Womens Running

Waiting for daylight WEDNESDAILIES (Read 17 times)

Seloc

Working from home today (got my new laptop!!) so waiting for daylight to get out there for some miles.  Yesterday was still so so bad with snow and ice I didn't even make it 3mi.  Kinda interval-ish - running where I could, otherwise tip toeing across intersections and ice.  Hoping today is better if I can actually see what's going on.  Stay safe out there!!

Seloc

Tessa - hello there fellow WFH buddy.  Wow, that's a lot of rain!!  But, I'm guessing you need it.  You've been so busy.  Any slowdown in January?  Any fun travels/races coming up?  Run Up to Christmas sounds fun.  What does it all entail?

Margaret - how is it I always forget Taco Tuesday and then read your post and it sounds sooooooooo good!!

HCK - funny about the bulldog next door.  I just think there are cuter pups out there 

Judy - you are right - lots of people moving around here!  I kinda remember you mentioning it.  Hey, I"m 50 and already know this was my final move.  I keep telling people I will die here   Hope all goes well and you love it!!

LIz - wow, work sounds super stressful.  Hope the problem client simmers down a bit.  Only so much you can do.

Kat - the work flux sounds frustrating!  Fingers crossed it all works out in the end.  Though, I would imagine you would be EXTREMELY marketable!!  Hey, see you in a couple days!!  Can't wait!!

Laura - awwww, you would be SO fun to hang out with if we lived closer!!  I'm so over this winter and it's only the beginning of December.  The side roads and sidewalks are just AWFUL since it all came down when the temps hovered around freezing.  No idea when it will clear out.  And next week they are forecasting sub zero.  Sigh.  We just have to hang in there and do what we can!!

Cathy - haha I had the mams grammed on Friday and have a colonoscopy scheduled for the 13th.  Gettin 'er all done this month LOL  My BIL said he would drive me to the colonoscopy.  It's at 2pm on a Friday.  I"m a little worried I won't follow all the instructions perfectly - it's a lot!  Low fiber starting Tuesday, no alcohol.  Drink this on Thursday, clear liquid diet on Thursday, drink this Friday morning then stop everything all together.  My gosh.  I put notes on my work calendar to remind me!!  Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to the nice weather in TX this weekend.  I'll get to come home to sub zero!  BLECH

Karen - thanks for having good weather!  It would be a bummer in the rain.  Those temps sounds glorious.  I've started packing!!  Your spreadsheet cracked me up but it is SUPER helpful!!  I'm going to print it out and bring it with and make notes along the way.  I'll plan to nap 7pm - my stint haha.  My usual bedtime!!  LOL  Good luck with the job search!!  You'll find something perfect for you, I just know it.

Carol - ohhhh boy.  That is a LONG time to keep a 2 year old!!  About 10 years ago, I stayed with my sister's 3 kids in BIS for a week.  They were all in school (I think 6 years, 9 and 11 or so) and THAT was long!!  I wish you much patience and energy!!  So happy to hear the hammie is behaving and you are getting some good miles in!!

Sue - hope you made it to SD okay!  And, yep, she'll be a bit chillier there.  Hope you brought some warm clothes!!

Okay, I guess I'll do a little work and then head out for a run in about 20.  Happy hump day!!

LC Runs

Happy Wednesday!

3 TM miles.  I am finding that cranking the music really helps (DUH, who would have thought!).  I might have even had another mile in me but ran out of time.  Planning on running outside Fr-Sun.

Sandy  - dealing with this weather is bad enough, but the mess it makes outside is so frustrating for running.  UGH, I hope it is better for you today in the daylight.  Yes, I am counting down until the Winter Solstice, then at least we'll start adding some daylight in.  I have not had a colonoscopy yet (I'm 52), really don't want to do it (mainly because of the prep).  Did your doctor say anything about that other test where you mail in the sample?  Maybe they want a baseline first and, if normal and no family hx, you can do the less invasive test next?

Okay, best pretend I'm doing something here at work....ugh.  I will have to fill all of you in.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 tonight.

Sandy, can't wait for my WFH days.  Enjoy the miles later!

Laura, nice 3.  Yes, music is key!

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 for me!

Easy, good run. Weather was around 32 which is pretty perfect. Legs are sore from Body Pump yesterday but not too bad. Did not sleep well last night. Woke up at 3:30 and was thinking about work - couldn't fall back to sleep.

I have had a colonoscopy believe it or not in my early 20's - prep wasn't that bad. I just sat in the bathroom and watched Netflix on my laptop. LOL. Actual procedure is fine and they give you GREAT drugs. I haven't heard about mailing in a sample, that must be new!

Speaking of medical, I have the Today Show on right now and they are talking about a link between breast cancer and hair dye and hair straighteners. I think everything gives you cancer at this point.

HCDH is heading back to cardiologist today. Some issues have come up that are concerning to us. Just some changes in health in the past 6 weeks. I made him call and they got an apt for him next day. Hopefully its med side effects.

Judy – I remember you mentioning that you were going to be moving! That happened fast. YES..packing does count as cross training. Wow, you have been in that apartment for some time!! Is your birthday in January?! I am a January baby 😊

Hi Run4kupcakes!

Margaret – Hope you enjoyed your tacos yesterday! I have been really into burritos lately.

Tessa – Now that I think of it..you are the only Tessa I know! I think I have come across maybe 1 other. That just means you are unique. LOL..I would LOVE to say that to them!!! No lunch?!?!

Sandy – Hope you have a better run today! Woohoo on the new laptop! Does your work pay for your phone as well? Almost time for warmer weather!!

Laura – Nice TM miles! Oh yes, music helps especially on the treadmill. I don’t know how you did the treadmill before without it!

Docket – Good luck on the 5! How has DH’s job search been going?

Off to it...Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Yeah, the mailing in sample is called Cologard.  I think the insurance might cover it in some cases but I've read it's super easy to do.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Morning all! Weather continues to look perfect for the weekend. Overnight now predicted to be 49 for a low. That's as cold as it needs to get for the comfort of myself and my crew! Daytime high in the mid to upper 60s, and in the mid 70s Sunday afternoon for relaxing in the backyard (or sleeping). I still have that tickle in my throat and a cough.....hoping that's all I get with my obsessive Zicam usage all week.

I'm going to run an easy 3 or less this morning and that's it until Saturday. Yesterday I walked a couple miles with my trekking poles - good to know they are there if I need them, but hoping not to need them. I was looking at Boston flights this morning which are still ridiculous, which led me to looking at hotels and airbnbs, which are also ridiculous. Found a room in a house that looks nice and gets great reviews 0.2 miles from a T station in Cambridge, so went ahead and booked it. $400 total for 3 nights! I was hesitant to do a room (as opposed to an entire place) if DH was going, but he decided yesterday that he didn't want to go. Well, he kinda did, but not for the price and using two vacation days. I don't blame him.

Liz, sorry about the needy customer. It sucks when you go above and beyond and they still bitch about things you can't control. Hope the doc says nothing serious/easy fix on HCDH.

Tessa, WFH sounds like the right move with 2" of rain in CA. At least with an unusual at the time name, you don't now have a million memes using your name. Or a generation nicknamed after you (google gen x karen). I do have one running friend named Tessa, she's probably 10 years younger than us, but that's it.

Sandy, gotta give credit to Lisa and Kat on the spreadsheet. Kathryn sent me both (and Lisa's looked awfully familiar so I think I saw it when she was planning her 100) and I used parts of each to make my own. Wouldn't put it past my nerdy computer pacer to have it on his phone and update in real time. He says he'll still try to get there by midnight latest, even if I'm at aw crap pace. The only issue I see with your colonoscopy schedule is 2 pm? I always get the first appointment of the day. Because hungry.

Laura, yes, music cranked is the only way to make the TM bearable. I rarely listen to music when running outside, but need it on the TM. Colonoscopies aren't that bad - the prep does suck but that's really just one evening of misery. And my last one the prep was 100x better than the one just 5 years prior, so they seem to be getting better at the prep stuff too.

Damaris, nice 7 yesterday. Enjoy today's 5.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

No work from home for this chick!

Sandy, can't wait to see you!!!!  And no, because I don't do a lick of surgery, I am actually very UN-marketable.  Such is life.  Nobody wants a medicine only gal.  My place is/was desperate.

Laura, music and movies certainly do help, don't they.  I watched football games years ago.

Damaris, I take it you're feeling better!

Lizzie, ugh on waking up SO early and not being able to go back to sleep.  Always sucks.

Karen, scratchy throat be damned!  I geeked out more on you and Sandy and sent a "schedule" for Friday.  Things we had already chatted about, just put in on paper for a look-see.

Cologard is indeed an easy send in test.  EXPENSIVE if not covered.  I guess it is an OK screening early.  My Dr. recommended it last year, never got around to it.  Will do it this year.  Not really wanting

SO much to do before leaving...  At least I have tomorrow off now, phew.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Back from more than 6!!  The river road path was much better.  Getting there??  Sketchy.  But, Karen, you will be happy to know I stayed upright, no injuries and I guess now I will taper for YOUR race LOL

Laura - you are so right - running is just FRUSTRATING  in this stuff.  Yesterday I kept cursing every time I slipped or had to tip toe.  I have heard of that mail-in colonoscopy but my Dr. didn't mention it.  I also heard that, like you said, it may only be for subsequent tests?  I figured I'd suck it up and get it over with so I won't have to do it again in, is it 5 years??

Damaris - I forget, when do you get to start your WFH?  I do like the flexibility for sure.  Do you have any snow on the ground, yet?  Have a good 5!

Liz - sending good vibes to HCDH!! Personal laptop, personal phone.  Work doesn't pay for anything.  Yes, I work from home on my own computer using a very archaic technology to connect.  Hope your day today is better!!

Karen - I am SO glad the weather is going to be favorable this weekend!  For you, mostly.  And, yep, Imma bringing SHORTS to hang out in!!  And, hey, I have recent practice of "running" on uneven/slippery/slidy terrain haha.  Glad that Zicam is doing it's job!!  Man, Boston can be SPENDY for the marathon!!  Yet, when I went there last Sept just for fun, it was all quite reasonable.  Good call finding that AirBnB room.  Oh yah, I should have said I AM nervous about being hungry - errrr HANGRY - before that colonoscopy.  I know, 2pm wouldn't have been my first choice but I was worried about finding transport.  They won't let you show up alone and take an Uber!!  Figured a Friday afternoon in Dec would work best for my BIL.  He can be flexible and work remote.  Nobody else I know has a lot of flexibility if they are reliable.  Otherwise, I would have had to move it out to Jan or Feb and that's hard to plan when you need to rely on someone else.  I wouldn't want someone to have to take off work just to drive me.  I'm prepared for it all to suck but, then it'll be over.  

Kat - man, thanks for being so organized!!  Will be super fun to hang out.  Pretty sure we will solve all the world's problems on Saturday 

Later, peeps!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Massage this morning!  I feel much better, my back was bothering me from all the moving and building of furniture.    Ran a little over 4 miles yesterday afternoon, 3 in the woods and then ventured out on the bike path after I was warm.  Don't know if anyone heard about the high school boy that was shot in a WI school on Monday, that happened in my town.  Luckily not DD's school but her best friend goes there so she was really concerned.  Scary stuff.  Younger DD mentioned homeschooling.

Sandy, nice that you got out for a long run today!  And no falling.  It's not icy here, just cold.  So I guess I can't really complain.    I didn't think the colonoscopy was that bad.  They gave me the "gentle" prep.    I had a kidney x-ray several years ago and the prep for that was much worse, I could barely drink the stuff.  This time it was a powder I mixed in Gatorade.  Not exactly tasty, but bearable.  Haha, there are a lot of instructions!  But you will be rewarded if you follow them, my doc said I was perfectly cleansed!    I don't need another colonoscopy for 10 years!  Haha, they also told me all that stuff about how you had to have someone drive you, they wouldn't let you leave alone, blah blah blah.  Well, after my procedure the nurse let me get dressed and told me to go to the waiting room when I was done.  I took the wrong door and I was outside!  So I went back in and told them I accidentally left.  

Laura, I must listen to music on the TM.  There are also some fun TM programs you can do, I used the Aaptiv app last year.  It's not free, but it's worth it for a few months during the year!  It makes the time go much faster!  It sounds like you have a good relationship with your ex.  I have seen the opposite quite a bit, so it's a good thing to see!

Damaris, enjoy the 5!  Thanks for the virtual hug.  Virtual hugs from non-huggers are the best.  

Liz, I woke up at 3:30 this morning also!  Nice 6+!  I guess that doesn't surprise me about the hair dye.  Those chemicals can't be good for you.  Something that smells that bad can't be good.    I hope all is well with HCDH!  Ugh on the work issues!  I guess some people feel that they have to complain to someone.

Karen, that pretty much does sound like perfect weather!  Talk about spendy, my RB's are currently looking into accomodations for the Chicago Marathon.  My one RB is pretty thrifty, she normally drives to a race the morning of the race (no matter how far it is), or she camps!  But I think she is on board that this will be an experience, not just another race.  

Tessa, I don't know any other Tessa's either!  Tess seems more common but I don't know anyone by that name.    That is a lot of rain!  I guess at least WFH you should at least get lunch.    Thanks for the kind words!

Margaret, Taco Tuesday!  I actually had tacos on Monday.    Thank you also for the kind words.

Kupcakes, it was not super windy.  Windy enough that it drops the temp about 10 degrees, and it's been in the 30's here.  That feels really cold when you first start running!

Judy, it's been awhile since you moved!  Purging is a good thing, I am doing that also.    It is very tiring!

Kat, thanks for the advice about dogs!  There is a place here that fosters and then "interviews" you for a pet.  The goal is to find a dog that will be a good match with your family/lifestyle.  You can request to meet a dog, but you may not get that dog.  Leads to some hurt feelings when people don't get the dog that they want.  But I understand it.   I may send you the link if (or when) the time comes and get your opinion on the available dogs!  That is very unsettling about your company filing for bankruptcy.  Hopefully things will be OK.  Or at least not worse...

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thanks for the thoughts on HCDH! He is OK. They believe it is a med side effect - when they took his blood pressure his heart rate was 38!!!! Explains a lot. He is to stop the blood pressure meds immediately. They are going to try something else. Glad he went in. He was getting real out of breath doing easy tasks and falling asleep ALL. THE. TIME. More than normal anyway..including driving.

Karen – I was looking at Boston flights myself this morning! HCDH’s Aunt lives there and she has been begging us to visit. I am trying to arrange for it to be the same time as the marathon so I can come and cheer you on! We will see. You are right-  the flights are CRAZY. I even looked at the train and that’s just as much as an airline ticket. I think my total stay for Shamrock is $600 for two nights. CRAZY. But it’s so close to the finish line..how can I say no?! Keep resting so that cough is kicked to the curb by this weekend! 😊 I am soooo excited for you. I am just going to keep saying that over and over.

Kathryn – Get to packin!!! 😊 😊

Sandy – Woohoo on a good run! Do you have more running paths where you are? IDK..MN has running paths everywhere it seems like.  Do you claim anything on your taxes since you work from home a lot? I heard you can do that. My only suggestion about the prep is to stay home after the procedure if you plan on eating anything LOL.

Cathy – I almost texted you on Monday to see if that school was near you!! That is scary! I would be afraid to go to school nowadays. I don’t blame DD one bit for wanting to be homeschooled. Nice miles yesterday! Glad you had a nice massage! I had one schedule for tomorrow but had to reschedule due to a work call. UGH. Have to wait until next week. Your RB drives to the race the day of?! That is way too risky.

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks for the thoughts on HCDH! He is OK. They believe it is a med side effect - when they took his blood pressure his heart rate was 38!!!! Explains a lot. He is to stop the blood pressure meds immediately. They are going to try something else. Glad he went in. He was getting real out of breath doing easy tasks and falling asleep ALL. THE. TIME. More than normal anyway..including driving.

I missed what happened but glad he is OK.

PS, some of the BP meds will have those side effects for sure, especially falling asleep and feeling exhausted.

Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

WFH and very glad I did. Kathy from the bus said our normal just-under-an-hour drive took over 2 hours. Big rig crash. Still not managing a formal lunch break, but I did at least get up. I had to get something from the rafters in the garage -- DD needs a copy of DH's Army discharge papers to prove she is a relative of a veteran. (Papers dated 1966. I think a lot of the people on this board weren't born yet!)

I have done the mail-in sample which my doctor said I could do in lieu of a colonoscopy. Never had the full procedure. Avoiding the prep was my main motivation, and that also gave me another job to add to the list of "Things I Never Want to Do For a Living". They have you send in two small test tubes with swabs in them in the same package as a fairly large container of poop. I suspect the only reason they ask you to mail the big container is as a safeguard just in case one of the test tubes breaks. Another job I wouldn't want -- picking up the trash at the facility that accepts these packages.

On that charming note, good luck, Sandy. Especially the 2 PM bit.

And back to work, I have a lot to get accomplished still today. Started work at 5, then took a break at 7 when it was light to go out for 4 miles. Hi everyone.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, I'm moving because the whole complex is being renovated a bit at a time. Mine will eventually have to be renovated so I am moving to another apartment in the same building. It will be renovated when the present people move, then mine will be renovated for someone who wants it already.

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE GIVING ME CROSS TRAINING CREDIT.   

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day. DH and I ran some errands. We had the easiest trip into Comcast ever. We were in and out in no time. Usually there are huge lines and it takes forever. Then we went to Costco & dinner.

Seloc, do you have any sort of trail shoes, screw shoes, microspikes, etc for winter?