Sub-4 Marathon Group

March 2013 (Read 56 times)

Me- Total horror re: race photos today - how was my face so pink!  Oh, and why is "below" the best shot, huh?  I'd like to at least not look like I weigh 30 lbs more than I really do in some of these.  oh well.  It's cold here today.  I'm hobbling around a bit so I keep taking short walks to get more water.  Spin tonight- going to be taking it a bit easier on that bike today.

where are these pics you speak of?

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

Josh:  Congrats on the BMI!!  And I am so with you on the weather, and you have it worse than we do!  I would love to move to CA...perfect running weather, but it's $$$$

I'm thinking about northern CA.  I'm single and everything I own fits into my car so I could do it pretty cheap.  Lots of high end restaurants for me to work in up there and so close to the mountains.  Nice workout

Simon - 37 miles, wow

Did my Plyo and was the first time I've ever made it through the whole routine doing all reps and everything the hard way.  Love that workout.

Play the Game Hard!

onemile

Amik - super paces for the strength intervals! nice!  We are getting that same wind tomorrow and I'll likely end up at the indoor track.  Ugh.

Cbus - how are you feeling?

Josh - congrats on reaching a healthy BMI!  Very cool.

Sprinkles - I always hate my race photos and just cringe when I see them.  They know just how to capture us at our worst.

Got my 6 easy done.  Once I warmed up I was cruising around 9:15 which for the day after my 18 miler, I was pretty darn happy with.

Dreamn

Thanks for the congrats everyone.  SRD - travel day back home for me.

Mdawg, Shamrock is a nice race, the course is fast and flat, but soooo BORING. The entire time I was wishing that I was a headphones type of runner because I was that bored.

Smashy!!!

Onemile, im feeling a lot better. That inner death feeling is gone. The main issue now is just recoverying structurally. The easy runs feel easy again, and tomorrow is my first quality run in two weeks. I do think I have to be careful from here to the race, though. So if I have to turn a quality day into an easy day and/or take an URD, I'll do it.

Regarding pictures, I don't know what y'all's problem is. I always look super fly in my race photos. Always.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Me lookin' super pink...this is actually the least pink but the only one where my head isn't behind a giant "PROOF" symbol.  I cut out the guy behind me because he looked really unhappy to be there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great picture, Sprinkles!

I am home!

Damaris

Rusk Runner

Docket - Welcome Home!

Josh - You seem to have it all in perspective.

Sprinkles - The photo looks good to me.

Another URD for me today.  DW's grandma passed away last night so running is the last thing to worry about.  Calf still needs rest anyhow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Ball of Fury

I'm sorry to hear about DW's grandmother Indy!  Prayers for you and your family!

Docket - Welcome Home!

Josh - You seem to have it all in perspective.

Sprinkles - The photo looks good to me.

Another URD for me today.  DW's grandma passed away last night so running is the last thing to worry about.  Calf still needs rest anyhow.

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning Donuts! 11m for me this am with w/u and c/d to/from gym. 6.6m on mill in 47min with 6x5min@I w/3min rec. 6:30ish pace for intervals. Legs felt good considering I have not done any intervals in about 2 weeks due to race.

Sprinkles - nice pic

Simon - I wish I needed a 3:55.Smile Definitely considering taking shot at a BQ this year but depends how Frederick goes.

Dreamn - nice job at Shamrock.

indi - sorry about your grandma

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Indi - i am sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you.

I was getting on here to brag about doing an "indi" run before the sun came up. 5 fast Miles. Maybe thatll cheer you up a bit knowing someone named a run after you. Smile

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

onemile

Cbus- glad you are feeling better

Sprinkles - you look great in both of those photos so I don't know what you're complaining about!

D - Welcome home

Indi - sorry to hear about DW's grandmother

Jedi - nice pace on the intervals!

I have 11 with 2x3 miles at MP-10, 1 mile recovery on schedule for tonight. The forecast says 23-24 mph wind so this will likely be at the indoor track.  I wanted to do this one outside but um... hell no.

mdawg87

Hey y'all!  Another 7ish TM miles at 9:40 pace and stretching at the gym this morning.  Strength training tonight.  DH is in FL for the week.  I got my normal outdoor dining in the great weather call last night.  I'm sure I'll hear all about the morning run in shorts and warm temps tonight.

Indi:  Thinking of you and your family.

Sprinkles:  I think you look fine.  Much better than me.  Mine are absolutely horrid.  I've never purchased any of them.

Josh:  What do you think is making the biggest impact for you on the Fitzgerald plan?

onemile/jedi/roll:  Nice strong runs.

cbus:  Good to hear you're on the mend.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Morning all,

Got a strength workout today--I think it's 1.5 mi. intervals with 800 rest, but I'll have to check. It's gonna be a windy one.

Indi, sorry to hear about your grandma.

Happy running all!

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

The Big Board is updated. If you want your results posted, then please remember to post them on that thread. Also, if you want it to show as a PR then please note that it is in your post. If you have a January result, then also post them.

On a related note, I registered for the Columbus Marathon today. Woo hoo!!! Right now, my goal is simply sub-4. I just want to put in a plug for the Columbus Marathon. If you're in the midwest area and need a fall race, Cbus is an awesome one. The course is fast and flat (not Chicago flat, but flat enough), the weather is usually spot on, and the support is wonderful.