Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

cmb4314

Banshee - I'm glad you're okay!  I'm always giving barking dogs the side eye when I'm out running, I just don't trust that people have them fenced in and/or trained properly.

18 with 14 at MP done.  It was actually quite nice out for running - 35ish and intermittent sun.  It was really icy to start, but it was melting while I was out there, so it wasn't so bad by the end of the run.  First long run in a while where I've actually gotten sweaty.  After today the temperature plummets to highs in the single digits, or even possibly below zero, for a few days, so I'm glad I moved my schedule around to get this done today.

My wildly inconsistent PRs:

5k: 24:36 (10/20/12)  

10k: 52:01 (4/28/12)  

HM: 1:50:09 (10/27/12)

Marathon: 4:19:11 (10/2/2011) 

onemile

Hi guys.  Just finished my 6 easy.  Still feeling beat up from my workouts earlier this week.  Hopefully I feel good enough to do my LR pace tomorrow.

mdawg - hope the strengthening, graston and ART help!

two foot - welcome back! Sounds like you are making good progress.

nachos - speedy run this morning!

sprinkles - nice pace on the 12.

cmb - 18 w/ 14 at mp is a tough workout. nicely done!

Rusk Runner

cmb - Glad you got your GMP run done while the weather was nice.  Its gonna get cold here also, albeit not as bad as where you are.

Sprinkles - Actually, for a 12 mile long run, that average is not at all.  A tad slower would have had you at MP + 30, right?  When they get longer you will definately want to slow it down a bit but you arent going to have any problems with a pace lke that on a 12 miler.  Good run and I am glad you are not wanting to be so grouchy.

Me - A little pressed for time today and feeling really good actually so I turned my easy 7 into 7 GMP.  Ran the last mile as a bit of a cooldown, but averaged 8:13 anyway.  Plan is to run tomorrows 18 at 20% slower than GMP for most of the run, with the last 6 or so at 10% slower.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

CMB- that's the temps we have and its perfect.

Onemile- Thanks! good run and good luck on the LR

Indiana- Thanks for the experienced advice.   I figure at some point those paces will slow down for long runs- at the end of my last plan I was dragging the few long runs before the marathon out of fatigue alone.  I ditched the group that was running way too fast for me (they've all BQ'ed already) and ran my own pace, which was still too fast.  No more grouchy over here.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Tempo today sucked. The averages came out okay, but I was all over the place. I was also overflowing with mucus. I launched many, many snot rockets, with a high percentage of failure. 5 tempo @ 8:13, 9 total.

Good running everyone!

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Rusk Runner

LOL cbus!   Good job getting it done anyway!  Hey, I was serious before when I said a snot rocket could only be fully appreciated through the light of a headlamp during a dark evening run.  It is just literally amazing how much stuff actually launches out of your head!

Just Run!!!

Trail Monster

Wow! Seriously fast miles happening in here! I'll be back for personals after my shower.

18 today@ 11:25-ish average pace. Ran 5 with Team Odyssey's marathon training group (run for neuroblastoma research), 5 alone, and 5 with my husband on the paths, roads, and trails of South Park. Then had hubby drop me off three miles from home so I could finish up my day. We had a blast just following random trails and chatting and playing in the woods. I got some fun pictures I will post up in the picture thread when I get a chance.

Oh, and the last 3 were on the same path where the dog jumped me. No dog and a nice sunny day. I feel like the trail is okay again. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

White Lightning

yeah, some crazy fast runs here, nice job everyone

cmb - that's the one workout that particularly scares me, or excites me, haven't decided yet

cbus - lol.  I just run with tissue now, gave up trying to blow snot rockets in the cold, never successful

Woke up this morning bruised and really sore where she did the work on my hip so taking the day off.  Plus the cold is back with the wind, totally not worth it.  Probably means TM tomorrow during football

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I forgot to mention I have 10 on the schedule.  Just finished lunch an hour ago and now I have one eye swollen because the cook probably cooked shellfish on the grill prior to making my lunch.  Fuck.

Waiting for it to go down before I head outside.

Damaris

onemile

Maybe you're not such a wimp after all.  Wink

Big grin

Nice run.

Hey all,

Tempo today sucked. The averages came out okay, but I was all over the place. I was also overflowing with mucus. I launched many, many snot rockets, with a high percentage of failure. 5 tempo @ 8:13, 9 total.

Good running everyone!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Evening Donuts! Late check-in for me. Been shopping all day with fam. I ran a 5k at the last minute this morning as originally I was going to but daughter had a dance competition but got cancelled at last minute. I had a really good race with a 20:14 finish time which was a 32sec PR for me. I thought maybe a sub20 might happen but was not counting on it as 47 a lot for a 5k PR. Happy with time as result of all the quality I have been doing of late with my Daniels plan. Nice start to my running year and has me encouraged for my HM in March.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

excellent race Jedi!  Congrats on the PR.

I have been reading "the competitive runners handbook" by Glover.  I can say that I am impressed so far.  I wanted an all around training reference and had to choose between this, Pfitz's "road racing", and Salazar's book.  It seems that Glovers book offers alot of guidance in taking their schedules and making them your own.  I had never thought about buying this book until reading some reviews last night (I bought the kindle edition).  I would recommend it to anyone out there.

Just Run!!!

TriciaRuns

Great runs today everyone! I ran 13.5 this morning at a 9:40 pace.  Was supposed to be 12 but a wrong turn tacked a little on.  At 12 miles I had a mile long hill that slowed me down quite a bit so I was really happy with the pace considering the hill.  Rest day tomorrow and marathon training starts Monday.

Damaris- hope the swelling in the eye goes down. That sucks!

-Tricia

PRs

26:32 - 5k

53:16 - 10k

1:58:47 - HM

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

jedi, great job on the 5K.

Tricia, great run.

After two medications, my eye was better so I took off.  Ended up with the fastest 10 miler since the asthma diagnosis and the HR was pretty low.  I'm happy.

Damaris

if you people keep these paces up we are going to need to change the name of this group.

Snot rockets, dog bites (glad you re-ran that trail), maniacs having shellfish reactions Black eye (glad you are okay), grouchy marathoners, pasty white legs, a guy that runs at 2:45 in the morning, and a blogger (which I enjoy FYI). It's like reading a modern day Mark Twain.Big grin You all rock! Keep it coming.

easy and slow 4.5 miles for me. May step up for a longer run tomorrow. Did get to watch a party of teenagers get busted (running late on a Saturday night), they weren't really doing much wrong but to loud I guess.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27