Sub-4 Marathon Group

April 2013 (Read 53 times)

Smashy!!!

Just a reminder for all who are seeking to BQ, Columbus is a fantastic race to BQ at.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  Just wow!! I would say, yes, you have a pretty damn good shot at 3:45!

CBus:  If I thought I had a chance in hell at 3:40 this year, I would absolutely run Columbus.  But, yeah, not there yet!  Especially since I am literally sitting here with ice packs on one ankle, both knees, and one hip!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Hey guys! I was thinking of ya'll tracking me during the race Smile  Pretty happy with the result today.  I took the first half fairly easy and then was like I better start racing this! Smile  Felt pretty strong up until the end.  Legs were hurting quite a bit in the last 2 but nothing to slow me down.  At no point did I wish I had done more long runs!  I'll probably write a race report later. Thanks for all the kind words and support!

Ball of Fury

Hey guys! I was thinking of ya'll tracking me during the race Smile  Pretty happy with the result today.  I took the first half fairly easy and then was like I better start racing this! Smile  Felt pretty strong up until the end.  Legs were hurting quite a bit in the last 2 but nothing to slow me down.  At no point did I wish I had done more long runs!  I'll probably write a race report later. Thanks for all the kind words and support!

That's awesome Jenny!  I honestly can't say I have EVER completed a race ad not thought, "I wish I had done more something or other."  Maybe someday!

cmb4314

Congrats Onemile!

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

Rusk Runner

ONEMILE YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Way to kick it girl!

Where is Docket!?

Mdawg - Nice workout!

Amik - You are doing well.  Focus on your inner Davilla.

Me - Lots of Honey-do shopping this morning.  Got 5 easy done this morning @ 8:59 pace.  Hoping for 10 miles tomorrow to put me at 35 miles for the week.  Will check in later for more word from our awesome racers.

Jenny I will toast you with a Magic Hat #9 tonight!

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Cbus - Columbus on my list but don't work for me right now with kid activities. Pretty locked into Philly now. Plan to reg next week.

Jenny - congrats. How big a PR was this? You should a RR on Hanson FB page.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

I hope Docket is doing well!  Since everyone seems to be out and about, I have a question.  I am working on our training schedule for IMM in November and am pretty set on trying Hanson's Advanced plan.  I took a look at One's paid plan but truthfully don't think DH and I can both get in 60-70 mpw, and really, we probably aren't at the point we should even try.  Anyway, question is, after my HM on May 4th, we will have the rest of May and June until we start the plan on July 1.  Obviously, the week after the HM, we will take it a bit easy and run reduced mileage, then the next week will probably do 35-40 easy miles.  It's the 6 weeks after that I am unsure of...I would like to run between 40-50 mpw, maybe even 55ish for "base building."  When you do that, do you just run them all easy?  Or do you throw in some sort of higher intensity work, just not as structured?  Like, maybe a tempo run one week, some fartlek type stuff, hell, I have no idea what I am talking about right now!  Help me Donuts!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Docket finished as per FB. She was smiling in her pic so it was a good race for her.

AmiK - your schedule is practically identical to mine with a HM that same weekend and I plan to start a 20wk 60-80mpw Hanson plan on July 1st. I am taking it easy first week after Frederick just easy miles around 45-50m. I am still working out what I plan to do leading up to Philly training. I'd like to get my base mpw up a bit to mid60s range consistently. I have a couple of 5k's I might do, but was going to to do a mix of Hanson 5k/HM  just to get into a routine.

I'd just keep mpw consistent and do some intervals/tempos unless your base is lacking right now and just base build till July 1st keeping it all easy.

I hope Docket is doing well!  Since everyone seems to be out and about, I have a question.  I am working on our training schedule for IMM in November and am pretty set on trying Hanson's Advanced plan.  I took a look at One's paid plan but truthfully don't think DH and I can both get in 60-70 mpw, and really, we probably aren't at the point we should even try.  Anyway, question is, after my HM on May 4th, we will have the rest of May and June until we start the plan on July 1.  Obviously, the week after the HM, we will take it a bit easy and run reduced mileage, then the next week will probably do 35-40 easy miles.  It's the 6 weeks after that I am unsure of...I would like to run between 40-50 mpw, maybe even 55ish for "base building."  When you do that, do you just run them all easy?  Or do you throw in some sort of higher intensity work, just not as structured?  Like, maybe a tempo run one week, some fartlek type stuff, hell, I have no idea what I am talking about right now!  Help me Donuts!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Thanks Jedi!  I don't think our base is lacking for the Hanson Advanced plan, really.  It starts in the 40s and peaks at 63, which I think we can do.  I would feel better about it if I hadn't had the week of sickness and then the low mileage last week as well, though.  I think we will definitely stick with the Hanson schedule of 6 days per week and just do a few tempos, etc..

Ball of Fury

Oh, and way to go Docket!!!!!

mdawg87

Congrats Docket!  Another one in the books!  You're a machine.

Okay...someone may need to talk me off the ledge here...but maybe not.

DH and I were talking about me BQing for 2014.  He told me to check out available races late summer and if there was something that looked doable to just go for it.  He said I'm recovered and I need to move forward.  So happy I married him.  He has a knack for kick starting me when I'm being overly cautious.  Anyway, Lehigh Valley on September 8th would work for me.  It involves travel, but that would be the case for any summer race since I'm in Atlanta.  Didn't someone mention that race or is someone running it?  Training would start in 2 weeks so I really need the donuts feedback.  Should I give Hansons beginner plan another go or should I opt for a lower mileage plan?  Help!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Congrats Docket!  Another one in the books!  You're a machine.

Okay...someone may need to talk me off the ledge here...but maybe not.

DH and I were talking about me BQing for 2014.  He told me to check out available races late summer and if there was something that looked doable to just go for it.  He said I'm recovered and I need to move forward.  So happy I married him.  He has a knack for kick starting me when I'm being overly cautious.  Anyway, Lehigh Valley on September 8th would work for me.  It involves travel, but that would be the case for any summer race since I'm in Atlanta.  Didn't someone mention that race or is someone running it?  Training would start in 2 weeks so I really need the donuts feedback.  Should I give Hansons beginner plan another go or should I opt for a lower mileage plan?  Help!

I think it was Sprinkles?  Or may Alkalei that mentioned Lehigh.  I say go for it MDawg!  And I think Hanson's beginner would work well for you...it's not like you are just now starting running, ya know?  Plus, the first 5 weeks are all easy running and you don't get to 30 mpw until week 6.  I say DO IT!!  Obviously, you know how to listen to your body and if you start to feel twinges or early signs of injury, you back off and act quickly!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Mdawg and Ami - Akalei mentioned Lehigh Valley and so did I.  It's a mostly downhill course with some trail sections.  I've seen friends of mine do it for the sole purpose of BQing and succeed.   I thought about doing it, but I have heard that it is very tough on your body and I'd like to have more recovery time after my May 19th race.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

I was not feeling well last night, and today I feel sore and tired. So I'm taking a URD. Hopefully, I'll feel better by tomorrow.

Ami, I'm kinda in your situation, and I'm just gonna keep it all easy. I'm planning on running in the high 40s. I figure there'll be enough quality in the program itself, and what I need to have to finish the plan is a good aerobic base. But if you feel you're weak in LT or VO2Max, but strong in base, then maybe you should mix in some tempo runs or speed work. Just some ideas.

Mdawg, go for Hansons Beginners! You can't keep thinking you'll get hurt. Like i said before, now you know the warning signs and how to forestall an injury. As far as races, you're always welcome in Columbus!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)