A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 07/12/09 (Read 245 times)

jeffdonahue

Bad week for me overall.  We dropped my daughter off at camp last Sunday.  She was really nervous.  ON monday I had to go get her because one of her braces fell off, so we got an emergency orthodontist appointment at 9:30 monday night, then I drove her back again.

On Thursday we got another call from the camp - this time stomach pains.  Had to go back and take her to a local hospital there, where they thought it might be appendicitis.  Luckily it wasnt and she is doing better, but that night I got a grand total of 60 minutes of sleep.

Never really got caught back up with the whole sleep thing I think because wehn I got to my 5K (my goal race for this year) my legs felt like lead.  It was a pretty nice day for the race at the start - overcast and semicool.  by the end the sun came out and it was hotter.  I PRed by one second (19:49) but had really been hoping to do much better than that).

This week I am on vacation (which is why this is a day early) so I'm not sure how much running I am going to get in.

Have a great week everyone.

Jeff

Milestones this week:

mainrun - 15 months

Ojo - 8 months

Wingz - 5 months

oldman - 5 months

AlbertoKnox - 5 months

Jill_B - 4 months

dollysmum - 2 months

AuntJenny74 - 2 months

backroadrunner - 2 months

runinblack - 1 month

Teresadfp - 1 month

celiacChris - 1 month

A Saucy Wench

hope you have a good vacation Jeff...sounds like you need it. 

Well...good thing about 5K's is you recover fast...so go find another one and CRUSH IT

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I'm still here, but actually busy with running now that I've hit my stride.

Jeff, I was one of those nervous kids...  I think my daughter is, too.  My dad spent a few hours in the ER waiting room with me over stomach pains.  I guess payback is coming for me in several years.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Wow - didn't know braces COULD fall off!    Glad to hear your kiddo's fine.

I will hit 150 days this week... wonder if I should do something special... go for a run maybe?  Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

Wow - didn't know braces COULD fall off!    Glad to hear your kiddo's fine.

I will hit 150 days this week... wonder if I should do something special... go for a run maybe?  Big grin

You should run a mile for every day of your streak 

Jeff-Have a good vacation!

I had a good week.  This morning though felt like I was trudging along.  Really didn't want to get up & do it before work.  I kept thinking about how hot it would be in the afternoon so got 1 mile in.  I know 5 miles isn't long for some but I'm a bit sore.  That's my long run right now. I'm building up.

Good runs to everyone!

Congratulations to those who hit milestones!!

Wingz

Professional Noob

You should run a mile for every day of your streak 

Um...  that'd take me several days even if I didn't stop or slow down... 

Maybe I'll bake some brownies instead... Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

A Saucy Wench

Well I have pinkeye in both eyes so I am only typing, not reading and an inner ear infection that hurts to swallow and makes me dizzy. I'm thinking 1 mile is gonna be indoor on the dreadmill where I can hold on so I dont fall off and where I wont run into a tree.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

4 months down.  I guess I'd better keep going.

Over the weekend, DH asked me if I was going to keep running every day after I hit a year.  Smile

Bring it on.

Ojo

Sorry for your troubles Jeff!  Hopefully you will have a good week off.

Last week was okay but not great.  Still getting over my cold so that wore me down a bit.  I also had to flip my long run again to today (I hate long runs on Mondays) so the run felt really tough.  Still happy about the streak -- can't believe it is 9 months already. 

Hope everyone has a good week!

Sara

MM #2929

I'll shine some positive light on our previous week!  Overall I had a good week and accomplished what I set out to do in terms of mileage except for Saturday when my daughter did not cooperate during the track workout.

Nice job on the milestones everyone.  I hope this week is better for all of us!    

A Saucy Wench

owie...the ear did not like the bouncing

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah Trent!!!  How did it feel?

Congrats to everyone on the milestones.  Jeff, hope your vacation is wonderful.  Ennay, hope you are feeling better soon!!

My runs have all been pretty good.  My running partner is creeping her mileage back up slowly & hit 4.1 miles for the first time in months tonight!  

I had to do a good hard mental slap tonight for my own stupidity.  About a year or so ago, my body decided beef should not be in my diet.  So I ate a hamburger for dinner tonight because it looked & smelled good.  Then I ran 4.1 miles.  The I ran to the woods to use "the bathroom".  Now I feel like death is knocking on the door & have vowed to not eat beef no matter how good it smells.  So much for 16 miles tomorrow...    Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                              I ran today.

I bet it was at least three miles...Smile