Circle North

Group runs (Read 975 times)

Home Away From Home

Doug-

just want to let you I am going to have bail on the Maine coast run this weekend.  After talking with the wife she feels it is unsafe to have me out on a Friday night till 9pm or whatever Out on the streets alone.  If I get there early and run and then try to finish with you guys on your 16 or whatever I will be so toast and never keep up and be on my own anyway so I am going to run on my own on Friday and then Head to Portsmouth on Sunday for the 5miler chief Malloy charity run. Thanks for the invite and really sorry I can't make it but it does seem a bit hard to make it work and still be able to keep up with you and law runner.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

GregM

Maine Coast Marathon - On course training run.

Is anyone interested in doing an on course training run either Friday evening or Saturday morning ?

The plan would be to meet at UNE and drive one car (or more if needed) down to Beach ave. Which is around mile 7.

If anyone is interested in doing a shorter run they could be dropped off on the course at their preferred distance along the way.

A Friday run would need to start from Beach ave by 5:30p at the latest. Saturday I would need to start from Beach ave. by 8am.

Easy pace. No inflatables.

If there is any interest and we come up with a plan, I may post it on the Maine Coast Marathon FB page too.

Doug, as stated Tuesday, I'm IN for this.  I can leave town on Friday by 4:30.  I can also do Saturday morning.  Here's my cell, 651-2770.  Shoot me a text or give me a call so I have yours.  Egad, you can't make either date?  Tall Dave?  Gadman?  L Train?  Anyone else?

I like the FB plan.  I'll contact an attorney friend of mine, Joe Wrobleski, who is signed up with an estimated time of 3:15 to see if he can join us.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

I'm out.  I thought about it but Friday night timing isn't great for me.  And I really need to get some confidence back before doing this kind of stuff.  It's not like I'm running the race and need to scope the course out like you guys do.

I DO like this kind of stuff, and I think we should consider more of it sometimes in the future.  Different routes, point to points, etc.  Have a great run guys.

Greg,

I'm still in for Friday. leaving here around 4:30p should be fine. We can figure out where to meet at UNE and then one car drive down to ocean ave. around mile 10. I think that last 16 plus miles of the course will be nice to see and get a feel for. I'll post something on the Maine Coast FB page this morning and see if anyone has interest..

GregM

Great, Doug.  My attorney friend is unavailable, but hopefully we can hook up with some others who are.  For pacing, if we do 16, I'm thinking I'd like to warm up the first 4-5 miles with a gradually increasing pace from say 9:00 to 8:30, then increase from 8:30 to 8:00 over the next 5 miles, and then increase over the last 6 miles to your planned marathon pace, say 7:30 to 7:40?

L Train

GregM

I think that is Doug's planned marathon pace, right, Doug?  7:30 to 7:40?

I think that is Doug's planned marathon pace, right, Doug?  7:30 to 7:40?

That should work,  7:38 pace = 3:19:59 .

Certainly not a sure thing for me. But it's something to shoot for.

Plus if I just miss it and end up with something like 3:20:21, I suppose that would be ok too.

Then there is always the old standby of 3:5something.

L Train

But it's something to shoot for.

It's your only reason to run.

Egad, you can't make either date?   

No, can't do it.  I originally wanted to preview the course but then abandoned the idea of running this marathon, now it's back on but the timing won't work.  IOHM, I know.

i am setting may 11th at 12pm as a tentative date and time to have a run from trains to alfred gas and back. then hit trains when done. it is 23-24 miles of easy trail. not eastern trail easy but easy. can't make it? don't worry. there will be others.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

i am setting may 11th at 12pm as a tentative date and time to have a run from trains to alfred gas and back. then hit trains when done. it is 23-24 miles of easy trail. not eastern trail easy but easy. can't make it? don't worry. there will be others.

Not sure this would be a good idea before Maine Coast, so I'm probably out.

Not sure this would be a good idea before Maine Coast, so I'm probably out.

well aware. this is meant for the cool people so i'm expecting to run alone.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Actually, you should have Cremer.  And who knows, maybe Lance will join you for some of this.  I will be up for this next time.  Have a good run.

L Train

My calendar says I'll be on a cruise ship touring 3rd world countries.