Sub-4 Marathon Group

September 2013 (Read 44 times)

I took a rest day as a precautionary measure yesterday. 5 miles tonight may turn that into 7. Legs are feeling pretty solid.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Something easy tonight.  No hills, no speed, not too long, not too short.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

slow and easy tonight for me also.

Rusk Runner

Just wasnt feeling a run tonight so I took a URD from running and substitued it with cycling.  20 miles with hills, 18.6 mph, 80 rpm.  1:04 total time.  My quads are going to be mad at me in the morning as I havent cycled in a few weeks.  I need to get back in the groove of having at least 2 days of cycling per week.

Just Run!!!

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

My running buddy cancelled at last minute. So ended up going to another park and did 9.25 hill miles. Got there at sunset so used headlamp.for most of run. Also seemed to be foggy in spots. The hills during the day are tough but at night were a real challenge. But gott'er done.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Rusk Runner

Shadow - I run with a headlamp alot.  The fog sure does make things weird.  Good job getting your run done.

7 miles easy this morning. 8:31 pace.  Felt no effects from last nights cycling.  If anything it made my legs feel stronger.

Just Run!!!

the trail I ran the other night skirts the side of a neighborhood on one side and a major road on the other as well as being elevated. So when running it the headlights from the cars are pointed directly at the trail. There are no street lights to see the trail and it can make really interesting. It makes my ankles nervous.

DetroitTigerFan

nice running everyone ! yeah, it's that time of year where the sun goes down quickly - was finishing V02 max stuff after work and the track gets a shaded quickly - especially if there are bleachers or clouds on horizon.  Then yesterday, saw a great sunset - shades of orange as the sun hit the horizon.

As far as me, things are feeling really good - legs are working and I'm confident. Have a 22 miler on Sat and then taper finally - time to focus on protecting the immune system for race day  -bed early, don't get run down, less stress, etc. It's a challenge since its post season time for baseball so there could be some late nights (and I hope its in my teams favor or course - lol) Smile

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry I have been MIA.  I had great runs this week but thre weather has been bad so I had to shuffle them around and even took a URD. 105F and 77DP more or less all week is bot conducive to running.

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Good to see you are approaching taper time, DTF.  Enjoy the madness.

Docket -  Baking as usual.

8.21 easy today.  Wont mention the temps as it was a hot day, but not Docket hot.  8:27 avg pace.

Just Run!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Mornin!  I have 8 miles tonight.

Last night it was something weird.  91F and 67 dewpoint.  I don't even remember how that feels!

Damaris

DetroitTigerFan

Docket - nice cat ! is that a tabby? hope you get some cool weather coming up

Me - 22 done this morning - broke in a new pair of shoes.  It was a tough run but i'm still confident. I don't think i'm drinking enough on my long runs but i'm not thirsty and seem to have very slight nausea in the later miles. I do little sips at each mile and alternate water and water/gatorade.  It was 100% humidity today - not sure if that impacted things. Anyway, got er done at 9:38 and finished strong. I tried to envision me running marathon pace at mile 22 today and it just seemed like I was at max speed today at 9:20 ish at full effort. I hope I know what the heck i'm doing - lol.  Looking at the race, I want to sub 4 and am hoping i'll at least do better than last year's 4:07.  I'm guessing my range can be from 3:55 to 4:06 all things equal (weather,health,etc)

My annual question - lol - how many miles do you like on your marathon shoes?

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Orange cat, but has some orange tabby markings.

Nice 22.

Damaris

ap4

Nice 22 mile run, DTF.

For me, I like having 50-300 miles on my marathon shoes. Enough that I feel that they're broken in, but not worn out. I usually retire a pair at 400 miles (they become work shoes until the next pair gets retired).

Rusk Runner

DTF - You are going to be fine.  Try to enjoy your taper and get a few more miles on those shoes before race day.  Cant help you on the stomach issues, but I never drink anything but water while running.  Everything fuelwise comes from gels which I take in every 4 miles or so during the race.  I drink water at every aid station during the race.  The thought of carrying my own water during a race turns me off.

Got in 6.2 yesterday.  3.1 was with DW who finished her first run at that distance in a long, long time.  Felt great to run with her.  Got 3.1 done alone directly after our run and did the last mile at 7:18.  Will need to do some work at that pace before November.

Out for 14 or 15 in a little while.

Just Run!!!