Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

mdawg87

Good morning...well Almost afternoon really.  10 TM miles at 9:13 pace.  No outside LR for me today. It's been raining since early this morning with nasty thunderstorms.  I'm definitely not getting out there and getting struck by lightening.

Hope Sprinkles had a great race.  Has anyone heard from her?  I need to check FB.

Roll:  We were going to have pool time today, but no go on that with the rain.  We've had 4-5 inches already since early this morning!

AmiK:  I got injured mid-December.  Like I told Indy, it was about 10 weeks before I started running more than a couple of miles 2 or 3 times a week.  I hope neither of you have that long of a recovery!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Sprinkles finished in 3:55, she said the end was a death march due to the heat Sad.  Heat sucks!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Roll:  We were going to have pool time today, but no go on that with the rain.  We've had 4-5 inches already since early this morning!

That is no rain storm lady, that's a deluge.Joking

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

DetroitTigerFan

Good afternoon !

Sprinkles - congratulations on your race today ! I agree with your comments on the heat 100%

Me - Finished my HM at 1:54:00 today. My goal was 2:01 and I was able to beat it thankfully.  Now I have a benchmark for Pfitz.  Weather was slightly cooler than last year, but it was getting warm near the end - 70 degrees with sun felt like 90 to me.  This was a course PB but not a personal PB (which was set last fall near end of training on a flat/fast course) Race went well and I made some big improvements in the back part of the course - see graph on my blog site - much more smooth with no stopping this year at the back part of the course !  My spring training paid off (interval Tues, Tempo Thur and long run Sat)  and i'm hoping that I also had some help from carryover endurance from Pfitz training last year.  As for the monster hill at mile #8, I decided to run on effort based on your feedback - I did walk the crown of the hill - lost 5-10 seconds there, but strategically knew i wanted to rest a tad for the final push,etc.  I'm pleased with my performance today despite the hundreds of ponytails a-flyin around ! - just more mental practice for October -  lol  Smile

PS - race observations - I also saw a gal in tight neon orange running pants and yellow top - is the lulumon (sp?) line you gals keep talking about ? also, saw a dude running with arm swings going horizontally instead of vertical motion - thought I was going to get hit - lol

Hope everyone is enjoying the day !

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, DTF!

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Congrats Sprinkles and DTF!  Good job both of you!

Got done setting up the water softener in the house and then got out and made all of the adjustments to my bicycle.  Rode 6 miles today to get broke in and I should be able to fit in morning rides of 10 miles before work.  That is going to have to be the base of my cardio work until the injury is healed.  I would like to get a better bike, but I might have to sell a gun to do so, and I do not like parting ways with guns.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Nice race Sprinkles and DTF!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

onemile

Amik - hang in there. I think every other day short runs are best when recovering.  It took me awhile to build up to back to back days again.

Sprinkles - nice job on toughing it out in rough conditions. I have no doubt you would have gone < 3:45 if the weather had been cooler.

DTF - congrats on your half!

Indi - I admire you for getting on bike for some cross training. I would probably be too busy feeling sorry for myself to have time for that :/

mdawg - nice job on the 10 miler.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hey! Thanks for the tracking. Just on my phone now. Totally fine. I wised up at mile 22 and backed off when my pace slipped to 8:50 and I couldn't take gu anymore because I was so trashed from the weather (and they red flagged the course). I figured if I wasn't going to meet my goal I wasn't going to risk the medical tent.

i ended up tossing my shirt but then was like oh shit, by timing chip is on my bib not on my shoe. This was at mile 23.6 ish when i was like done anyway mentally so I didn't care anymore. oh well. My legs are trashed. Gonna go for the sub 3:40 at wineglass.  I'd am really glad I'm healthy. Reading the news reports is really sadwith all the people who were hospitalized. i thought I was just sucking but 86-90 in the sun with no shade: hot.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, Sprinkles.  It was a tough day and you finished like a champ.

6 additional miles tonight.

Damaris

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Sprinkles - Again good luck tomorrow, and you mentioned no dairy - I know to stay away from extra fat to make sure my metabolism isn't slowed down trying to digest all of those carbs, but I usually eat non-fat Greek yogurt for my normal breakfast. So is that just your rule because of stomach issues, or is that some supposedly common knowledge thing that everyone should follow?

Josh - maybe you mentioned it before, but do you manage some campground or resort or something? That is a lot of flowers!

Jedi - nice LR

Indi - not really sure what a wobble slant board is, something you try to balance on to increase core strength? I guess I could Google it

Ami - positive progression, step by step

mdawg - strong tempo-like run

I just got back from pushing my 1yo for 7 miles in the jogging stroller (did the same yesterday too). Hoping to convince my brother to watch him tomorrow during my long run as the wife and 3yo went on a trip to Colorado. Otherwise my LR may not be long, or at least slower than planned.

Re: dairy- it gave me a terrible case of cramps and runners trots at my first ever half, so I avoid it out of sheer paranoia.i don't even know if it was that.

bago- I think I also eat less than most runners. For me, 2000 calories before a marathon is hard work, so I tend to feel abnormally full. I think I could do less next time but focus more on just the 24 hours, not 48 hours before (which is what I used to do before I went to a sports RD to get advice. I normally can't really eat unless I'm legitimately hungry

re: GI issues- the simple explanation of what happened to me on saturday is basically what most women would dread to have happen to them the day before their goal race. Smile ouch and ugh I was up all night feeling like someone was trying to murder me. men are so lucky

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Evening Donuts! Long travel day for me to NC. Ran a easy 10.4m tomorrow and ran a short recovery 3.2m tonite here in NC. Think I will just hit TM rest of the time as neighborhood did not look too safe and got lot of weird looks running. On the plus side got back to 60m this week so happy about that.

indi - rest up that calf. Hope it heals quickly.

Sprinkles - you're a bad-ass in my book running in that crap. Makes me not miss running a marathon this spring. May marathons are tricky with the weather.

Great running everyone.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

bagopux

jedi, where in NC are you?  maybe I can help with places to run.  Also, kinda curious where you ran that you didn't think it looked safe (for future reference).

Question:  Anyone ever run in Chattanooga?  I will be soon and need to put in a few miles. Wondering if there are any good parks or greenways.

thanks

ps - Go Bruins!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

bag - Greensboro. Found this path off of Meadowbrook and area looky sketchy to me.

jedi, where in NC are you?  maybe I can help with places to run.  Also, kinda curious where you ran that you didn't think it looked safe (for future reference).

Question:  Anyone ever run in Chattanooga?  I will be soon and need to put in a few miles. Wondering if there are any good parks or greenways.

thanks

ps - Go Bruins!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 8.4m on the hotel TM for me this morning. Not a good area to run as I said, so TM good enough to get my miles in. Off to breakfast with training at 9am. Nice not to be rushing around in morning and such.

Sprinkles - congrats again on a tough race in horrid conditions. Way to run smart.

Up Next:

???