Ultra Runners

2013 TEAM USA World Championship Performance List (Read 870 times)

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Joe Fejes at 317.04 and Eoin Keith at 300.24 according to the Arapaipa Ultracast.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
          05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Uh oh... now what?

Joe Fejes at 324.39 with approximately 84 minutes to go.
      A Kouros record has fallen---really big wow factor.

Eoin Keith, 300.24 and called it done, only the fourth
      to cross 300 miles in 72 hours (or less).

Vikena Yutz -- 249.85 at 70:43:57 and
      Charlotte Vasarhelyi -- 246.7 at 70:42:43
      are both on track (schedule?) to break Tracy Thomas'
      women's record.

Approximately an hour to go.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Eoin Keith, 300.24 and called it done, only the fourth
        to cross 300 miles in 72 hours (or less).

Is that 4th ever or 4th at ATY?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Kalsarikännit

I am absolutely floored what Joe and Charlotte have been able to do.  It is fantastic on its own, but so soon after Desert Solstice?  Wow. I am really amazed.

I have been following the races for the past three days, and this just makes me want to go longer. Probably a 48 hour. I would not be able to sleep if I tried to get in tiny naps during a 72 hour. I am curious what kind of down time the top people had. I went 48 hours straight at an endurance hike this spring, and was hallucinating my ass off. I wonder how their brains are functioning. There may be some interesting race reports from this.

Also, not knowing the results of Freedom Park is driving me batty.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Uh oh... now what?

Is that 4th ever or 4th at ATY?

I think it is the fourth ever at ATY.

I think (not quite as sketchy a think as in the previous sentence) John Geesler

got to the 300-mile mark when ATY was on the short course.  After that is the

even vaguer memory of Pam Reed doing a 300-mile something on a course

just outside of Tucson.  There is also something about Karnazes and the

number 300, but I am too lazy (just straightened up all the book/magazine

shelves last year) to chase it down.

The 72-hour event is not  generally tracked as a world record event--just a

course record sort of thing.  The IAU skips it on their "world best" lists.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Freedom Park results are up ...

Traci Falbo - overall winner - 137.98

Liz

pace sera, sera

Kalsarikännit

Traci did amazing. It is always interesting to see what happens when a really good runner tries a new distance. I have always embarrassed myself whenever I tried something new. Big grin. At least I am consistant.

Speaking of National Teams, I just saw something on the IAU site about the 100k championship being cancelled. Is this the big World Championship?  Could this really be happening to ultrarunning again?  http://www.iau-ultramarathon.org/

Kalsarikännit

Confirmed with a member of the 100k team. The world championships have been cancelled and they are looking for a new venue. Crazy.

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

That is such a shame for those who've worked so hard ... disheartening, to say the least.

I hope another venue steps up.

Liz

pace sera, sera

bhearn

Vikena Yutz -- 249.85 at 70:43:57 and

DoppleBock

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I always worry about the frequency people race - Joe has been a terror this year.  Just because you can, does not mean you should ... Sometimes there are long term implications (Geoff Roes) of over-racing.  On the other hand at Joe's age maybe you take all you can get while the getting is good.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Fejesjoe

I always worry about the frequency people race - Joe has been a terror this year.  Just because you can, does not mean you should ... Sometimes there are long term implications (Geoff Roes) of over-racing.  On the other hand at Joe's age maybe you take all you can get while the getting is good.

Big Horse, I reallyworry about the frequency too! Admittedly I was been mentally and physically burned out after ATY. Many of the 24 hour races I completed last year were not planned by design.  I did not plan on running either the Shazam 24 hour on Dec. 1 and/or the Desert Solstice 24 on Dec. 15.  The only reason I ran these two races is because I thought my #5 spot on the team was in jeopardy and that 150 miles would be a minimum mileage to make the team. I am planning on running only a few races in 2013 although as you point out--at my advanced age of 47, I may only have a couple competitive years left. Times a runnin out...

On On

Any idea if any of the top 6 men or women said no?   Haven't seen anything official from the USATF today.

Kalsarikännit

Anne Lundblad already said she wasn't able to go. I didn't hear anything from USATF, which means that two other women also didn't back out.  I was hoping that a couple of women would decide that running in a world championship just WOULD NOT be a good time. Big grin