Trailer Trash

Mainstream Monday (Read 13 times)

LB2

I just hiked 2.5 miles this morning in 33:48. I didn't run at all. I feel like my walking speed has improved. We had a great time at the Parker McCollum concert on Friday night. He said he was sick, but he is about the best vocalist I have ever heard. It was a great show. I got to sleep about 1AM on Saturday, but I was up again at 5:30 to drink coffee and head out for the last squirrel hunt of the season. We killed 2 squirrels and a racoon. I gave the racoon to my neighbor.

QOTD: What was the last concert you attended?

Easy for me. Friday night we saw Parker McCollum. My girls want to see a rock show next.

LB2

4 very wet, cold predawn miles.  Bleck!  I still haven't warmed up.  We're supposed to get rain for the next few days, so I don't really have a choice.  Just gotta suck it up and get it done.

Then, I needed to get fasting blood work done for my physical and they only had one person phlebotomist, so I didn't get to drink any coffee until almost 9:00 a.m.!  

QOTD Weekend: I like to binge shows, especially if it's a crappy weather day (like yesterday) and there's not really anything else to do.  and since someone yesterday mentioned "The Fall" on Prime, we watched it for 9 hours and still have some episodes to go.  Really good show.

QOTD: Peter Frampton at small theater on the local university campus a couple of years ago.  It was a surprise for The Hub.  Just Frampton and his guitar, singing and telling stories.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of Nothing

Sue

3 miles slog with Jack and then 4 more alone.  The storm moved in for my last two miles and the pelting snow on my face was miserable and made it hard to see.  

qotd:  Eric Church ...my friend was in his fan club so got us pit seats for $100 it was lije front row seating.... great show.

05/13/23 Traverse City Trail Festival 25K

08/19/23  Marquette 50   dns 🙄

mtwarden

running under the BigSky

A really (really) tough 11 (2000') miles yesterday snowshoeing with a buddy- snow was OK the first three miles, after that it turned to $hit- we would sometimes post hole up to our waists; later in the day it warmed enough that the snow starting sticking to our snowshoes- you had to kick really hard to get it the 2-3 pounds of snow stuck to the shoe off!

BUT it was a pretty day 

4 (800') miles this morning with DW and Tiny Elvis

qotd: Neil Young in Missoula, probably six-seven years ago.  The concert started out great, some good old songs on his acoustic guitar, then started into the electric guitar, each song got progressively louder to the point of hurting our ears- we had to leave (as did hundreds of others).  Somebody on the sound crew screwed the pooch big time 

2023 goal 2023 miles  √

2022 goal- 2022 miles √

2021 goal- 2021 miles √

Sandy-2

SRD today.  Doing the logistical planning and starting to shop for next weekend's trip.

qotd:  I really can't remember, it was a while ago, but it was either Neil Young or Bruce Springsteen. Correction: during a business trip to London a little before the pandemic I saw the Rolling Stones (the No Filter Tour).

tbd.