Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Yep Greg this is very similar. The map feature is awesome.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Place Overall Place Gender Place Division Name (CTZ) BIB Division Age Est.Finish Est.Finish Daytime Est. Remaining Split Time Of Day Time  
            » Froning, Michael (USA) 589 45-49 47 03:19:00 10:51:58 - 15K 08:43:43 01:10:45 Remove Runner from 'My Runners'
            » Leigh, Michael (USA) 7435 45-49 46 03:18:27 10:51:23 - 15K 08:43:30 01:10:33

"Beep, Beep!"

15k at 1:10:45 and 7:41 pace. Still on for sub 3:20

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

Uh oh, bad news for Fro or goods for Mad Mike, or both.  Mad Mike is 0.05 km ahead of Fro.  I don't think that was intended.  The app says Fro is 15-17 seconds behind (fluctuating between those numbers).

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Well, that's ridiculously huge, but it does make their names clickable here. Still rolling together at 15k.

Hmmm yeah, little gap there. Water stop separation maybe?

GregM

Yep Greg this is very similar. The map feature is awesome.

Very cool.  Some day the runners will be able to replay the tracking after the race.  Kinda like a Super Bowl replay party.

Looks like they're still running the same pace. The gap is staying steady.

GregM

Water stop separation maybe?

I hope that's all it is, but I'm doubtful.  I think Fro intended to hang with Mad Mike through the water stops and everything else.  Of course, there's lots to go from here, so we'll know soon enough.

That's gotta be mentally tough for Fro right now. Still looks like they're running the same pace. Would be super hard to fight the urge to waste energy trying to catch back up. Good discipline to just hold steady and keep the pace where it should be.

So, as soon as I type that, it seems that Fro has in fact caught back up. Ha.

Go Mikes!

1:39:21 for ML, 1:39:25 for Fro at the half, both projected around <3:19.

GregM

What's interesting is, Fro's pace from 15km to 20km remained steady (7:41 at 15km and 7:42 at 20km), whereas Mad Mike's pace slowed considerably (7:37 at 15km and 7:46 at 20km).  Is Mad Mike slowing to let Fro catch up?  Or is Mad Mike having issues?  Knowing Mad Mike, I think he's slowing to help pull and encourage Fro.  He's done that for me on more than one occasion.

Hmm looked like Fro came to a dead stop for about 40 seconds there but now seems to be back on track.

GregM

Bad news, Fro is falling farther behind, and his pace is not enough for 3:20.  He probably needs a 3:22  or better to BQ.  It looks like his average pace is 7:39 (with 5km pace splits of 7:31, 7:35, 7:41, 7:42, and 7:45).  That last 5km split is from 20 to 25km.  Based on the projection, if he keeps his average pace of 7:39, he'll finish with 3:20:17.  But he'll have to speed up to do that, and that looks unlikely at this point.

GregM

Hmm looked like Fro came to a dead stop for about 40 seconds there but now seems to be back on track.

Porta-potty stop?  Let's hope that's all it is.

Seems like he's staying steady. The gap is hovering right around that 40 second mark.