Sub-4 Marathon Group

January 2013 (Read 482 times)

Smashy!!!

Ami, the HM plan and the book give two conflicting prescriptions. Of the two, the book gives the more reasonable pace. That lack of accuracy is why I'm guessing they release that plan on the web for free.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Ball of Fury

Ok thanks!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

White Lightning

What Plyo workout are you doing?

P90X

Play the Game Hard!

Ball of Fury

That is a good workout!  After that one, try Insanity...it's great for strength but also cardiovascular fitness!

White Lightning

That is a good workout!  After that one, try Insanity...it's great for strength but also cardiovascular fitness!

yeah I have both.  I was thinking of setting up a TV outside and doing insanity for the summer in the sunshine

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ouch.  That's all I got to say.  I love that one.

P90X

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I love Turbo Fire and I have Insanity and P90x but really, I run too much to have extra time to do these.  I wish I could do them all.

Damaris

Ball of Fury

I know!!  It is so hard to figure out a way to do them and run!  We end up doing double workouts a few times a week but it takes a tole on the legs!!

I love Turbo Fire and I have Insanity and P90x but really, I run too much to have extra time to do these.  I wish I could do them all.

Trail Monster

bray, congrats on the PR and sub-4!

Going to skip most of the personals today. I'm in a horrible mood. I went for my third Graston treatment and it was AWFUL. Now that all of the generalized discomfort around my knee has been alleviated I can pinpoint the exact problem areas. One is my quadriceps tendon and the other is very close to the medial tibial plateau. That could indicate a stress reaction or stress fracture. I'm going to cut back by about 10 - 15 miles this week and see if it gets better. He worked on my quadriceps tendon really hard to break it loose from everything plus my ITB on that side. My entire outside of my quad and left knee are black and blue and swollen. I was going to do some kind of strength training but decided even that would hurt too much. So between no workout, over thinking the plateau pain and the left knee looking like I got beaten up I'm a horrendous witch tonight. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood tomorrow!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

nachosgrande

Banshee - That sucks to hear.  Hopefully, these current pains are just stepping stones on the path to 100% health.  Rest up.  Hope you're feeling better tomorrow.

I set out for a 4 or 5 mile run depending on time and energy. Ended up running 7 miles at an easy pace. Felt good to do something other than 4.

Sorry to hear about your pain Banshee. FWIW I liked the pics on your daily blog update

josh that would be pretty darn cool if you set it up oust side like that.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

nachosgrande

4mi @ 9:30/mi.  My intention was to run a recovery run but the pace was a little too quick.  Might try to sneak in another 4 tomorrow at lunch.

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

cbus - read the elite chapter at end of book last nite. I think I skipped this chapter when I originally read book. Those are some good tempo runs which could fit in my plan up to RnR Philly. Looking at the HM goals those paces are about goal HMP +20sec. My goal for RnmR Philly and Philly Marathon might be same goal though, but we'll see how my 2 HM's this spring go.

Ami, the HM plan and the book give two conflicting prescriptions. Of the two, the book gives the more reasonable pace. That lack of accuracy is why I'm guessing they release that plan on the web for free.

Morning Donuts! it is brutally cold out this morning. Good thing it's my TM interval day. Ran 2m to gym and did 4x200/200/800 w/200/400/400 recoveries for 5.8m and then another 1.5m cooldown run home. The 2m to gym was really windy and felt like my toes were going to fall off. 9.5m total though so got good work in today.

Banshee - hope it's not a sfx

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I never had a donut this weekend but I just ate the second best thing: french toast.

13 miles coming up tonight.

Banshee, hope the pain is nothing!

Damaris

onemile

Morning morning.

Tricia - nice job on the tempo miles!

Banshee - sorry you're dealing with the knee issues yet. I hope the cutback and graston takes care of it.

bray - congrats on the sub-4!

jedi - nice intervals this morning!  at least breaking it up with some fast running like that makes the treadmill more bearable.

damaris - OMG I could go for some french toast!! yum!

A chilly -7 degrees here this morning.  Happy it's indoor track day.  I have 4x1200 at 5k pace with 400 meter recoveries on tap for tonight.