Ultra Runners

You must all be out running... (Read 133 times)

Into the wild

Bliddy quiet around here..; How' everyone doing...Smile

Shut up and run

Ultrachick

Like you said-busy running. But not too busy to see that Todd Walker won Massanutten! He's finished in 2nd place a couple times and 4th place too and now he's finally won! It was really close too-at the last aid station there was only a minute between him and the guy who finished second. Then Todd kicked it in in the end. I'm excited because Jack and I (my significant other) have gotten to know him over the past couple years because he and Jack race together at the VT100. I got know his wife last year as we were both support crew. Between work and kid stuff I managed to get 62 miles in for the week-with back-to-back long runs over the weekend, 10 on Sat and 21 on Sun. I have a trail marathon coming up on June 1 in Connecticut and my first 50 miler this year July 5. But it sure is quiet here......completely opposite of the old Cool Running Ultra thread...I was just thinking of checking out Kickrunners to see the chatter about MMT there. Kelly
      If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Into the wild

Hi Kelly, I'm gonna have to Google the names and events to see who you're talking about... You do well to get 60 miles in a week; I guess you are very organised - you have to be with kids and work. Good for you. I messed myself up a bit trying the 100km back in April and will be doing similar to you - a trail marathon - at the end of October. It's in Eastbourne, my old home town in the UK, and I've long envied having a go. It seems a more sensible route into Ultra running than simply signing up for a 100km without the depth of conditioning Blush Good luck with races. You have an exciting couple of months ahead of you Smile

Shut up and run

Purdey

Self anointed title

Hey Monsieur Franglais - long time no speak. I'm also doing a trail marathon in Oct in the UK - the Clarendon Marathon. This year it's being run from Salisbury to Winchester. I have done it before, but the other way around. Which one are you doing? Eastbourne? I haven't come across that one. btw - I'm also hoping to do the Thames Meander in 2009. (About 55 miles along the Thames from Reading into London). Trying to use it as a build up to a 24hr track ultra in Oct 09 - the Sri Chinmoy one in Tooting Bec. The problem with the Sri Chinmoy 24hr race is that they require you to have significant ultra experience, places are limited to 40 and if they are over subscribed (they always are) they give the places to those with the most experience. Anyway, enough rambling from me. It is a bit quiet in here isn't it!

Into the wild

Hi Purdey, I saw your return and hope you don't ramp up too quickly and hurt yourself...take it EZ bud! Good luck with your marathon. The Eastbourne run is very well known; you will know it either as The Seven Sisters Mararthon or uinder its new handle - The Beachy Head Marathon. http://www.visiteastbourne.com/marathon/ It's well tough Smile Last year's winner crossed the line in a new record time of 2:47!

Shut up and run

Purdey

Self anointed title

Johnny, I'm trying not to get carried away....! I know the Seven Sisters (as it was called) quite well. Although I've never done it. By the times, I reckon it compares well to the Clarendon. I think last years winner in the Clarendon was on about 2:50. Take care