Ultra Runners

WS 2011 (Read 807 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Yup.  I like her Ultrarunning cover.  I think it was the first ever cover of UR that didn't look like it was shot underwater with a disposable camera.

Best cover photo I've ever seen. It was love at first sight!

MTA: I really like that she (and the photo) are the real deal, no airbrushed models shot in a studio and photoshopped into an outdoor scene, like the typical RW cover. That, and the fire in her eyes. 

(That photo was taken by Maniac #10 Glenn Tachiyama).

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Roes dropped at Michigan Bluff.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I can't believe Garneau is wearing that giant-ass ipod on her arm. Sad

~Sara
        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Roes dropped at Michigan Bluff.

He kinda sounded like he didn't really care if he won before the race.  Hedging?  One with nature attitude?  Dunno....

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)
          Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Well, it WAS 2010... technology has come a long way since then.... Roll eyes

Liz

pace sera, sera

xor

Maybe she just listens to nature music.  But she's got a ton of it.

xor

The cover is usually old white dudes.  Sorry.

I keep trying to make the cover.

Kalsarikännit

Jornet should be coming in soon.

Live video of the finish:  http://www.ustream.tv/channel/wser-2011

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Interesting notes from the iRunFar twitter feed about the women's race:

Kami said she was delayed by bear for 7 Minutes. Other girls caught up. They passed bear as group, then raced.

and

Kami said she tried to respond to Ellie's pass for about 10 seconds, then realized, "I have no gas in the tank.

Whoa!

Ellie had a fantastic run with a huge comeback in the late miles!

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Kalsarikännit

Anita Ortiz is my MVP. Pure guts. She never gave up when things got really bad. From winner to 25+ hour finisher. I was in tears watching her finish. I'll take her toughness over Roes speed any day.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Anita Ortiz is my MVP. Pure guts. She never gave up when things got really bad. From winner to 25+ hour finisher. I was in tears watching her finish. I'll take her toughness over Roes speed any day.

Love this. When an elite runner finishes despite having a sub-par race and not dropping to preserve the body to race another day. Props to Anita. What a champ.

Agreed. That's awesome. Most elites would have dropped I bet.

~Sara

DoppleBock

On a similar note I got stopped by a bunch of beers today too.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

xor

On a similar note I got stopped by a bunch of beers today too.

Ah!

But did you wait for the group?  Or plow right on through?