Ultra Runners

Western States 100 (Read 1049 times)

I think everybody might end up at Trails/Landy's house.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Wouldn't that be great... I may ask UK Athletics to make a new rule for organisers that it is obligatory to have access to a Hot Tub at the end of each race

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

xor

Ok,

Can someone please diagram for me who is the sister of who(m) in this thread?

All I know is that whom is on first and that I will not be at Western States.  But many of my friends are abandoning me this weekend because they will be.

Kalsarikännit

No sister involved.  (Well, I have a sister.  She planned my first nephew's baptism for the day of Western States.  Lucky for me, she supports my running.)

Why not come down for WS?  You are on the West Coast, how bad can it be? 

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Purdey

Self anointed title

Wrigler - when do you travel out there?

Kalsarikännit

Four nights in the last week I have gotten 2 hours of sleep after coming home from work late, then having to wake up at 3:30 to get ready and get to the bar to open it up for the World Cup.  Tonight will be another one of those.

I effed up badly and missed the date to register for the bus to take me back to the start where my car will be.

None of my drop bags are ready.  I'm supposed to be doing that now.

Most importantly, this has been my worst running in a year, due to injury/laziness/work.

You know that bad nausea that comes during a race?  It isn't waiting for the race.  I'm not ready.  Think they can postpone this thing a month?

Kalsarikännit

Wrigler - when do you travel out there?

First flight Thurs morn.  They have a lot of meetings and a health/weigh in thingy.  They get serious about checking your weight at aid stations.

Looking forward to resting and light jogging on Thurs and Fri.  Staying in Tahoe City.  It should be pretty.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Four nights in the last week I have gotten 2 hours of sleep after coming home from work late, then having to wake up at 3:30 to get ready and get to the bar to open it up for the World Cup.  Tonight will be another one of those.

I effed up badly and missed the date to register for the bus to take me back to the start where my car will be.

Most importantly, this has been my worst running in a year, due to injury/laziness/work.

You know that bad nausea that comes during a race?  It isn't waiting for the race.  I'm not ready.  Think they can postpone this thing a month?

Sleep deprivation = good training. 

Some stud will give you a lift back = bonus.

Drop bags = shmop bags

Worst year running = the pressure is off - go and enjoy it

Nausea happening now = good, get it out of the way before the race

You are all set.

Kalsarikännit

You are all set.

Thanks, Purdey.  One of the many reasons why I love you.

And, sorry.  One of my many, many recent violations of Ultrarunning Rule #1:  No complaining.

I'd stick with 5k's, but for some reason the only race that I did this year that was shorter than a marathon was the one that I freaked out about the MOST!  (As you can imagine, it was ugly ).

The King of Beasts

this all seems very normal to me.

(some say that I am odd, meh)

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Purdey

Self anointed title

I'd stick with 5k's

I did one last night.  It sucked.  I would stick with hundreds if I were you.

Kalsarikännit

(all say that I am odd, meh)

FIFY

MTA:  I couldn't remember your plans to return to Leadville.  I put you in for 2011.  No need to thank me.

Kalsarikännit

I would stick with hundreds if I were you.

Ok. 

DB, A1, Purdey, WG:  Leadville 2011.

Who else?

The King of Beasts

MTA:  I couldn't remember your plans to return to Leadville.  I put you in for 2011.  No need to thank me.

I am "running" this year.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Ok. 

DB, A1, Purdey, WG:  Leadville 2011.

Who else?

If you pay for half of my plane ticket Jennifer, I'm in

Jerry
                                A runners blog-updated daily