Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Josh & Cbus - Thanks for the compliments!  I did Higdon Novice I for the marathons I ran in the fall - so averaged between 25-35 mpw, but clearly not breaking down on more.  I ran 35mpw consistently over the winter break, so we'll see.  I'm curious too.  I also hope my body doesn't start to balk at 45+- so far so good.

Indiana- I know at this point which Gels I want to use during actual marathons (Powerade gel in chocolate or margarita), so I don't like to even try to make it through my stash of reject brands that I have at home right now, lest I be stuck with indigestion the rest of the day- also, I' m trying to lose body fat and running without reliance on sugar and carbs seems to help.

Re: McMillan - I just use him as a guideline- I hate the new site though where you have to put in a goal time- my shorter distance times actually all line up perfectly on the calculator, but my marathon was predicted at 3:46, and I ran a 3:56.  My guess is that I'm just not at peak endurance yet.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Trail Monster

Eeek! I'm 4 pages behind so I'll catch up later.

Nice race to OneMile! Have a donut!

Hope I didn't miss any racers this weekend!

I have had a rough week. Worked the 4-midnight shift Wednesday and the 8a-4p shift Thursday. Still managed my 10 mile MLR on Thursday but then worked ALL day on Friday, like 8a-7p. Put off my 5-6 miler until Saturday but then felt awful all day Saturday. Think I had a 24 hour bug. Felt better today but everything is covered in ice so my 12 with 10 at MP became 12 at 11:22 average. Boo! Only 28 miles for the week. I am horribly disappointed by that.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

I hate to "drive by post" I will be back for personals. Wanted to give a quick update. 10 wonderful miles with zero issues from my left foot, not even a tingle!!!!! Felt amazing. Thanks CBus, two consecutive runs with no issues since parallel lacing!

8:45

8:47

8:45

8:32

8:23

8:37

8:28

8:14

7:50

7:39

fastest 10 miles for me ever! Felt great!!!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yes.  I use the 5K McMillan paces for intervals.  Since I have not done tempos in a while (except by HR), I am not sure but I think I would either use a 5K or 10K to base those, yes.

Just for the easy and LR paces right?  The speed paces (tempo, interval) look correct.

I'm using the easy and LR paces from Hansons so I haven't looked at it for a minute.

Damaris

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! My recovery day, so did not nor run this morning as I was dead tired from the weekend. Going to start running with my son 3-4 days a week to get him rdy for soccer next month. A couple miles with him tonite and maybe a couple more solo. Tough 11m LR yesterday. Felt really good 3/4 of run and just ran out of gas last few miles. DW had to work so I did not run in am like I usually do and ran late afternoon. Think that might have been a factor as i don't typical run that long late in the day. I have not had a bad run in training in awhile so i was due for one.Smile Sorry not around much this weekend but seems I missed a lot.

Hope east coasters digging out ok from snow.

onemile - well deserved donut!Smile

cbus - did you get Ronins?

Sprinkles - I think if you gradually increase from 35+mpw to 45mpw using 10% rule you should handle it fine. When I base build I do new mileage for 3 weeks and then cutback 5-8m rinse and repeat.

McMillian - I like to use the training paces and are pretty dead on for me. Easy paces don't seem right and tend to do them on slower end of his range. I think times are dead on for races up to HM, not so much beyond that for me anyway.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

indi - if you can't get out of your comfort zone in training even harder to do in a race IMO. learning  this a lot this cycle with Daniels quality.Smile

Jedi - Plus One and a high five to your comment about running fast to get faster.  I love easy running, but every now and then I need the pain and mental anguish of a hard run.  Its good to get out of that comfort zone.  Aint that right Nachos!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

AmiK -  That hurts just reading that.Smile lol

Cbus:  in July, we are doing a race called the Meltdown, which is a series of 3 5Ks, one at 8 AM, one at 9 AM, and one at 10 AM....I think it's around $25.  Maybe you would feel like you got your money's worth??

Up Next:

???

onemile

Morning guys.

Sprinkles - yes, very impressive what you've been able to do on low mileage!!

Banshee - Ugh sounds like an awful week. I hope this week is better for you.

Rollcast - glad your foot numbness issue seems to be gone and wow, nice paces for the 10 miler!!!

indi and jedi - good points about getting out of your comfort zone and suffering in training. It helps on race day for sure!

I had a really rough 6 miles yesterday - 10:55 pace.  My legs were pretty trashed from my race and it was just wet and slushy out.  8 easy miles planned for tonight... hope they go a little bit better than last night's.

bagopux

Pleased to report that I did 10.5 this weekend with no achilles pain.  So hopefully that short episode is over, although I was running in my 12 mms on a flatter course.

Went ahead and signed up for the Run Raleigh Half as my only spring race.  April 14.

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Easy 7 on the schedule, and I will do them after work. My last Speed workout comes tomorrow: 4X1200, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Roll, glad to hear the foot's waking up. Hope it has to do with the laces. If it comes back, I'd see a doc about it.

Jedi, haven't got the Ronins yet. Now I'm thinking about the new Lunaracer. But I'd have to try that one on first. I dunno, I might just get both, since the Ronin is so darn cheap. But yeah, I'm kinda tearing through my Elixir pretty quickly, so I have to do something soon.

Indi, Jedi, and Onemile, +1 to getting out of one's comfort zone. On a similar note, I'm really loving this Hansons Half plan. And I'm really looking forward to see what gains I get in my spring Half.

Indi, you're gonna love the Hansons plan.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Race table is updated. Docket, I'm jealous you're going to LA!!! One day, I'll do my hometown race, and see my family again. Josh, I didn't see a 5k yet! Wink

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Heh, I have a love hate thing going on with Hansons.  Hate doing the workouts. Love how I feel after I complete them.  It was rough the first few weeks getting used to it but now I'm feeling like it's tough but manageable and I think I'm seeing results, so I can't complain too much.

Just think of how awesome it will feel to complete that last interval Smile  (I still have two left and next week is a repeat of the dreaded 3x1600).

Hey all,

Easy 7 on the schedule, and I will do them after work. My last Speed workout comes tomorrow: 4X1200, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Roll, glad to hear the foot's waking up. Hope it has to do with the laces. If it comes back, I'd see a doc about it.

Jedi, haven't got the Ronins yet. Now I'm thinking about the new Lunaracer. But I'd have to try that one on first. I dunno, I might just get both, since the Ronin is so darn cheap. But yeah, I'm kinda tearing through my Elixir pretty quickly, so I have to do something soon.

Indi, Jedi, and Onemile, +1 to getting out of one's comfort zone. On a similar note, I'm really loving this Hansons Half plan. And I'm really looking forward to see what gains I get in my spring Half.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

cbus - I'm probably going to get me another pair of Ronins since so cheap right now.

Hey all,

Up Next:

???

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Ball of Fury

Happy Monday Donuts!  Just time for a quick hi and update.  We were supposed to do Chest and Back this morning and then run this afternoon, but DS was throwing up at 3 AM and then came to sleep with me after that.  I didn't have the heart to wake him up so I could go work out at 4:30 so we just slept in a bit.  Hopefully, we will at least get our miles in this afternoon.  Hope you are all having a great day!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15