Ultra Runners

RWOL Ultra marathon forum.... (Read 89 times)

drock69

trying to subscribe to the forum... There's a like button at the top, but you can't like responses. I had some of my race reports on the loop, so moving those to Facebook

Club Fat Ass New Years Day 50k - Jan 1 - 6h13m

First Half HM (road) - Feb. 9

Chuckanut 50k - Mar. 21

Sun Run 10k - Apr. 19

BMO Vancouver Marathon - May 3

Vancouver 100k (Club Fat Ass) - 32h07m 2 runs, pacing 100 miler friends

Whistler Alpine Meadows 100 miler - September 25

obtuse

aka Rhino

Hi all!

PRs 5K 21:30, 10K 44:48, 1/2 1:39:19, full 3:26:22, 50K trails 5:34, 50 miler trails 9:28, 100 miler 27:33. IM 13:13.

Upcoming: 10/7/17: Cuyamaca 100K, 10/22/26 MCM, 12/3/17 CIM, 2/3/18 SOB 100K, 9/9/18 Ironman Wisconsin.

http://rhinorunsandruns.blogspot.com/

Facebook: Rhino Runs and Runs  https://www.facebook.com/rhinorunsandruns/

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

I guess I'll do the thread catchup over here, to see if we can go without missing a beat.

SurlyBill: I use the gaiter traps on Altras all the time.  On other shoes I have to super-glue velcro, and I did that on Altras before the gaiter traps were in the right place or existed at all.  The flap is nice because it means the gaiters get scraped off less frequently.

Seung Kim: As long as you don't do too much, I don't think you can go wrong in the last few days before a race - rest, run a little, do whatever works for you.  I generally run ~3 miles the day before, and that's often the first day in my taper when my legs feel half decent.

Drock: Yeah, a lot of the water that was there when I went by earlier this summer is gone now.  That's why I'm so puzzled about why almost all the creeks at Plain were still running.  Not just a couple, but most.  Very curious.  OMG that trail to Lynn Peak looks horrid, like the photos of HURT.

Bread: Hope to see you over here.

RCVR: Congrats on  your race!

I've been taking it really easy since Plain, trying to let the various aches resolve and in particular the ITB/knee thing that slowed me.  I also started doing a bunch of stretching and pt exercises that I did diligently for about 2 years until 2-3 months ago.  Apparently I'm not young enough to get away with slacking on those.

AT-runner

Tim

Welcome. Most of us hang out at Trailer Trash forum here on RA. We're old RWOL rejects that left a long time ago with all the spam and server changes and when John M left when they wanted him to change his signature line.

Will be nice to see more traffic here in Ultra section.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

Sandy-2

Welcome RWOL folks!!! Another RWOL reject here, I used to be known as "Slowdown" over there years ago. Left during the great exodus as listed by AT.

I hang out in the Trailer Trash forum too.

tbd.

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

Seattlemax, when you ran White River you mentioned trying to go uphills at marathon effort and relax downhills. can you elaborate more how that worked out? ive been thinking about that and it seems to me the more i relax going down the more impact i get

Bridle Trails 50k 1-13-24 5:39

Cottontail 6 Hour 4-13-24

Cougar Long Series (May,June,July,Aug 2024)

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

RWD

Anyone want to volunteer to maintain a race calendar or did I just do that?

The Google Docs spreadsheet is still alive, well, and as up-to-date as possible!

It doesn't embed here so people will have to check it out. The only person I have on the calendar running this weekend is me.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

The Google Docs spreadsheet is still alive, well, and as up-to-date as possible!

It doesn't embed here so people will have to check it out. The only person I have on the calendar running this weekend is me.

I'll try to keep the post I created up to date so we have a quick reference here.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                        06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

breadnatty08

And I made it!  (<- no idea what that means)

Find me on Strava

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

someone was trying to access it so i removed it, i think it was some admin. not sure if it got removed for everyone. i can bring it out of trash if someone needs it. didnt want my google account to get hacked somehow. i did save it as a spreadsheet so it still exists.

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

RWD

someone was trying to access it so i removed it, i think it was some admin. not sure if it got removed for everyone. i can bring it out of trash if someone needs it. didnt want my google account to get hacked somehow. i did save it as a spreadsheet so it still exists.

It might have been me when I was trying to publish it here yesterday. Oh well, I guess there's no point if it's not embeddable.

berylrunner

Rick

Looks like I got my username.  My real name is Rick.  I am from Beryl, Utah and am the only runner there.  Photo is from the Black Canyon 100k.  The year before the mud fest.  Might take some time to figure this forum out.

Good to see all of the familiar and new names.

12-23  Last One Standing  -  Finished 102 miles

2- 24 Grandmaster 100 - 22:32, 1st place

4-24. Cappy's Backyard - 17 yards, 1st place

5-24  Bryce 100 - 29:38, 18th place

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

It might have been me when I was trying to publish it here yesterday. Oh well, I guess there's no point if it's not embeddable.

it was someone named Timothy

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

a smith

king of the non-sequitur

dang my legs are dead today. just bailed on a lr at 8 miles. ive been digging a lot and think that work takes a lot out of me! plus that 5k. stupid race site says 20:28 and that i am 44 years old. i think they totally mucked up the start. im glad they raised a lot of money but i want to run a race to race and if you dont care about running then do something else. have a duck-walk or something

Carkeek 6 Hour 10-19-24 

RWD

it was someone named Timothy

Oh weird! It could have been someone who thought it was something anyone in the group could contribute to? Idk. Hopefully nothing nefarious, but it doesn't matter now that we have the other thread.

If anyone has been tempted to run Superior 100, check out this video. It'll be the final push you need to enter that lottery.