Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Ball of Fury

Nice 4!  We are supposed to have 40s-50s Saturday so I hope you have good weather too!  The race Sat is a 10K but the race with the seeding I am obsessing about I my goal HM in May!

Morning Donuts! Easy 4+ miles this morning. Legs feeling good. Snow all melted here now, so i got all worked up over nothing, but conditions here were bad yesterday morning. Kinda just tired of bad race day weather. Sorry for the rant yesterday.

AmiK - I would not worry about going out too fast as it's a 10k anyway, right?Smile

indi - way to go on the URD and listening to body. Missed run is a missed run.

Sprinkles - social media a bad thing sometimes with running. Sorry you are dealing with that.

onemile - nice easy 6

cbus - glad you're doing better

Roll - nice speedy 200s

josh - recovery runs important too.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Ok, I thought it was the 10k. I usually am conservative with pace first couple of miles in a HM anyway, so slower corral probably way to go.

Nice 4!  We are supposed to have 40s-50s Saturday so I hope you have good weather too!  The race Sat is a 10K but the race with the seeding I am obsessing about I my goal HM in May!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

onemile

Roll - nice 6.5 and fast pace for the 200s!

Indi - nice on the 11 and hope the ankle thing is nothing.  I love seeing deer on my runs.  Sadly, I don't get to see them often in the winter because my trail is covered in snow so I'm stuck running on the roads.

Jedi - Taper madness!!  I'm guessing everything will be nice and clear for race day.

15 with 9 at MP on my schedule for tonight.

Ball of Fury

I think so too!  And for the record, I have the insane ability to go out too fast in races of any distance!  The fastest to miles I have ever run were the first 2 miles of my first 10K!

Ok, I thought it was the 10k. I usually am conservative with pace first couple of miles in a HM anyway, so slower corral probably way to go.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA last night but after my horrible 6 miler (asthma full), DH wanted to watch a movie so we spent time doing that.  I woke up and went to PT where I found out I lost my credit card yesterday at lunch.  Bah.  I hate to go through all that trouble!  10-13 miles tonight.

Hope everybody has a great day.  I'll be back in a few hours.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Don't we all....

No matter how much I try not to, I tend to start out too fast.

I think so too!  And for the record, I have the insane ability to go out too fast in races of any distance!  The fastest to miles I have ever run were the first 2 miles of my first 10K!

Damaris

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Another day of rest today. Still waiting to hear from my friend about training suggestions. But I think I'm getting closer to going for a run. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day in Columbus, so I might go for a short 4 tomorrow.

Regarding going out too fast: strangely, in most of my races (HMs), I'm usually too slow. It takes me a few miles to get it going. That's why this time I want to do a bit of a warm up.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

yeah, snow was basically melted on roads by 2pm yesterday. Clear sailing this am on my run.

Roll - nice 6.5 and fast pace for the 200s!

Indi - nice on the 11 and hope the ankle thing is nothing.  I love seeing deer on my runs.  Sadly, I don't get to see them often in the winter because my trail is covered in snow so I'm stuck running on the roads.

Jedi - Taper madness!!  I'm guessing everything will be nice and clear for race day.

15 with 9 at MP on my schedule for tonight.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

I think some race distances it is OK to go out too fast like a 5k. i read an article that for a 5k you should run first mile 6% faster than goal pace and settle in for last 2 miles. I think is aw it on Running Times and will try to find it to post here. My last HM I was about 5sec slower first mile or so and on pace rest of race. probably my best paced race to date.

Up Next:

???

mdawg87

Good morning!  6ish TM miles and stretching this morning at they gym.  Sports doc appointment tonight.  Hoping for some more improvement in my "tests".  The hop on one leg thing exposes any issue.  DH signed up for the Publix HM on March 17th.  I ran it last year.  Hilly as per the norm, but not as bad as the one he ran a few weeks ago.  He's hoping for a sub 1:40.

Jedi:  Glad your conditions are back to normal.  No worries about yesterday.  We all experience taper madness.

Sprinkles:  I can't get the phrase "you are not a super speshul snowflake" out of my head.  I have laughed about it every day this week.

cbus:  That rest is doing you more good than you know.  I bet the nice weather tomorrow will tempt you to get out the door though.

Docket:  Bummer on the bad asthma day.  Hope you feel better today.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

mdawg, thanks.  I feel much better today but you never know until I start running.

Cbus, you'll know when you're ready.  If you decide to run tomorrow, enjoy the run!

Damaris

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Cbus: Yes, sir. Smashing in order.

Docket: So annoying, right? I don't know why I can't look away either.

Jedi: I hate social media in one way...I just like it to keep in touch.  There is so much noise pollution though!

Josh: Nice recovery

Roll: very true- especially the bandit...very good runner who constantly rags on others in a public forum - sign of issues.

Me: Totally curled back up in bed with puppy this morning.  I figure I'll run after work today or in the afternoon, since I didn't bother washing my hair this morning...probably in the afternoon Smile

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

FB gets out of hand sometimes especially when election time rolls around. My feed was ugly last Nov.Smile I like FB in the fact that i re-connected with some navy buddies a few yrs back I had not seen in 15yrs and got a reunion to meet-up going as result.

Jedi: I hate social media in one way...I just like it to keep in touch.  There is so much noise pollution though! 

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

jedi - have you tried the 'together we served' website?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

does runningahead have a facebook page?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27