Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

White Lightning

Afternoon everyone.  Quads a bit sore after yesterday's tempo so had a very easy 5 recovery miles at 10:58 and 60% HHR.  Cold again and they are calling for 8 inches tonight.  When will it end....

Amik - I'd want to start with people running my speed

Play the Game Hard!

Smashy!!!

Ami, the only question I would have is: if you were slated for Corral A, will there be someone guarding Corral C who would not let you in? When I ran the Pitt half, there was a guard. He kept people in slower Corrals out, but I'm not sure what his instructions were for people with faster Corrals.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

They allow you to move back, but not forward so shouldn't be a problem!

Ami, the only question I would have is: if you were slated for Corral A, will there be someone guarding Corral C who would not let you in? When I ran the Pitt half, there was a guard. He kept people in slower Corrals out, but I'm not sure what his instructions were for people with faster Corrals.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Banshee! You're not one of those bloggers - you have a legitimate running blog and aren't some undernourished overgrown teenager flitzing from one free boutique workout to the next!!!

Cbus Might mean you're overtrained- might also just mean you're tired.  I felt fine not moving at all for a week after the marathon - it was pretty damn glorious to be honest.

Docket Coughing is the worst - there was a cat at the vet before my dog went in and I broke out in hives and spent the morning wheezing! I hate allergies!

QOTD: Warmups - I have never done a warmup- I probably should for shorter races, but I'm usually there too late to do anything much.

Me: 6 miles at lunch today, today was suposed to be 12 with an SRD tomorrow- going to do 6 today, 6 tomorrow and continue with the plan, but cut the Sunday LR so I can start a little of a taper for the NYC Half.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Nachos: This quote from Simon is why I find them annoying...

SimonR

Those women  do sound annoying, Sprinkles. Probably more focused on drawing attention to themselves more than on running, you will be doing everyone a favour by beating them! There is a male equivalent, by the way, young guys with reflecting sunglasses, baseball caps on backwards, and weird tattoos. They talk loudly and run slowly, love beating those guys!

...women worked hard to get acknowledgement in the sport of distance running and recognized as real athletes...and here are these women turning it into something all about them.  Also, they dole out a LOT of judgment on their blogs and have a negative influence on young women (promoting eating disorders or at the very least, a very strange relationship with their bodies).  Furthermore, they bandit races and brag about it (at least some of them do) and get away with it.  Idk, not my cup of tea.  At the end of the day it doesn' tbother me - I don't read that stuff anymore because I realized how many of these bloggers aren't responsible and aren't real athletes.  I'd rather read someone like Banshee's blog or Lauren Fleshman's blog or something any day.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Hi everyone.

QOTD: I warm for races if I have time and if there is space.  But for most of the shorter races I do, I live within 3 miles of some of the commonly used courses, so I just run to the start line as a warmup.  Otherwise I'll so some strides or drills to get the kinks out before the start.  Probably wouldn't warm up for a full, and haven't ever yet done so for a half or 10M.  I might try it, though.

Ami: perhaps just slide back to B if you are worried about going out too fast.

Cbus: Enjoy the time off.  Perhaps go for an easy run without a watch -- so that there is no internal pressure about pace or time -- just to get outside and see if that helps.

We were forecast to have a disgustingly heavy snowstorm today, but it ended up being a shade too warm, so we mostly got high 30s and heavy rain today with gusty winds.  I went out this afternoon for a short run, but the gusts (up to 40mph or so) had died down, and the rain had slackened to desultory, so I ended up meandering around my neighborhood for just over an hour, even through the rain and wind had picked up again near the end of the run.  I was cold and sodden when I finished up, but glad I got myself out the door.  Ended up being 7.2 easy @ 8:58.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Smashy!!!

Then I don't see a problem. Unless they correct the error later and put you in a slower corral. But I guess you could cross that bridge if you ever cross it.

They allow you to move back, but not forward so shouldn't be a problem!

Ball of Fury

Lol...that was my biggest concern!  If I either don't make sub 48 or I make it and don't submit (deadline for submission is Monday the 11th), what if they realize its a mistake and bump me back to preferred!

Then I don't see a problem. Unless they correct the error later and put you in a slower corral. But I guess you could cross that bridge if you ever cross it.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Smashy!!!

If you're worried about it, I'd just submit the sub 48 when you get it.

Lol...that was my biggest concern!  If I either don't make sub 48 or I make it and don't submit (deadline for submission is Monday the 11th), what if they realize its a mistake and bump me back to preferred!

Smashy!!!

Sprink, you're probably right about me being just plumb tired. Hopefully I'll get my mojo back. And oh yeah, I totally respect your criticism of the those particular bloggers. You know your orders: smash them.

Flinders, running with a Garmin is not a problem with me. Meaning, I don't feel more relaxed without it. But I take what you are saying otherwise. Maybe a few days of easy miles will do the trick, once I get the desire to run again. I've emailed a friend of mine who is a 3hr marathoner. She said she'll give me some advice once she sees my log.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good luck, AmiK!

Sprinkles, I hate that.

Well, the coughing all day should've been a warning.  Very bad run; barely made 11:45mm and wanted to quit.  Could not breathe for the life of me.  Yesterday I ran double the miles 1mm faster.  I hate asthma.

Damaris

onemile

Legs felt pretty tired tonight so I just ran my 6 easy and didn't do any extra.  I have a 15 w/ 9 at MP tomorrow that I need my legs for. Smile

Sprinkles- this type of person usually lacks morals and self esteem, and struggle with basics such as compound words and tend to remain obtuse. Don't drag your mental energy down by paying attention to the side shows.

Me - total of 6.5 miles. average pace of 8:39 with 9x200s mixed in at a 6:30 pace with a couple closer to a 6:00 pace.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Rusk Runner

Took a URD Tuesday (life and job stress) and for once in my life decided that I wouldnt even try to make up for it later in the week.  Got the scheduled 11 miles done on the hills last night at 9:10 avg pace.  Nice run. Snow on the gound and a lot of deer moving. My left ankle is a little wonky this morning but today is an SRD so I will just take it easy.

Nice running going on in here!

QOTD-I will warm up for anything less than a half.  I will bounce around a little bit before a half.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! Easy 4+ miles this morning. Legs feeling good. Snow all melted here now, so i got all worked up over nothing, but conditions here were bad yesterday morning. Kinda just tired of bad race day weather. Sorry for the rant yesterday.

AmiK - I would not worry about going out too fast as it's a 10k anyway, right?Smile

indi - way to go on the URD and listening to body. Missed run is a missed run.

Sprinkles - social media a bad thing sometimes with running. Sorry you are dealing with that.

onemile - nice easy 6

cbus - glad you're doing better

Roll - nice speedy 200s

josh - recovery runs important too.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???