Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

Ball of Fury

Thank you for the vote of confidence!  I am NOT planning to lower my goal pace because for once, I want to have a good race with a realistic goal!

Don't worry about it Ami. You'll be able to hit your paces. And you might even find you can do more (though I would discourage you from doing that unless you decided to lower your goal pace). I'm not saying it'll be easy, because they are not. But I know you'll be able to do them.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Thanks guys for the encouragement, but I don't think Obi Wan Kenobi could convince me to race a 5k at this point.

OBK: (Waves his hand across my face) This is the race you are looking for...

Me: no its not.

OBK: yes, it is...

Me: No, it's not.

OBK: (Grows impatient) YES, IT is...

Me: Look old man, I know what you're trying to do, and it just ain't gonna work. Now get your droids and get the f-- off my lawn.

This made me laugh. Even OBK knows the value of a 5K. I am telling you, go just for the people watching.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate 5Ks and 10Ks for that matter, so I won't push Cbus into doing one.

Morning!  sacrum is still a bit out of place but not painful any more.  Planning on doing my 12 tonight except my sotmach and head are horrible today.  I need my vacation to start but I still have one more week prior to it.

Have a nice day!

Damaris

onemile

Doing 5ks isn't about enjoying it. It's about pushing yourself to your limit so you have some numbers to work with to determine your paces for speedwork.  So I will continue to push Cbus into doing one. Because I think he will surprise himself at what he can run in a race situation.   Big grin

I hate 5Ks and 10Ks for that matter, so I won't push Cbus into doing one.

Morning!  sacrum is still a bit out of place but not painful any more.  Planning on doing my 12 tonight except my sotmach and head are horrible today.  I need my vacation to start but I still have one more week prior to it.

Have a nice day!

Where are you going on vacation?

New signatureCool

Smashy!!!

I might be wrong, but isn't signing up for a 5k the same as paying someone to make you throw up?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

New signatureCool

that sig goes with you everywhere on the forums. So don't be surprised if totally random people ask "Who or what the f-- is a Cbus?"

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

If you're lucky you will be able to hold it in.  Wink

I might be wrong, but isn't signing up for a 5k the same as paying someone to make you throw up?

that sig goes with you everyone where on the forums. So don't be surprised if totally random people ask "Who or what the f-- is a Cbus?"

i know, i will change after a day or so. Justa jab at funny(ness)

onemile

Maybe if he linked it to your profile page no one would have to ask.  Surprised

that sig goes with you everywhere on the forums. So don't be surprised if totally random people ask "Who or what the f-- is a Cbus?"

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't run to suffer, so for me going through that much pain and asthma attacks is still not worth it. Joking

Doing 5ks isn't about enjoying it. It's about pushing yourself to your limit so you have some numbers to work with to determine your paces for speedwork.  So I will continue to push Cbus into doing one. Because I think he will surprise himself at what he can run in a race situation.   Big grin

Where are you going on vacation?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And my vacation is to go do the LA Marathon plus a week in California to get my husband to pay for it. Big grin

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And so the legend is born!

Damaris

well since we are on the subject it inspired me to run one. Its been awhile and i am curious as th whether i can PR.

Oakbend Attack on Poverty 5K - April 6. Very few runners so maybe ill get an AG spot worthy of mention.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sucker....  Good luck!

Not sure if I'll do mine since my sacrum is still out of place.  And yes, I twisted it so I didn't have to run a 5K.  Joking

well since we are on the subject it inspired me to run one. Its been awhile and i am curious as th whether i can PR.

Oakbend Attack on Poverty 5K - April 6. Very few runners so maybe ill get an AG spot worthy of mention.

Damaris