Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Rusk Runner

+1000 to what bago said.

47 easy/long miles on the bike today.  Rode a flatter course with a friend and enjoyed it all with the exception of miles of a killer headwind.  Since I cant race the 5K this coming holiday weekend I have decided to join the 21 mile bicycle race.  Not looking to do anything at all but learn what it is like to push myself a bit on the bike.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

8:30 baby! (sorry to speak for you Mdawg Joking Wink

No problem!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 miles done.  The weather was horrible but I'm glad to be back running.

I cannot wait til my training starts.  I was comparing these workouts to the ones exactly the same time last year and there is at least a 30sec/mile difference in all and the weather this year is worse.

Damaris

onemile

Oh please.  I will be SHOCKED if you don't run under 3:55 this fall.

This is becoming a very speedy group. I probably don't belong here anymore, sniff, sniff.

onemile

All any of us can do is put in the training and see what happens.  My first marathon was a 10:15 pace and for this next cycle I'll be aiming for something under 8:15 most likely.  It's hard to say what will happen and that is part of the fun.  Enjoy the process.

Cbus, I'll help you hold down the low end. There are a a few runners here putting. up some good paces. I'm very happy for them. We all run our own races though. We do the best we can with the tools we are given.

Smashy!!!

13 in the books, which gives me 48 for the week. I died during the last 2 or so miles though. But in my defense, I think Garmin was acting funky. At one point, it read 12:00 pace. Even if I was an uphill, I was NOT going that slow. In any case, I was running a bit faster, I think, than Garmin was reading. Any way, week 1 in the books.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have a run and weights tonight.  I caught a slight cold after my stomach virus, bah.  Chest is congested but so far, asthma is whining but not bothering my runs.

It will be interesting to run in 103F (heat index) and 76DP today.  I cannot wait (says no runner ever).

Cbus, great start to your training.  I start next week (not Hudson but still) and I cannot wait!

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Hey guys...I have been such a bad donut and am way behind...sorry!!  It seemed like each time I would have a chance to post, the forum would be down.  Anyway, I am still plugging along with Insanity.  Haven't missed any workouts and am really enjoying it.  Today was fit test #2 and I managed to increase all my numbers at least a little.  My hip has been pretty good....zero pain or discomfort when working out, but does start to ache after sitting for a long period of time.  I am thinking of trying to go for a few runs next week...we will see.  Insanity quote of the day (this one is from me), "I really want to punch Tania in the face right now!"

Sorry I am so behind...I will do better, I promise.

CBus:  Nice mileage....so jealous!

Docket:  Um...that's hot!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

mdawg87

Abs, 6 easy TM miles, and stretching at the gym this morning.  Going to see my sports doc this afternoon to get a once over.  Feeling good, but want to make sure everything feels right to him.  I'm sure something will be tight somewhere and there'll be a little ART or Graston performed.

cbus:  You more than belong in this group.  No more of that talk!  Nice mileage for week 1!

docket:  Hmmm...103, that might even be too much for me...especially with that dewpoint.

AmiK:  Welcome back!  Glad the workouts are going well.  Don't be a stranger.

Indy:  You are killing it on that bike!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

MDawg - BLACKHAWKS BABBBY!!! Oh crap, back to Boston.

Cbus - great start. I am still wanting to make it to the start without a broken bone.

Indi - sounds like the bike was a great choice.

My Mileage dropped a but last week to 33 but still not to shabby for our heat.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ami, hi!  Glad you're going insane with Insanity at least.  Good luck with the runs next week.

mdawg, good luck at the doctor.

Rollcast, morning!

Damaris

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus - You're going to run fine this fall - don't let one marathon haunt you forever.

Ami - Nice job with the insanity program!

Me - Fairfield half this weekend - it was 85 degrees and humid.  I aimed to do 8 miles at marathon pace with 5 off pace, as Pfitz prescribes.  It worked out fine.  The course was hilly but I easily held my pace - it never felt hard to run that pace.  It actually was harder to slow down, and heat was the toughest part of it. My back is aching today so I'm going to get a massage at 3.  Sucks because I wanted to do 90 min of spin, but 45 will have to do.

Splits are below - finish time 1:51:38.  Miles 2-9 are the MP miles.

1 8:48.3 1.00 8:48
                          2 7:54.9 1.00 7:55
                          3 8:25.7 1.00 8:26
                          4 8:12.3 1.00 8:12
                          5 8:16.7 1.00 8:17
                          6 8:13.6 1.00 8:14
                          7 8:25.7 1.00 8:26
                          8 8:25.6 1.00 8:26
                          9 8:27.4 1.00 8:27
                          10 8:33.1 1.00 8:33
                          11 8:21.8 1.00 8:22
                          12 8:59.1 1.00 8:59
                          13 8:37.9 1.00 8:38
                          14 1:56.2 0.27 7:17

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Sprinkles!

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

4 recovery this morning. It was really slow, and felt tougher than yesterday's LR--seriously.

Why is my avatar missing? Can anyone see it?

Great running everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Cbus, after the upgrade and fixes, some avatars might have to be re-uploaded.  Some will come back but you're safer to upload yours again.

Damaris