern Wi. 

Yesterday I was so tired from all the traipsing about on snowshoes tapping trees and stuff that it ended up being a rest(?) day. So some weights and stretches this morning and about to head out for some tempo miles on the roads.

QOTD--my gauge in the yard says almost 20" of snow yet. Some sap is slowly dripping which counts for something but.....

AT-runner

Tim

Part time is about all I can handle right now.  Pretty wiped by end of my shift.  Trying to walk a bit more on TM.  I've slowly increased to 3.2 mph and walk 1 to 1.5miles.  Then I do the rest of my workout routine.  Slow and steady.  I've had a few really bad days mixed in where I walk like a drunken Frankenstein's monster.  At least I still have my charm and incredibly good looks, so that's good.   Have been out a couple of times on my fat tire ebike that DW got me.  Feel like I should hang a handicap placard from the handle bars, but it's nice to be able to get out and enjoy some of the easier MTB trails. Guess my MTB racing days are long gone. 

Where the hell is Jamie?

Sandy - I got into trail running by being an adventure racer. Was into AR before the Eco Challenge series started on TV and then it really exploded (and at first not in a good way, but has calmed down since).  I've done several long and short races. PM me if you want to chat about what to expect (but I'm sure you'll be more than well trained). Transition training is a good idea. Do you have a paddle section or any orienteering to do?

QOTD's :

Read 2-3 books a week.  I've mostly been reading period crime series. The Edinburgh series (Ian Hamilton Mysteries) is really good. Solving murders in 1860's Scotland.

I very rarely get mad a t work. But then again, I rarely get mad.

Had both shots and only had a minor reaction after second one.

Some crocuses blooming and warming up. Still have snow up on trails.  The AT is packed pretty good so that will take a few hot days to melt and then will be a mudfest.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

runtraildc

6 slow and easy miles this morning with my running friend. We stuck to the closed roads of Rock Creek so it was easy to keep distant. He's had one of his shots so I worry a little less now. It was incredibly quiet out there, despite the glorious weather.

AT: Good to hear about your progress!

qotd: Daffodil greens are coming up, but snow drops are about it for blooms. Not complaining, especially looking at the next 8 day forecast. I have some outside projects to work on and this will be just about perfect.

XtremeTaper

AT - Good progress. How was the beer the other night? Oh, and Dr Jamie took his mask off in a huff and left us. Well I think that was it.

RunTrail - Jealous of your weather. Still a bit chilly here this weekend until Monday. I am ready for some yardwork believe it or not. First order of business is to take all the cinder from the front yard where the plow piled up snow, cinders, and such.

Sandy  - You will be fine in TX. The pandemic is over, the power is on, and I assume everyone has perrier coming out of the taps by now.

In dog beers, I've only had one.