Womens Running

Timely TUESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

What is all this extra time I have this morning?!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

6.2 easy miles for me. Body Pump tonight.

Good run! Felt strong out there. I did some foam rolling last night so I really think that helped. Having some foot pain now though..ehh. It was 54 degrees! I was wearing shorts and a tank - felt weird. Humid and foggy..there goes my good hair day Wink We are supposed to have record high's the next two days. In the low 80s! Crazy. I have to dig through my wardrobe to find some Spring wear.

I have so much extra time since I am not running as much! This is dangerous.

Today will probably be busy. Usually is the first day back from a holiday. Hopefully it goes by fast!

Judy - Thanks for the  tip! I am going to buy one of those. Ouch I don’t want it to get infected.

Lisa -Nice miles this weekend. How fun on the hockey game!! I am laughing about Katie! I am surprised the gym didnt say something to her? Haha.

Laura - I hope that work surprises you today and they have started interviewing for your partner! Hope today isn’t too bad!

Run4kupcakes - How is the foot feeling?

Tessa - Not sure why they call it the Virgin Islands either - its a big honeymoon spot. Smile Wow, nice run yesterday. I am surprised it was cold if there are fires?? I am confused.

Question - I am having a hard time deciding what to wear for this interview. I was going with a dress/tights/boots..but everyone is telling me a suit jacket and pants. I feel like the interview days of dressing up hardcore is in the past - or am I wrong?? A suit jacket is so not me that is why I went with the dress. But maybe I have to suck it up and be uncomfortable. Thoughts??

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Ugh back to work today.  I could have used another weekend.

5 miles this morning.  Strong head wind, but I'm glad I got out there.

Busy day here--I'd better get moving!!

Seloc

Fun little class this morning.  One of the RBs wrote it up - 20min AMRAP with farmer carries, rows, pushups, squats and waiter carries with KB.  Then an ab tabatta.  8 of us showed up so it was our own little class.  Wanted to get some miles in but my legs need a break.  Shoveled this morning, too.

Kat - glad you are feeling more prepared!  Just think how much fun you will have!  When do you leave?  I am so super excited for you guys.  Oh, yeah, and you found a critter sitter?

Lizzie - yep yep I know those Insta stories.  Gramma has nieces and nephews to teach her such haha.  I just don't click on them often.  That was just hilarious that he was vacuuming your bag!!  Man, he's quite the neat freak - I need to find someone like him!!  Oh wow, that lunch spot sounds cool.  I'd have had to have a glass of wine!  Too bad your salad wasn't all that.  Well, this canceled call had to be rescheduled for today so kinda just wanted it over with.  Nice miles this morning!  Weird warm weather but I'll take some.  Maybe give me 10* and I'll give you 20*  LOL  If only it worked that way.  Are you sore from yesterday at all?  I would wear a suit jacket for the interview.  But, I'm pretty old school that way.  And sitting in on interviews, it does go a long way in making a good impression.  Though dress/tights/boots is already fairly dressy, too.  Maybe our resident HR chica will weigh in.  Hope your day goes fast and the week, too, with no Mammel!!

What's the difference between a corn and a callous?

Lisa - nice pavement miles.  Not too slippery, I hope?  AC is getting close!  You are not going to have a single problem getting through that 5.3, silly.  You guys are going to have SO much fun.  I cannot wait!!

Laura - LOL on "you had me at laundry"  LOL that made me laugh.  Flood watch?  In Feb??  Weird.  Let's hope the temp stays high enough so it doesn't freeze!!

Tessa - wow, sounds like quite a running adventure yesterday!  Living here in the plains that elevation and temp change is super foreign to me.

Sue - nice job getting out there this morning.  Back feeling better?

Coaches meeting tonight - first volleyball practice tomorrow.  Have my plan already written up.  I guess I'm sorta excited haha.  Have a great day!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie can you research the dress code there?  In the end wear what is comfortable for you otherwise you will come across as stiff and uncomfortable.  Interview dress code has relaxed considerable unless you are a lawyer or upper executive.  I'd tell you to just relax but I know better...lol.  If we could do that we wouldn't stress so much on what to wear for a run.

Sue I'm not happy back either.  I've had this darn headache for over a week now and I'm just tired of everything...no enthusiasm at all.

Nice class Sandy.

Trying to get the coffee to pick me up.  Be back later.  Nice day all.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, I am somewhat old school with Sandy too.  But I think a full suit is now overkill for regular positions though.  What about a jacket over your skirt/tights?  What about heals instead of boots??  Mary Janes would be adorable.  Fairly dressy, but if you feel over dressed, you can take the jacket off when you get into the interview.   What top are you wearing??  I also agree with Diane that being comfy can help you relax and feel less stiff.  And Lisa would be a great resource in deciding.

Sue, nice miles, good luck with your busy day.

Sandy, glad your class was fun. I leave Friday morning, my flight is at 8am.  Nice and early.  Gets me in to Phoenix at 10, hopefully ready to hit the road by 11.  4 1/2 hour drive - IF the roads are OK around Flagstaff.  Snow still forecasted.

Diane, I am waiting for my coffee to do its job as well.  Oh, did you know Jackalope Jam is a ONE MILE loop?  I don't think I can handle that.

Oh, the boredom....  Let's find a different one...

No idea what I am going to get up to this morning.  Sheets are in the washer already, so minimally productive so far.  Bathroom, vacuuming, kitchen, those are my chores this week before I leave.

Temps have dropped even more for the race (25/45) and a chance of a few showers are predicted for Friday in Page.  Not bad, will make the sand firmer and more runnable.  I hope...  Shoot, only negative is that they mark parts of the course with flour, PLEASE don't let it wash away.  PLEASE.  Being a back of the packer, I often lose most of the runners ahead of me.  There is interactive (?) map of the course I downloaded that can help if we get off course apparently.  Phew.

Guess that is my update of the day.  Less whiney I hope.  

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Diane, http://www.dinosaurvalleytrailrun.com  Info for last year, but it is another option with a long cutoff.  Near Dallas.  Just a thought.

dhuffman63

Trails

Well Kat there is the 100k at Javalena Jundred...it's 3 x 16 or so miles.  29 hour cutoff...mmm?

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Javalena is definitely a larger race, likely better!!!  Much more interested in that one!  WOWZA, $228 to register.  OUCH.  Definitely one to keep on our radar for 2019.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Extra time?  Who has that?  I have Pilates and 6 tonight.

Lizzie, nice run.  I only wear suits, jackets, and pants, so, that would be my suggestion.  Overdressing is better than under dressing, unless the position is not clearly one where a suit is appropriate.  And even then, I would say slacks and a jacket (not necessarily a suit jacket).

Susan, nice 5.  I could use another weekend to recover, that's for sure.

Sandy, nice job on the class.

Diane, hoping the coffee helped.

Kat, you have way more productive than I would be at this hour.

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

Yeah...I saw that and cringed.  Unfortunately any of the "big name" races come with big price tags.  And the timed ones are typically smaller loops.  There's one in KS called the KUS 6/12/24 in Nov that is like 2 mile loops.  Good with "aid" stations but like you said boring.  Of course running for 20 + hours no matter where could get a little boring too....lol.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Tuesday!  Has anyone ever done a DNA test?  We are doing the Ancestry DNA test.  Just curious about my background, people have always said that I (and my siblings) don't look 100% Chinese, though my parents believe us to be.  Also we wanted the info for older DD, since she is adopted.  Maybe someday she can find some blood relatives.  We got the saliva collection kits yesterday, it will take 6-8 weeks to get results back.

Lizzie, I remember having that extra time during taper!  It was nice.    For the interview I would do a step up from the usual dress code there, if you know what it is.  I would think a dress would be fine for business casual environment.  Or you can top with a blazer/jacket to look a little more professional.  Nothing wrong with being a little overdressed for an interview.  It will show that you take it seriously.  At least that's what I think when I have interviewed people.    We are going back down into the 30's here.  It is super messy, huge pools of standing water everywhere, and it's raining again today.  So it will ice up really nice tonight!

Sandy, I don't understand half of your workout, but it sounds tough.    Have fun at VB!  It's always fun working with kids that age.  The new co-worker from CA doesn't officially start until the 26th.  But she said that she worked briefly in Boston and Minnesota so she has an idea what to expect.  Whew.    I feel bad for her, it's ugly winter here now.  You know what I mean.  

Kat, I am excited for you!  Haha, you can whine as much as you want.  

Tessa, nice 14!  That sounds like some cold weather for you!

Elina, congrats on day 1!    Yes, just one more race left in the 5K series.  It will be satisfying to complete the medal.  

Laura, welcome back!  Bet you are glad to be back.    Great job keeping you streak going!

Cathy

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cathy, the DNA testing sounds interesting!  I want to do it for 2 of my dogs.  I did it for 2 many years ago and it was fun.

Diane, lets see how Brazos goes in Dec and keep JJ on the back burner.  I really like the idea of it though.  Registration opened Jan 1st this year for 2018, so we will not get ahead of ourselves by signing up too early.  Smile  I THINK a friend might have done it, I will ask him.

OK, time to quit procrastinating.  Bathroom, here I come.  Blech.

K

dhuffman63

Trails

Cathy my parents did the DNA testing.  Nothing really unexpected...my mom is German and my dad has a lot of the same areas as her even though he was born in Cedar Rapids and my mom in Germany.  No need for me to get mine done.  The testing to identify my particular type of blindness is way too expensive and I've already had children.  If they develop gene therapy to treat it then it might be useful.

LOL Kat I have to get through 2018 but there are always dreams.  The book A Beautiful Work in Progress has a chapter on Mirna Valerio's and the JJ 100k.  Cory Reese's book Nowhere Near First is what got me interested in the Javalina.  Books are dangerous...lol.

LC Runs

Hello there!

Well, I had an 'interesting' morning...woke up to our basement flooding due to non stop rain and the water from the window well overflowing into the basement.  It has happened before but we were more concerned with it happening during the day today, not overnight.  So, I went downstairs to work out and my exercise consisted of cleaning the basement while BF pumped the water out of the front yard!  He drove to Home Depot to get another pump and on his way home, drove into the snow bank and our front yard due to the ice and not making it around the curve.  Fun stuff!  He ended up taking today off, though it is pretty well under control now.  Kids are home from school due to the back roads being super icy.

Needless to say, I have not run today, I will either have to get in a quick mile on the TM or maybe run after work but it is supposed to rain all day and night.  UGH!  I am grateful it didn't happen while we were on vacation though.

So, in some ways I am glad to be back at work lol.  My wonderful co workers basically took care of everything here so I only came back to a few messages.  Still no nurse, I have heard they are interviewing 4 people this week, but who knows.

Lizzie - we are almost as warm as you...48 degrees according to my phone!  I went to the Virgin Islands for my honeymoon, St. John, really liked it.  I like Diane's advice about what to wear on your interview.

Sue - nice 5!

Sandy - yes, flooding in February, gotta love the Midwest (NOT!).  It's supposed to get cold again tomorrow so that will be fun.  Next week looks more mild so I am crossing fingers that will pan out.  Cool about the volleyball coaching!

Diane - hope the coffee helped!!

Kat - hope you have a great day!  Are you meeting up with Diana in AZ?

Damaris - hope your busy day goes by quickly!  Have a great run and Pilates.

Cathy - I was just telling BF I would like to do that 23 & Me DNA thing.  How much does it cost per person?  It will be cool for you to find out!