River City Runners of Louisville

New Louisville Half-Marathon (Read 808 times)

Throughout the course on Saturday there was advertisement for a new half-marathon on 11-12 put on by the Louisville Sports Commission. (I didn't even realize this organization existed)

From the website (http://louisvillesports.org/race):

FALL HALF MARATHON - Start at the KFC YUM! Center, wind your way through historic downtown, head East to Hogan’s Fountain in Cherokee Park, roll back through NuLu on East Market St. and finish at that crazy 70s place - the Belvedere

The fact that it's billed as a 'Derby Festival Production' may be enough to keep away, but at least they call it a half.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's a name that just rolls off the tongue: Louisville Sports Commission Half Marathon

That's a name that just rolls off the tongue: Louisville Sports Commission Fall Half Marathon

I like the course proposed.

Skooter 3.0

+1

Goals?

I'm hoping to pull the trigger on this one...but it's going to be a long training season with just getting back to running and the 90+ heat returning for a second engagement this summer.  It's a goal, but I'm going to wait until at least the second registration deadline to be sure.

Derby Festival Committee mgmt.

I'm probably going for the Home Run Half instead.

Of course, I didn't realize there was a date conflict with the other Home Run.

Sounds like a hornet's nest may have been kicked.

Believe

So who is running the Louisville Marathon, Big Hit (Home Run) Half and the new Louisville Half?  I am also thinking of subbing the Nashville Ultra 50K for the Louisville Marathon if I can get ready.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

I wish the owner of this group would put a race calendar on the front page.  This whole business of clicking on a link in too inconvenient. 

Okay...I'm confused.  Is the Home Run Half now the Republic Bank Big Hit Half?  I assume this is to distinguish from the Home (Run) of the Innocents.  How many half-marathons are there going to be in November?

Believe

Okay...I'm confused.  Is the Home Run Half now the Republic Bank Big Hit Half?  I assume this is to distinguish from the Home (Run) of the Innocents.  How many half-marathons are there going to be in November?

The Home Run Half is now the Big Hit Half and yes it was to distinguish it from the Run for the Innocence.  Here is the schedule that I know for sure.  October 16 Louisville Marathon/Half Marathon, October 30 Big Hit Half, and November 13 the Louisville Sports Commission Half Marathon.  I am planning on all three races as of now but I am not sure if I will do the Full Louisville or the Half.

Thanks moneyman, that does clear things up.  I'm training, I hope, for the one in November.  This first week has gone well, but grad school starts again in a couple of weeks, so who knows?!

Believe

Thanks moneyman, that does clear things up.  I'm training, I hope, for the one in November.  This first week has gone well, but grad school starts again in a couple of weeks, so who knows?!

Good luck with that Grad school thing.  Actualy my MBA was the best part of my education.  Maybe I'll see you in November.

Believe

So has anybody signed up for any of the 3 races yet.  The louisville Marathon, Big Hit or LSC?  Also is anybody doing the Doubler this year?

The Doubler is a ...  I mean, no.