Half Marathon Trainers

Note for Larry (Read 269 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Hey, Larry, I wanted to update you on DS16's Junior Olympic meet. His team won the Intermediate Division! DS came in 4th for his team (16:38, not a PR, but he seemed OK with it) and 19th overall out of 213 runners. He got All-American honors for finishing in the top 25. It was a great experience for him and the other boys. They enjoyed whooping and hollering and destroying the competition! They got 53 points, and second place got 95, so it wasn't even close. The best part is that he's taking two weeks off now at his coach's instruction, so I don't have to cart him to and from practices this week! Big grin
      That is really great news, both for the team and his individual performance and certainly a feather in his cap for his college resume. Did any of his team mates finish top 3? PRs mean nothing in CC because each course is different, that's why it's so hard to judge your times. More importantly is how difficult of a course was it? I'm really glad he went for it and hope he and the family enjoyed the J.O. experience as much as we did. I hope you enjoyed the couple of weeks off before the holiday and are geared up for the upcoming year. Does his school have an indoor track team? By the way, has the smile left your face yet! Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Larry! Yes, one of his teammates came in second overall! It was kind of a surprise for him to do that well. Yep, indoor track has already started. Although he hasn't been training for two weeks, he's participated in two meets! Saturday he tied his mile PR of 4:35 even without training, so he was excited. The boys warmed up about 12 miles before the race (!), so he's been sore the past couple of days. Good to know he's human! Big grin I'm definitely still smiling. There was a good photo of him online from the JO meet, so we ordered it and are going to frame it for him. As a friend said, it's moments like these that you want to remember when you're 25 and having a hard time! How have YOU been doing? Did you have a good Christmas?
          I'm thrilled for your son and his team, it's quite an accomplishment and one for all of them to be proud of. The picture will be worth every penny. I'm doing pretty good. Had a great but hectic Christmas but the smile on my grand children's faces was worth every bit of the time and energy spent getting ready. As for running, I was hoping to get on the threadmill yesterday and give it an easy run, but didn't make it but should have time this afternoon when I get home. the leg has felt really good the past couple of weeks and hasn't bothered me on stairs etc, so it's time to give it some more work (besides I've put back on 10 lbs since I stopped running) I'll take it easy and if it feels good will probably alternate every other day between threadmill and exercise bike. Larry

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"