Circle North

Boston 2017 (Read 18 times)

Time to get this thread started.  Hoping we get lots of CN representation this year.  Post here if you are in.

Egad

Dave T

Greg M

Michelle S

Mad Mike

Fro

Andy

Carol Legere

Mark Rix

Later today I'll offer them a large sum of money. Anyone's guess as to whether they take it or not.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

gadman

a

About time! Congrats

All of us at the Boston Athletic Association are honored by the supreme interest in registering for next year's Boston Marathon. We are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support in regards to the 2017 race. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept all qualifiers who submitted entries.

The notification process for alerting athletes whether or not they have been accepted has begun, and will continue through next week. The majority of athletes who submitted entries during Week Two of registration (September 19-21) will be notified by the end of next week. Please understand that it takes time to verify and confirm all entries, and that we are working to ensure the utmost immediacy and accuracy in the verification of applications.

The B.A.A. thanks all runners for their support throughout the registration process, and we look forward to the 2017 Boston Marathon!

Fro

shoot - no last minute BQ opps! Still think its going to by under :50 - SOOOO hoping for Ms. Gwen!!!

GregM

Fingers crossed.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Fro

It's official - I'm in! Cut was 2:09. Super shocked as to how high it was.... I CANNOT believe this is going to happen. Thanks Gadman for being my motivation to get off my ass and make this happen - I owe you more than I can express!!

Later today I'll offer them a large sum of money. Anyone's guess as to whether they take it or not.

Once again they declined to take my money. 5 seconds this time. Once again I should've run faster. Or at least not puked, or something. Ah well. I'm kind of happy my comeback doesn't have to have an artificially induced timeline to it. I'll race a marathon again when I'm ready.

Congrats to all who got in. I'll still be training with your dumb asses this winter.

Fro

Once again they declined to take my money. 5 seconds this time. Once again I should've run faster. Or at least not puked, or something. Ah well. I'm kind of happy my comeback doesn't have to have an artificially induced timeline to it. I'll race a marathon again when I'm ready.

Congrats to all who got in. I'll still be training with your dumb asses this winter.

Seriously? That is crazy... was wondering what your cushion was. Damn..... Fear Mr. C in 2018!

gadman

Congrats to Fro and everyone else that got in.

"Beep, Beep!"

Time to get this thread started.  Hoping we get lots of CN representation this year.  Post here if you are in.

Egad

Dave T

Greg M

Michelle S

Mad Mike

Fro

Andy

Carol Legere

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Fro

Add Mark Rix as well...

Just read an email trying to get me to sign up for the ES20. Any of you Elite Boston Runners planning to do it?

Fro

I'll need to get back to you - haven't even touched getting ready for this yet... Only thing I'm committed to is feeling better, MWC and the BM itself - in that order. Sounds fun tho.

Yes!

Just read an email trying to get me to sign up for the ES20. Any of you Elite Boston Slow and Fat Runners planning to do it?