Sub-4 Marathon Group

May 2013 (Read 58 times)

bagopux

Traded in the Adidas Boost for the Asics Nimbus ... and not just because I like shoes named after magical broomsticks.  Although there's a lot to like about the Adidas, the toe curled upward significantly and the sole was very stiff.  For someone with hallux rigitidis (meaning my big toe doesn't bend upward very well) this was a bad combination.  The first few runs -- shorter runs -- went OK.  Then I did a 12-miler on some hills and my toes started to really feel it.  The Asics is a more traditional shoe with a much less significant toe curl.  Took them out for a couple of miles this morning and they felt good.  My MCM training schedule starts in about two weeks so I really need to get this shoe thing sorted out quickly.

BTW, congrats to everyone who ran this past weekend.  You all killed it out there.  Proud day to be a donut it was.

Sprinkles - Was that post Stream of Consciousness?

Cbus - I get what you mean, but, "I'm determined to smash Cbus in the face!" sounds kind of odd - don't hurt yourslef

PRs: 10k-44:36 (10/12), HM-1:44:55 (4/13), FM-3:41 (10/13)

Smashy!!!

Sprinkles - Was that post Stream of Consciousness?

Cbus - I get what you mean, but, "I'm determined to smash Cbus in the face!" sounds kind of odd - don't hurt yourslef

Oh, that was no typo. I meant exactly what I wrote. Let me reiterate: I'm gonna smash Cbus in the face!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

Sprinkles - It is a little late but, I would like to commend you on your volunteering and performance as a pace leader.  It is an example many of us should try to follow in the future.

Jedi - Eating like a fat-ass once and awhile is not only good for your running longevity; it is good for the soul.

Bago - Hope you get the shoe thing worked out soon enough.  I am really just staying with the same shoe and not experimenting at all at this point.

Watch out for cbus everybody................heeeees baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

Me - 6 easy miles this morning started @ 0330.  Felt good to get out in the early morning again.  PT later this afternoon. Approve

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

White Lightning

Me - 6 easy miles this morning started @ 0330.  Felt good to get out in the early morning again.  PT later this afternoon. Approve

I think my morning and your morning running are two completely different concepts Shocked

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys, I'm alive!  I am in court all day and we got home late yesterday but we had tons of fun.  I posted in FB and my RR is on the B&B and in my blog, if you care, but the summary is that it was 100F (heat index) and 79 dewpoint during the marathon, making the weather be closer to 120F.  It was sunny, it was yucky, and I finished.  I am actually surprised that I didn't have asthma issues.  Not even a PW, 5:36:31, an hour slower than my PR but again, my PR was in 40F and this one was 60F warmer.  Overall, I loved the race and would do it again.  The only thing I ask is that SF be freezing when I get there next month.

I did 3 miles this morning and I have more miles with DH tonight after weights.

Great job to our respective racers (I just read 5 pages and I was so behind, oops).  Great job to everybody!

Damaris

bagopux

Bago - Hope you get the shoe thing worked out soon enough.  I am really just staying with the same shoe and not experimenting at all at this point.

Yeah, it was really part of my plan either but Saucony reconfigured my go-to shoe, so now I've to shop around.

Welcome Back Docket.  100F + humidity?  The only running I would've done would've been into the ocean.  You're one tough bird.

cmb4314

Docket, nice job on the marathon!  That is CRAZY hot weather.

I think my morning and your morning running are two completely different concepts Shocked

LOL.  Me too.  I can't remember the last time I was awake at 3:30 for any reason.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

White Lightning

Docket wow, don't know how you do it.  It was 78F here yesterday and I wanted to jump in the river to cool off my entire run

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

Hey guys. Ended up doing just 6 last night because I got a late start and it was getting dark out.  I'm thinking I'll do 10 tonight.  I am sorta liking not being on a schedule. (but a tiny part of my is looking forward to jumping back into Hansons)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

RR is up. Enjoy!Smile

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Afternoon Donuts!  I tried to run this morning (the weather was perfect!), but after limping down the street, I just turned around and went home.  I definitely think it is the bursitis that is causing the limp, because it's just right at the hip joint that it is stiff and a bit painful.  Anyway, I did Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit (I forgot how hard that workout is!) and then did my stretches and hip strengthening.  I think I may take a  week or two and not even try to run, just do Insanity and my PT stuff.  I actually think Insanity will be good for strengthening my hips and glutes.

CBus:  Nice to see you back!!  When you said smash CBus in the face, it really made my laugh because my boss was running this weekend and he fell (he is not a runner, apparently he was racing a neighbor) and literally smashed his face!  He has road rash on his nose, lip, chin, hands, and knees, and he chipped his perfect chiclet like teeth!!  As far as the Pig, I am definitely up for the half or the marathon relay (which I think takes 4 people), but may not be able to race the half since Carmel is only 3-4 weeks before.  We only live about 15 minutes from downtown Cincy, so not sure we would stay in a hotel?  Although we do love to stay down near the start line of races so it's not out of the question.  However, if you wanted a cheaper option, we live in Northern Kentucky, and there are a lot of affordable hotels there (Florence area) and I would be happy to pick you up on the way down.

Docket:  That is some crazy, crazy heat...even for you!

Onemile:  Nice 6!  I am so looking forward to being able to start the Hanson plan.

Bago:  I hope you continue to like your new shoes.

Simon:  Roll and I had a bit of a 5K challenge and then he straight up kicked my butt!!  I am really hoping to run a couple more this summer because my last 2 have not gone well.

Sprinkles:  Yay for the 5K!!

Jedi:  You mean it's not good to eat McDonald's fries every day?

MDawg:  People at work are always asking me how I stand to get up at 3:30 or 4 AM and it's seriously because I am almost always in bed by 8!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Cbus - smash it then crush it

Ami - no butt kickin' especially since you were injured.

bags - my toe is waaaay better since taking your shoe advice btw.

indi - that was still night time when i was in college

d rocket - did you see any people pass out from heat stroke?

cmb - how is swimming treating you?

Onemile - i am in the same boat about not having a schedule. I bought a brooks/hanson running hat for the summer amd now I am getting the fever to start the cycle

jedi - congrats again

Me - its officially official since they have my $125. I am registered for 2014 Houston Chevron Marathon 1/19/14. Its on my brides birthday but, i was granted clearance before registering. Stayed up way too late watching the same hockey MDAWG was.....the Kings and the Blues both could be a problem for my Blackhawks.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Not good carbs AmiK.Smile I felt like crap after I ate them though.

Jedi:  You mean it's not good to eat McDonald's fries every day?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Ball of Fury

Not good carbs AmiK.Smile I felt like crap after I ate them though.

Don't you hate that?  I also hate it when I decide to have a "cheat meal" and it turns out to not be very good...seems like such a waste!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15