Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

onemile

Cbus - yay, glad you are feeling better.   I think you'll approve of my tempo tonight. Maybe?

Simon - I hear you on the lack of motivation this time of year...if I wasn't marathon training I don't know if I could force myself out when it gets icky out.

Jedi - enjoy the easy runs while they last!

cbus - glad you are feeling better. I think you'll approve of my tempo tonight (fingers crossed!)

My legs felt stronger than they have in the past for my MP run tonight.  And I was loving the light. Thank you DST!

Smashy!!!

After a post like that, I had to stalk your log. I approve. I very approve. Awesome to hear you're getting stronger and stronger. I think you're gonna smash your race.

Cbus - yay, glad you are feeling better.   I think you'll approve of my tempo tonight. Maybe?

Simon - I hear you on the lack of motivation this time of year...if I wasn't marathon training I don't know if I could force myself out when it gets icky out.

Jedi - enjoy the easy runs while they last!

cbus - glad you are feeling better. I think you'll approve of my tempo tonight (fingers crossed!)

My legs felt stronger than they have in the past for my MP run tonight.  And I was loving the light. Thank you DST!

Flinders, you are a wealth of info. Thanks for filling out the rest of the meaning of Chinook. Smash your race!

Josh, love your diagram. We should make tshirts of it.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Did any of you see this runners world article today :

http://www.runnersworld.com/nutrition-runners/how-eat-during-long-runs?cm_mmc=NL-Nutrition-_-1229288-_-03142013-_-How-to-Fuel-During-Long-Runs

I think the fueling picture is funny - can you imagine running like that ?

Smile

Josh-could you imagine pinning dates to you shorts like that.Cool

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Yay! :dancing banana:

I tried to control my urge to make sure all my splits were safely under 8:30 Joking

After a post like that, I had to stalk your log. I approve. I very approve. Awesome to hear you're getting stronger and stronger. I think you're gonna smash your race.

Yay! :dancing banana:

I tried to control my urge to make sure all my splits were safely under 8:30 Joking

Awesome run One! 15 with 9 at 8:30 AND your legs felt strong. Nice!

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I sure hope so because I didn't travel cross country to run in the same weather as Miami.  Having said that, you have absolutely no humidity, so I love this weather 100 times!

Nick - I brought it back for you, bro!  Smile

Docket - Welcome to SoCal.  Smile  Some great weather we've had down here the past two days (and today).  I think it's supposed to cool off a tad by the weekend.

Ami/Josh - Nice training runs.

Indy - Those are some fast 1600's.  Nice job and can't wait to see you kill it come race day.

Rode 30 miles on the exercise bike each of the past two days.  Starting to enjoy it a bit, though I'd prefer to be getting in my workouts outdoors.  I'm going to start squirreling money away so I can pick up a decent road bike for the summer.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great run, Jenny!

Damaris

Ball of Fury

Morning Donuts!  Went to PT yesterday and it went well....I actually have a couple bruises from the Graston!  He said it was much worse than it had been a couple weeks ago, but when I woke up today, my leg felt much better.  I did not feel like getting up to run this morning, so I will be doing my easy 6-miles this evening....in daylight!!!

Flinders and Docket:  Good luck this weekend!!

Onemile:  Nice tempo!  You are gonna kill it at Carmel!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Thanks guys!  It was nice to have a good once since I usually dread these runs. 15 mid-week is ugh.

7 easy on my schedule for tonight.  I actually don't feel too bad this morning.

Amik - glad you're feeling better this morning and that your chiro got a little more aggressive!  

Ball of Fury

I still couldn't convince him to make it really hurt though!

onemile

My guy has no problem with that. I think he finds it entertaining.  Evil

He always says 'I'm sorry! I think it hurts me more than it hurts you!' and then he laughs.

I still couldn't convince him to make it really hurt though!

Ball of Fury

I kept telling him not to be a wuss!

onemile

That's funny. I think the guy I saw for ART was afraid to hurt me. Which didn't do me any good. I just wanted him to fix the problem. I didn't care if it hurt!!

I kept telling him not to be a wuss!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 10m flowing like the river. Good luck to anyone racing this weekend!

Nice run Jenny!

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Onemile - nice run and glad to see your confidence level where it should be.

So my goal race is the 4th running of the Southern Indiana Classic.  Last year it finished just over 200 some marathon finishers. Tthis year they say that there will be runners from Kenya, Mexico, Japan, and 31 states.  I guess there may be some growth for this race.

I have little to no soreness in my left leg today.  Maybe throwing in the extra 1K interval Wednesday pushed it out of me.  11 miles easy on the schedule for the day.  I think I will get some errands run and then go for my run when it is a tad warmer out.  Plan is to run the hills today.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!