The beautiful persons club

Earthquake (Read 373 times)

That was scary. I feel like we're still moving.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

That was scary. I feel like we're still moving.
      5.6 weak. Weak. California tumbles into the sea That'll be the day I go back to annandale Heard that song on XM this morning. How appropriate. Glad you're ok BTW.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        5.8 jackalope. It was in Chino Hills, far from here. Thank God.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

WTF is a jackalope? This isn't the swamp so be careful. And where the hell is Chino Hills? Is that where they are trying to ban fast food restaurants?

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

A 5.8 is 1.6x's the intensity of a 5.6. So every tenth counts. Smile Only felt one quake in 13 years in CA (though admittedly, Sacramento hardly sees any action). I was on the phone with my wife, who was about 10 miles away at the time. I said, "Whoa, what was that?" About 5 seconds later, she felt it, too.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Jackalope: Chino Hills is out near Pomona. It's over an hour away by freeway. I can't imagine them banning fast food out there, but who knows?

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

That's not real is it? (spoken just like Nigel Tufnel)

Yeah, our co-workers in Irvine said they were getting under desks or something... We felt a 5.2 that was 134 miles from here. That was pretty freaky for us.
                    That's not real is it? (spoken just like Nigel Tufnel)
                    Yes, it's the famous, elusive Southwestern jackalope.

Amy

We felt a 5.2 that was 134 miles from here. That was pretty freaky for us.
                      At least earthquakes only happen every few years. Now tornadoes...that would scare the Bejesus out of me.

Amy

The Greatest of All Time

Now tornadoes...that would scare the Bejesus out of me.
                        Welcome to the Midwest honey. And hell, we even had a little earthquake of our own this year. A 5.2 to be exact. You know what...that happened on April 18. I went to St. Louis that afternoon and raced River to River on the 19th. That was really when my knee started to crap out on me. And all of that was in Southern Illinois where the men are men and the sheep are scared. I blame it on the freak Midwestern Earthquake. It all makes sense now.

At least earthquakes only happen every few years. Now tornadoes...that would scare the Bejesus out of me.
                          I love a good tornado. (Hey, bubba, go get the video camera...)
                            Our earthquake failed to live up to the summer blockbuster hype. It has been downgraded to a 5.4.

Amy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WTF is a jackalope?
                              I hear it's a distant cousin of El Chupacabra:

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I hear it's a distant cousin of El Chupacabra:
                                Should something that ugly be allowed on this forum?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7