Sub-4 Marathon Group

December Donuts (Read 569 times)

Trail Monster

Did you take her down with you Damaris? I've never had someone do that in a race. I would be pissed!

everyone else, happy weekend!

its a rest day for me. I'm off to visit family and stuff my face. DH decided he's not going to visit my family this year so I feel less awful about the fact that I only got him a couple small gifts this year. Taking two kids to visit family three hours away while he sleeps in and does whatever he pleases is enough of a present. (And I'm a bitch so I will hold this against home when the kids are terrible and I'm sick of driving tonight.)

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Rusk Runner

Ahhhhh the holiday spirit has begun to visit many of us in one way, shape, or form Wink.  Docket, I would have been pissed also and I would have found her.  Banshee, ........no comment.

5 miles on the belt later today.  14 or 15 tomorrow.  I will decide while on the road.  Merry Running to all, and to all a good night!

Finally figured out how to create a training plan on this site.  Another nice feature that I am glad to have figured out.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

CBus....not PT really. Just a wait and smile game. It's all good, keep on keepin' on. Banshee.....doesn't sound bitchy, sounds like a legit beef IMO. Sprinkles....put up a sign up sheet for the treadmill and have your name in every slot. Maybe TM hog will get the point Smile Indiana....good luck with the 14/15 tomorrow

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Smashy!!!

Hey all, 

Just got back from my run. 4.25 @ 10:32--it was really icy on the roads today. the ITBS peaked out today. The really icy conditions made footing very unstable, which I think contributed. But the Graston, if it's working (and I think it is), is going to be a process for sure. 

Docket, I hope the knee gets better! 

Banshee, stay sane! 

Indi, is there an advantage you can see in setting up the training plan on the site? 

Roll, are you gonna run Houston, then? 

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Cbus - Mainly for my own quick reference and that I can move it to another part of the year should I decide to use the same program again.  That and that all of you can feel free to look at my schedule and log if for some reason you wanted to.  Right now, if you were to look at the calender you would notice that I am just a couple of miles ahead of what I had scheduled.  

I, like you, keep a paper log.  I have already purchased my 2013 log.  I do like all features of Training Center, and Running Ahead.  I like the course mapping with elevation profiles, looking up my work-out logs, having my training schedule, etc... all on this one site.  But I also like having my paper log for back-up.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

mdawg87

Good morning!  The calf rehab continues.  1 hour of stepmill intervals and stretching at the gym this morning.  I'm never there on the weekends so I had no idea it's so crowded at that time.  Glad I wasn't trying to strength train.  I'd never have gotten done.  

Docket:  did she realize what she'd done?  If so, that makes it even worse.  Karma will get her in the end.  Keep us updated on the knee.

Banshee:  i say leave the kids with DH and go visit your family alone.  Although I'm sure they'd be disappointed not to see the little ones.

Indy:  how did the cajun chickens turn out?  They sounded delicious!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

White Lightning

Docket - Sucks, sorry.  My 1st and only 5k I knocked down a lady at the water station, I had no idea what I was doing, but I helped her up, made sure all was good and we both kept going.  I hope yours didn't just run away.  I'm a 100% believer in Karma

Banshee - Enjoy the family visit

Roll - Great to hear your on the upswing

Cbus - Is the pain any different than before the therapy?  Still watching your results.  Mine is tight and aches a bit when i lay in bed at night but still managing.  Just taking a lot of maintenance 

Indi - Now that the world isn't ending, may paper log is going bye bye for 2013.  Still have 4 different places I log though

mdawg - Keep at it

Me - I'm up to my eyeballs in sweets, gingerbread houses, etc.... Might extend my easy run this afternoon to burn off some of those "tasting" calories.  At 10:30 am its still -9F here, blah.

Play the Game Hard!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi all.

Indy:  I kept a paper log for a while, but now I just keep it online, and back up the data every  other month or so.

Docket: Keep us posted on the knee. 

I had a travel day yesterday and didn't run.  11.4 @ 9:54 for me this morning on a trail near my parents' house.  I probably will be somewhat MIA; I probably  won't be spending too much time online over the next week.

Hope all of you dealing with snow and ice stay safe out there.  Josh, I can't fathom trying to run in single-digit temps. 

Good running, all!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

CBus, I have lost to much to run Houston next month. I filled out the deferment form an am gauranteed entry for ye next one. I may also try and get in a smaller venue before then, toward the end of 2013. Itching to get back out though. I am going to see how it feels for a week and then find a race to run, maybe a 5 or 10k, unless there is a decent half coming up. Sorry to hear about the ITBS showing up, maybe it wa just saying goodbye one last time. Mdawg....is that calf turning around yet? DRock....I agree with BandShe

Roll, good luck with the toe injury. I had a motorcycle accident 45 years ago and kicked the rear view mirror off a car, although it was sore I never got it looked at and it has been curved and shorter ever since. Fortunately no pain though.

Docket, the knee injury sounds v. painful, hope you are o.k.

Recipe sounds good Josh, but too much work for me. I waste a lot of time reading books and on internet forums- (fora for you Latin scholars!)

Snow last night, only 5cms but very icy footing and strong winds so possibly I will get in a decent run tomorrow, but that will only be three for the week. Oh well, not like I get paid to do this!

Season's greetings to all!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Smashy!!!

Josh, a few things. 1) the incidence ofITBS is a lot less right now. I was able to go on an 8 miler without any issues. And past two 4 milers were very manageable. 2) the pain is a lot less. Today was not that stop-you-dead type. Just a mild irritation. Also, after runs, I was feeling it in my knees, hips, and lower back. That pain is a lot less. 3) im being serious when I say, the Graston itself hurts, and so sometimes it's hard to tell if it's ITBS or the irritations from the treatment. Part of the therapy is causing inflammation to promote blood flow and natural healing processes, so part of the ITBS can be from that. 4) I've only had one session so far. At this rate, I think I'll be much better after 3-4 treatments. I was really bad. But even after one treatment, I can literally feel the difference in mobility in my ITB insertion point. I can actually move it around a little, whereas before I thought it was bone. So things were tight, and it's gonna take a few treatments as a result.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

White Lightning

Cbus - Good to know.  I'm thinking about doing a few sessions but my insurance doesn't cover it, so just waiting to see if I should fork out the cash or not.  I'm up in the air on sports massage, graston or chiro.  I've ran all week without my strap, but its been all TM running except one day, so hard to tell how its going to be if I ever get outside again

Flinders - Yeah, I can't fathom it either, thank god for the TM.

Me - 5 Easy miles @ 10:40, HR is steadily dropping with these easy runs.  Trying to stay true to my pacing with Hanson's program for my 9:10 goal.  Hopefully get in 8 tomorrow that puts me at 35 and 6 days of running, feeling strong 4 weeks before my cycle <crosses fingers>

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

Evening Donuts...tried to post earlier but the site was down for maintenance! Hope everyone is having a great day!

CBus:  As far as the white pasta...I don't know if DH rinses it or not...I don't cook Wink but I have really never liked pasta.  It's just in the last year or so that I can eat whole wheat noodles.  Sorry your ITBS flared up today...ouch!

Damaris:  Yikes...that sucks!  I am always at a loss when people behave stupidly at a race!

Banshee:  You seriously made me LOL....be sure you keep rubbing that in to your DH!

Jag:  Nice 5 and I hope you enjoy your long run tomorrow!

Roll:  I know you said it's a permanent problem but I hope it improves quickly so you can get back out there!

Dawg:  Nice workout today...hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

Josh:  I again LOLd at the though of you taking someone out...at least you helped her up!  Nice 5 to work off your gingerbread house!

Flinders:  11 on trails...great run!  I really wish we could run trails more often.

Simon:  Good luck with your run tomorrow in icy conditions!

DH and I took the kiddos to the drop in daycare today (love that place) and went to a local trail (paved) to get in our 10 mile GMP run today.  Someone I know suggested we get in a couple flat runs because we are so used to running hills all the time and our marathon is very flat....it was definitely a different feeling.  I felt  like I was always having to remember to propel myself...does that make any sense?  My goal was to run 9:05/mile today but honestly, I just couldn't do it...I felt like I was expended a ton of energy trying to slow down so I just settled on a "comfortable pace," which ended up being 8:40/mile average, with nearly perfect splits.  I had very minor discomfort from the ITB so it was a great run.  However, I KNOW I can't maintain that for 26.2 miles so I have decided to at least line up with the 4 hour pace group and try to stick with them for the first 18-20 miles...otherwise I will go out too fast again!  Anyway, I am planning to run somewhere between 16-18 tomorrow and then the taper starts.  Hope you are all enjoying your holiday weekend...I actually have 2 entire days off work, which is a miracle!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, guys.  She stopped and asked if I was OK and I sent her off with a yes, don't worry.  I really didn't know how bad it was until I tried to run and it was painful.

The swelling has gone down somewhat and DH thinks I can run and that nothing is broken.  The left side of the knee (by the ITB hurts) but it looks like it was the point of impact.  I'll give it a test run tomorrow and report back.  DH said OK to run but that it will be painful for weeks (as the blooded areas close, etc.

Glad to see so many good runs, guys!

Damaris

Thank you for the well wishes, Donuts.

AmiK.....I have had the same symptom of having to insist on continually having to remind myself of my stride and locomotion. It went as fast as it came and only lasted a couple of runs.