Chicago Marathon

2 Months, 9 days, 23 hours, 10 minutes and 20, 19, 18, 17... (Read 368 times)

How is everyone doing on their training? Are you were you want to be? Any injuries you've had to overcome along the way? What kind of milage are you currently at?
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways.... totally worn out ....shouting...."Holy S**t....What a ride!"
    derek

My training isn't going so good right now. I'm in a bit of a rut have gone through a period where I think I was over trained. I had cut back my mileage drastically and I'm just now building back up. I had peaked at 45 miles about 6 weeks ago, but I only ran 30 miles last week and should hit 35 miles this week.

Derek

All business

I had some knee pain in the beginning of July. Took it easy for a while, and am trying to be ready for the marathon and avoid injury at the same time. I should know in a couple weeks if i'm going to be in it for sure (i really want to!).

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." J. Handy

Mishka-old log

My update: I'm finally starting to get in some injury-free, consistent miles. It has come around later than I thought, forcing me to revise the goal. I got in my longest run of the year on Saturday...11 miles. I'm hoping to build that to 18 two weeks out from the marathon. It's not an optimal tapering strategy, but the way training has gone, I feel it'll be more important emphasize the longer miles. My marathon PR is off a long run of 18, so I'm comfortable that will be enough. For the race itself, I'm planning to go out 30 seconds per mile slower than the pace I feel I could maintain for the full race and hold it to 10 or 13, depending on how things feel. I just want to finish positive, within 8 min of my PR.