Fitness/weight goals for 2014
1) STAY INJURY FREE!!!
2) Get to 199 lbs by the Greenway Marathon (3-23-14)...and stay there (as of 12-09-13 was at 214lbs)
3) Get to 190 lbs by the end of May…and stay there!
4) Complete Ironman Chattanooga in under 14 hours
5) Break 4 hours in a stand alone marathon (Goal race=Rocket City 12/13/14)
5) 4,500 total overall miles for the year:
Swim: 100 miles
Bike: 3,000 miles
Run: 1,400 miles
If you are unfamilar with this race...it's a half marathon where you start at 7,000 feet and run 13.1 miles up to 14,000 feet (so basically you start one mile up and go up one mile and finish at two miles up). The race is held in August...but we are going to do it in August of 2010. Which will give us plenty of time to really train/exercise for it. Should be interesting.
PBs since age 60: 5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.
10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.
Sounds like a very interesting race. I'd imagine the training for this is going to involve running lots of hills.
Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b) Mile by Mile
Prince of Fatness
Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.
Paul, I've picked out the Tampa Bay Distance Classic because my sister lives about thirty minutes away. It eliminates the need for a hotel and hopefully will increase my cheering section.