Road to Hopkinton

New Group (Read 597 times)

They ship ANYWHERE in the U.S Michelle Wink Tongue
    I'm in luck. The pizza place I'm going to tonight to pick up dinner has them. My family won't even know I treated myself to a pre-dinner snack.

Michelle

btb1490

Michelle, you can't have just ANY canolli! Anatomy of a Mikes Cannolo Freshly made homemade filling is essential- prepared daily to guarantee freshness. The most popular are ricotta cheese, yellow and chocolate cream. Other fillings are chocolate cream . yellow cream . chocolate dipped . chocolate chip ricotta chocolate covered ricotta New York cheesecake and Florentine ricotta. The recipes, of course, are top secret - our bakers know the proper blend of ingredients to create the perfect texture and taste for this delicate creation. Crunchy handmade shell always fresh and crispy, because we make them right here on the premises. Unlike many other shops that have these pre-made. Pictured here in the middle are also a special version of this shell, hand dipped in dark chocolate. Chocolate chips are very popular and produce a delightfully seductive taste sensation with the fresh cream cheese. Combined with a chocolate-dipped shell, this is a chocolate-lovers dream. A slight dusting with Powdered (confectioner's) sugar adds a subtle touch to the crispy deep-fried shell, and a level of elegance as well. Ummmm, what marathon? Wink
        Pam, you could probably qualify in Philly THIS YEAR I'll bet! I don't think you have to worry about following through on your intentions! The question isn't IF you qualify, it's more like WHEN you qualify. The clown? I'm just messing with you guys. I know you're really all business at these races, right? Wink If any of you need any extra incentive to get to Boston, check this out... http://www.mikespastry.com/index.html Yeah, it's gonna be fun!
        I still need to work on my confidance in how far I can run while pushing the pace (last few miles). If things go well and I don't trip around mile 20 I plan on hitting high gear just to see how far I can go. 2 years ago I didn't think I'd be able to do another marathon let alone on my "own". Anyways nice to hear your confidance in me! Maybe I can get someone to hold up a sign with a picture of a connoli on it with HTFU on it as well

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Chocolate chips are very popular and produce a delightfully seductive taste sensation with the fresh cream cheese. Combined with a chocolate-dipped shell, this is a chocolate-lovers dream.
          *dreamy-eyed look...while drooling slightly* Someone pinch me! Yes

Michelle

This spring I started running 5 or 6 six days a week and one or two of them were hills and speedwork. I think that did most of it. Milage also of course. It remains to be seen on Sunday if it was enough though! Good luck in Richmond in November! Arne
            GOOD LUCK Arne!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

*dreamy-eyed look...while drooling slightly* Someone pinch me! Yes
              PINCH Evil grin

btb1490

I have done 8 M's and did my last in May 5.4 seconds late for BQ time. Finishing time was 3:31:05.4 My next attempt is on Sunday Oct 14 in Toronto.
                Ouch! That was sooo close! You will love Toronto! Best of luck Arne! Bring back some BQ news, ok?

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey everyone, I just discovered this group. My PR is 3:39, I need a 3:30 for Boston 2008 or 3:35 for 2009. I'm shooting for it at the Tucson Marathon on December 2. Trouble is I've run a bunch this year but can't seem to stick to a training plan, now it's time to get serious!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

now it's time to get serious!
                    I said that exact thing about my running just a couple of weeks ago. Must be something in the air. Smile

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Well, to resurrect a VERY old thread, I missed at Tucson by 2 minutes. Angry Anyway, trying again this year, probably a November/December goal race. DW is running Monday so I'll get psyched up for it!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016