Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Docket: Oh my gosh that is terrifying!  I am so sorry that happened to your father.  Thoughts are with you 100%  - I am super close to my family so I can't even imagine.

Banshee: I feel your pain re: the weather Sad  Have a good run- I'm TM ing it today

Cbus: Thanks- ha choo!

Ami- you used to be a gymnast? that's awesome tha tyou can still do tricks- I think 1.5 rotations are all I can muster on the ice without breaking a body part these days.

Mdawg- happy to hear you like the wave riders- i love mine - and congrats to your DH

Me: 9 - 12 on the treadmill - I give a range because I really don't want to commit to 12 since me and sensory deprivation do not get along well - its so cold I refuse to walk to the gym, so Im using the TM in my building

Funny- yesterday I was reading a magazine on the TM and this other woman comes up to me and is like - we have the same shoes and the same magazine - haha...and then one of the treadmills stopped working - awesome.  She was nice enough to give me hers since her piriformis was acting up.  Always nice to meet another runner in the building.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles:  I could never do 12 on that damn machine so kudos to you for even considering yet!  I was a competitive gymnast until 10-11 and then we just couldn't afford it anymore!  So, I switched to cheerleading was a competitive cheerleader in high school.  Truthfully, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do anything without breaking a few bones but it was fun!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Banshee:  good luck with the run and the weather!

Sprinkles: hope you survive all 12 on the TM.  I find I max out at an hour; I just get too bored.

mdawg:  congrats to your DH!  Glad you enjoy your new WRs! We'll make you a Mizuno convert yet! Smile

AmiK:  Glad you had fun!  Enjoy the rest!

Docket:  That is scary.  Glad your dad is ok!

onemile:  trust the plan on paces.  I read the book and it makes sense to me.  Your recent race extrapolates to a 3:37, so your goal of 3:45 is well within reach.   I'm considering Hansons for my fall race, so I'm glad I can learn vicariously through you and Cbus as you work through their methods.

Cbus: Hi!

Me:  7.3 @ 8:26 this morning.  I started out thinking this would be a recovery-paced run.   But for my first three miles, I had a 20mph head wind, so my ability to perceive pace and effort was totally shot.  But in the end, I landed right in the middle of my easy range, and felt good the entire time (Physically.  The wind is another story).

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

akalei

Hey everyone! Again, it's been a while. It's becoming a recurring theme with me. Just finished 14 with DH and HOLY MOTHER WAS IT COLD!!! Hit a crazy snow squall around 7.5 and the wind really picked up in the last mile. My water bottles in my ifitness belt even started to freeze. Woof. But it's done.

Docket: sorry to hear about your father! Thoughts, prayers, Good vibes, etc. coming your way.

Sprinkles: I hear you on the TM. I'm lucky iIf I can make it 5 miles on that thing.

AmiK: I did the competitive cheerleading "yes it's a sport" in HS too! Smile I often wonder how trying a back handspring would go if i tried.  Kudos to you!

mdawg: awesome time for your DH. Are wave riders for neutral runners? I'm thinking of branching out from brooks.

Jedi: was that you who won the January mileage challenge from the Runner's Sole on FB? I saw that this morning!

My PR's! 5K: 21:54 | 10M: 1:16:55 | HM: 1:43:40 | Full: 3:51:56

2013: BQ or bust!

http://justalongfortherun.blogspot.com

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Just logged in to say hello!  Without an RSS feature to bring the conversation to my device I'm finding it difficult to sit down and log in.  I hope you all are healthy, happy.  Good luck to those in training, dealing with injury, etc.  I have been active with running (mostly treadmill), still aiming for a half in early May.

Take care!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

AmiK - Nice re: Cheerleading!  They wanted me to be a flyer when I was a freshman but I had never done anything of the sort and my mother was terrified, so I didn't do it.   Good thing b/c I grew 4 inches that year!

Akalei- That cold is what drove me indoors - its been freezing all week and I have a cold, so I just wasn't having it.

Flinders- I survive only through mind games and trickery.

Here's how I spent 12 miles on the treadmill:

Miles 1-3: forced sensory deprivation at 6.5mph - no music, no opening any magazines.

Miles 3-7:

Treadmill workout

Miles 7-end

Rusk Runner

Sprinkles - 12 miles on a treadmill is not a PR I want to attempt.  Kudos to you for getting it done.  Must have something to do with being a lawer that keeps your mind from going numbWink.

Flinders - You pushed through well!

Docket - Glad to hear your Dad is okay.  Its a crazy world we live in.

Amik - Back flips?  Are you nuts?

Cbus - Hope your run goes well.

Akalei - Branching out from Brooks?  Is that allowed?

What a day for a run.  I was really looking forward to the LSD.  21.3 miles @ 9:14 avg pace (ran mile 20 around 8:36).  Just felt great through the length of the run with HR  avg @ 75% or so MHRR.  All of the hills felt easy except for the last.  Temps started at 18 deg, and rose to 38 by the time I walked in the door.  I set a mileage PR this week with 61.3 in the bank.  Hopefully the rest of training will feel this good.

DW wants me to help her clean out the van.  Will check in with everyone later.  Think I will have an ale tonight.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Trail Monster

Hey all! Hope everyone else's runs went better than mine!

21 miles @ 11:56 average. I had plenty in the tank and my legs and lungs were fine. However, the weather was shit. Blowing snow, whipping winds, biting cold. My lips cracked and started bleeding, my hands went numb despite extra layers, my snot was freezing on my face, and my face felt like it was on fire from the wind and cold. I was staying right around an 11mm pace until my last 6 miles. Then I just gave up mentally and walked a ton. I totally could have kept running but it was just a battle I didn't want to fight anymore. So glad that's over!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Got in 10 @ 9:01 to give me 47 for the week. Will be back later for personals.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

Woke up to a 20 mph sustained north wind and fresh snow on the ground.  Sat on my couch and stared at my TM for 3 hours or so and drank my coffee, looked at my schedule to see if I could move today's 15 miler, stared at the TM for another hour.  Saw a post of Scott Jurek on Facebook this morning running to the top of a 14000 foot peak in Colorado in snow and a lot of wind.  Finally got dressed and did the suck it up thing and drove to town.  I had 15 miles to get I was okay with not hitting paces today, it was all about survival.  Boy was it windy and "I was in the pool" cold.

So got my 15.1 miles @ 9:27 and 73% HHR.  Totally amazed I did what I did today.  Started with 9:40's and settled into 9:20's when I warmed up and last two miles just under 9:10's.  The snow actually helped gripping the ice.  Felt light on my feet, no pains anywhere.  Not sure what I learned today exactly but I know its something.  So glad I got out there today for a very successful run.  44.1 miles for the week.  Big week coming up.  Off to hop in my hot tub to thaw out

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

15 miles done.  61.5 for the week and I am officially half way done with Hansons.  9 weeks down. 9 to go.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  Your good thoughts and prayers are appreciated.  He has not slept and has barely eaten, but he sounded better today.  He will be fine!

I PR'd on my marathon today.  I was freezing the whole way. I was able to discard the gloves at Mile 20 (20!) and was immediately sorry because my hands were freezing the rest of the way.  I wore long sleeves and black colored (in South Florida, which is a no no), and I was trembling at times.  23mph headwind the whole way and low 40s (feels like 30s) weather.  Awesome day!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go!  I cannot wait to see how you do.  You have sub-4 in the bag, you know that.  I'm going to have to stalk your log to see your paces to guess what your time is going to be because girl, you're breaking records, that's for sure.

15 miles done.  61.5 for the week and I am officially half way done with Hansons.  9 weeks down. 9 to go.

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Mdawg, donuts to your DH--that's an awesome time. And also yeah on your pain free run. Hope it continues.

Docket, donuts! What was your finishing time? There gonna be a RR?

Onemile, you're half way there, and you'll make it I swear!

Sprink, nice miles! I have no idea what those charts mean. Confused

Donuts to all of you who logged miles in crappy weather! Akalei, Flinders,josh, indi, banshee: You guys are awesome, keep it up!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Docket - Nice PR! I hope to see a RR!

Cbus= they're just the treadmill MPH- I am not sure what they mean, but 6.0 means 10:00 and I don't go slower than that.

Ack it is going to be so cold tomorrow but I'm looking forward to running with friends.  I figure I can stay late at work to make up for being kind of late.