Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

White Lightning

onemile - hope your track workout went well

banshee - 99% of the time I'm always glad I sucked it up and went out, even the sucky runs that feel bad the whole way

Docket - Nice miles

Indi/Flinders/Dream/Roll - Nice runs

DTF - I run linux so I have to manually upload my files.  Takes a few seconds to type in any extra info i'd like to add.

Me - Another great day for running, 25F, felt awesome with the sun out and no wind.  My 5 easy turned to 6 easy @ 10:32, MHR only 74%.

Play the Game Hard!

Strider24

Run Strider Run!

Happy new year!

Hit the gym treadmill with hundreds of one-week resolution people.  It's tough having to start over, but I'm on the path.  Got in 5 at 9:57 today, going for 20 mpw until I establish a formal training plan for my May race.

Back to work tomorrow, yipee!

PR:  47:52 (10K), 1:48:17 (HM), 4:01:42 (FM)

Hi all! I just reread the intro thread and got to know a bunch of you much better- I recommend it.

Started the year with a 10k fartlek at 18 degrees F in bright sun- felt light and strong, really enjoyed myself.

Good runs everyone!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

mdawg87

Afternoon y'all!  1 hour of stepmill intervals at the gym this morning.  Ate a Clif bar in the car as I met my trainer for some strength training Immediately after.  DH and I saw The Hobbit this afternoon.  I loved The Lord of the Rings trilogy and liked this one too.

Nice runs everyone.  I will attempt my first few miles after three weeks off on Monday.

Indy:  I wasn't sure how we'd come out of the tunnel attitude wise.  However, I did think that if we won, it would be by two scores with us pulling away late in the game.  I knew Nebraska would be motivated after the bad championship game loss.  They played well.

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Happy New Year Donuts!  I am happy to say my first run of 2013 was fantastic!  I did 8 @ 9:29/mile and before you guys yell at me for running too fast (especially you CBUS!), it was a super, super easy run.  Seriously, it was just one of those days where you feel like you are giving very little effort.  My splits were within 3-4 seconds of one another for every mile and the effort was very even.  I even sang out loud a few times (surely people thought I was nuts) to be sure I was breathing easily...and I was!  No ITB trouble or ankle pain either (still going to see the chiro tomorrow though).  So, at least for today, my taper madness is satisfied and I feel better about things.  We are getting ready for dinner and a couple glasses of red (last booze before the marathon!!), so no time for personals, but do have a quick question for the ladies (at least I hope only ladies would be able to say yes to this one!).  Do any of you have a Sparkle Skirt?  If so, do you like it?  I have never run in a skirt but am considering a quick purchase before the marathon (obviously would have to try it out on a couple runs).  I typically like to race in capris because I like the compression, but the forecast is looking a bit warm.  I thought maybe the skirt was a good compromise bc it has compression shorts built in?  Any opinions welcome.  I hope everyone is having a great New Year!!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

AmiK- I hear a lot of people like the sparkle skirt to wear.  Personally I like passing people in them.  I play games in which I catch up with and pass people in certain outfits or colors or shoes (vibrams).

Happy New Year to all.  I did a four mile run in Central Park last night with a friend who was getting his last 9+1 race for NYCM.  DH came along and struggled a but but finished it. I did two 90 minute rides at soul cycle the last two days.

still debating whether I am ready for Pfitz.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Ball of Fury

AmiK- I hear a lot of people like the sparkle skirt to wear.  Personally I like passing people in them.  I play games in which I catch up with and pass people in certain outfits or colors or shoes (vibrams).

Happy New Year to all.  I did a four mile run in Central Park last night with a friend who was getting his last 9+1 race for NYCM.  DH came along and struggled a but but finished it. I did two 90 minute rides at soul cycle the last two days.

still debating whether I am ready for Pfitz.

Sprinkles:  I always make my goal to pass the super annoying women who can get away with wearing just a sports bra and shorts/pants because they have good abs! (sorry if you are one of them).  2 children plus a 70 lb weight loss leaves me with extra skin that just shouldn't see the light of day, no matter how skinny I am!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

onemile

Flinders - nice job on the 5.6!

Two-foot- sounds like a good LT workout.

Dreamn - 10 is my favorite distance. Great way to start the year Smile

DTF - it's a 440 meter indoor track around the city's olympic speed skating ice rink.  A very cool option to have when it's icy or snowy out.

Indiana - sounds like you made the right call. It's not worth it to risk injuring yourself in bad conditions.

Cbus - hehe.  Graston for me on Thursday.  My calves are pretty much fixed so it's not really that painful anymore.  Chuck Norris would laugh at it. :P

Josh - sounds like a great run!  Love getting some sun on the weekend.

Strider - nice job on the TM run. I find them so mentally challenging.

Simon - 18 is pretty chilly - way to get it done!

Amik - glad your run went well and the ITB is behaving for you!!!  I don't have any skirt advice...I only wear shorts!

Sprinkles - What kind of mileage have you been running?

Track workout went well.  Averaged 7:17 for the 600s and ended up with 9 miles total at an overall average pace of 8:30.  Happy with that as I haven't done any faster running in a while and I was wondering if I still could!

Canuck

Happy New Year all. I'll be running an easy 6 later.

DTF - I just upload directly from my Garmin (I have a 610). Are you not able to do that - there is the 'upload from GPS option'? Or are you trying to upload old runs from Garmin Connect. There is a shortcut for that - pm Eric (site admin) and he'll send you the link.

PRs: 47:54 (10K); 1:46:36 (HM); 3:50:52 (FM)

Recovering from injured knee (PCL/Lateral Meniscus)

Docket_Rocket

Flinders, nice run.

Two-Foot, which Pfitz are you doing?  I loved the 18/70.  I'm actually doing something like that this time around (although I'm doing marathons every month so it's more like doing some of his workouts.

joshlynn, nice run.

Dreamn, sounds like a great run to start the year!

DTF, are you talking about prior workouts uploaded somewhere else or the new workouts?  If new, I go to Training Log, press Load GPS data and press Upload.  The workout gets uploaded to the RA Log (you would need to personalize it a bit).

Rollcast, I noticed!  Nice run.

indiana, sorry about your canceled run.

Cbus, you're the only person this excited about Graston!

Strider, sounds like a plan.

SimonR, sounds like a great start to the year.  I'm very jealous of all y'all weather.

mdawg, I loved the Hobbit.  It was like being back at LOTR.  I cannot wait until the next one comes out.

AmiK, I can yell at you more.  I think Cbus' point is not that the runs won't feel easy (I can run at 9:45mm and still feel easy) but that the purpose of the run won't be achieved if you run too fast for what you're supposed to.  Either that or you have not raced well before and you're faster than we think.  BTW, I wear a bra and shorts (I actually did today it was that humid) most of the year and I don't have killer abs.  But when it's 100F and a gazillion humidity, you have to do what you have to do.

Sprinkles, running in CP sounds great.

onemile, nice workout!  I am halfway through the Hanson's book right now.  I am not sure whether I will use their training plans yet but the book is really interesting.

zoekat, enjoy your run later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Rusk Runner

Onemile - I had originally wanted to run Carmel this year but I ended up picking a race much closer to home.  Write a good RR after you finish.  Maybe I will run it one year.  I have a strange feeling I may end up running the Monumental in the Fall.

Sprinkles - FWIW, without looking ar your training log, I think you can handle Pfitz or you can modify it somewhat to meet your needs.  You will probably (emphasize probably) need to cut back on some of your cross training.  There are just those weeks when all the running can just square tucker a feller (or gal) out.  If I know one thing, you definately have the drive to complete the program.

Cbus - Hoppin John is a southern tradition blackeyed peas dish.  Mom used to throw a coin in the pot also.  Good fortune if you get the coin.    If i was home with the folks, I would be eating blackeyed peas and cornbread today.  I would be breaking my diet and gnawing on a ham hock also.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Nice runs, all!

Indy: No, I discovered this morning I was out of corn meal.  I made a whole wheat pain de campagne instead -- a basic French-style boule of flour, salt, sourdough starter and water.

Cbus: Hoppin' John is a traditional New Year's dish in the South.  Black eyed peas and rice.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

DetroitTigerFan

zoe and docket - re: GPS upload - i have to laugh - i saw that the note that said the website only supports uploading Forerunner products. I assumed this was for the 610 and up only.  LOL - i totally forgot that my old 305 was a forerunner series as well Smile   So, i just tried it and it works great.  I still need to decide if to make it public. I'd like to so i can share my data but am chicken about how much detail can be seen. Docket - have you imported any of the graphs to your blog site? I see it is an option but haven't tried it yet on mine,etc...

PB's     10K 47:15 (9/13)     HM 1:45 (9/13)     M 3:57 (10/13)

Running Blog   http://davesdigitaldestinations.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Ooh, I have not done that.  I'll try something later.

zoe and docket - re: GPS upload - i have to laugh - i saw that the note that said the website only supports uploading Forerunner products. I assumed this was for the 610 and up only.  LOL - i totally forgot that my old 305 was a forerunner series as well Smile   So, i just tried it and it works great.  I still need to decide if to make it public. I'd like to so i can share my data but am chicken about how much detail can be seen. Docket - have you imported any of the graphs to your blog site? I see it is an option but haven't tried it yet on mine,etc...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Smashy!!!

Docket, that yippee was sarcastic. I think the only person who looks forward to Graston is Chuck Norris.

Ami, why would I yell at you? You're tapering right? So it doesn't really matter what you do now. Just don't get hurt.

Josh, saw the pic thread you started. Great call! It'll be cool if everyone posted some running/race pics, so that I can put names to faces.

Flinders and Indi, that dish sounds good!

AP, I just read your bio. Where in So Cal are you? I grew up in the Ventura county.

Re sparkle skirts, Ami, back when we were on RWOL, we had this discussion about clothing items that peeve us. I mentioned trash talking t-shirts, and Sprinkles mentioned sparkle skirts. Of course, in TCM, I was passed by runners wearing both.

When Chuck Norris wears a sparkle skirt, Sprinkles likes it...

When Chuck Norris wears a sport bra and shorts, Ami likes it...

When Chuck Norris puts on his Garmin, DTF's data gets uploaded to RA AND is made public...

When Chuck Norris runs in Calgary, winter puts on a sweater...

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)