Womens Running

Mellow Monday (dailies) (Read 25 times)

camille2

People must be having one if I'm the first one here. 

LC Runs

Happy Monday!!

Weights this morning, will run a few tonight after DS soccer game.

GREAT JOB Lizzie, Elina and Damaris!!

Hi Camille!

I am way behind on what's going on so I'm not even going to try and catch up.

Camping was fun, everyone was on their best behavior LOL. The weather was kind of blah and it rained Saturday afternoon but we survived. 

Hope everyone has a great day and that Monday goes by quickly!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hearty congrats to all the racers!

Rolling pin: I got a very new one at an antique fair for $2 and it has worked really great on the muscles for me. It is so easy to rotate it to cover whatever is necessary.

Friday classes went very well. We sampled cream scones and Oolong tea. To die for.

Saturday was SDO but I ended up walking about 3.5 hours of activities. Then I swept DC’s patio. Lots of leaves and a ton of acorns.

Sunday Buddy and I did 50 minutes out the trail. It was pretty dark so my flashlight came in very handy. We live in a very cloudy area, so even civil twilight is very dark. After the run I helped DC sweep acorns and leaves for bagging. I wear a bike helmet at this time of year to protect my head from the falling acorns. Some of them are unusually large this year! We had a very healthy growing season.

Today I plan to run out the trail. It’s cold so I will bundle up.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Woo-hoo to the racers!!  It sounds like everyone did a great job!

Lizzie, you sure smashed that goal.  I don't know when you're heading back, but the cooler weather has arrived! Yeah!!!   Too bad the course was short.

Elina, congrats to you and hubby!  Bummer on the heat.

Demaris, great job! As usual. 

Kathy/Huron, congrats to you!  It sounds like you had a great time.

Sue, congrats to you, too!  I loved the photo and clever costumes.

Carol, nice 8! It sounds like you're shopping for races for next year.  Fun! GS is 21 months. I

Karen, I hope you're feeling better today.

Laura, I hope your weekend of camping was fun!

Cathy, I loved the photo of you, Lizzie and DD. She's so cute.  How nice for Lizzie that you were there!

Tessa, woo-hoo on being down at Weight Watcher's! Es[ with all the scones. I haven't been in a while, but am in range and hope to make it this week. They only have 1x/week here.  Cool on finding cash!

Half crazy, nice 4!

Sandy, did you take the rest day?  I had fun checking in on the racers, too.

Margaret, are you getting your energy back?  I'm glad to see you getting out there again.

I hope everyone has a great day! I also hope I didn't miss anyone.

It's a nice morning here...57. Since it was a little cooler and had rained, I was able to beat the early bird golfers out and had a nice run on the course.  It was wonderful not to be sweltering!!  I have to get a bunch of stuff done here. I walked into the downstairs and noticed all the things I've unloaded form the car and haven't put away along with bags of recycling I need to take. It's a fine mess. 

Kilmisters

How do I delete the previous thread?

Anyway, posting it here Wink

Entire week off was the best decision ever, even if I'll regret it next Monday Big grin Two days of absolutely no plans before the floorball tournament (going as ''supporting staff member'' for team). The soreness! Those planned 2-3 evening recovery miles w DH actually seem like a good idea. Or not. Can't decide.

I've been reading what you all have been up to from airports/hotels/cafes, and, wow, Lizzie - great job! You did mention it had been your longest/toughest training cycle, so you absolutely deserve that time! Screw the short race, if you're confident it's PR even w full 26.2m then it's all that counts - progress Smile Congrats to Kathy and Damaris too - enjoyable races are the best Smile

Have a bearable Monday everyone!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

It was 45 this morning and right now my office is freezing.  I think the AC is still on!   It was foggy this morning too.  Going to be in the 70's the most of the week.  Sat. temps at the Pumpkin Holler are 56/80 64% humidity 10% chance of rain, mostly cloudy with S winds at 14 mph.  Every day I look it changes so we'll see. I can't believe it's this weekend.  I'm so nervous now, had a hard time sleeping last night.

Congratulation to all the racers this weekend.  Fantastic times!.  Good luck to Kat and Sandy at MCM.

Laura, glad camping was non stressful for you.

Judy the tea sounds lovely.

Tessa, so happy the church tea was such a success.  I'm so impressed at all you do to help others, even the little kitties.

Margaret hope all is well there.  I've never been to Napa but DH has and said it is a lovely area and how dreadful the fires are.  I loved SF when we went earlier this year for a work training event even tho it rained the whole time!  Such and interesting city.

Hello Camille-Cathy.

Cathy how's the PF?  Mine has never really gone away just backed off some.  I tried KT tape last night thinking I'd wear it during the day too but had to take it off as it was causing some leg twitching and affecting my going to sleep.  Weird.

dhuffman63

Trails

Great job Elina now enjoy the holiday from work.  Make up some missed time with DH!  Well as best as you can while pregnant.

Huron, fantastic time you had...wonderful!

Sue, loved the theme and the guy was way too funny.

Hi everyone!  I'll try and catch up as the day goes.  Should be interesting here.  My coworker got married on Sat and spent the week in Cozumel and is back today...well his brother came in from WA state and they went out for drinks and he got pulled over...where we work we have to have a gaming license and part of that is if you are arrested/pulled over/given a ticket, what ever with/in 24 hours you report it.  Well he did not since he was getting married, leaving for Mexico, now we have to see if he keeps his job.  Drama.

Ugh Monday.  I would really like to be on the sofa today.

Swam this morning.  Actually stayed and finished--usually I don't have enough time or energy (LOL) to finish my workout.  Only to minutes late to work. 

My foot is not hurting today so I am going to run in the morning w KT tape.  Supposed to be cooler---I am really looking forward to that!!!

Have a great day!!!

Seloc

Monday MONDAY!  Gahhhhhhhh Started EARLY for this chick.  2am work call.  No bueno.  Not going into the office today.  Nope!  Hopefully I can get a nap in after 10:30 meeting.  Then afternoon annual exam.  Blech.  Will be happy when the day is over!  Rest day for me.  2nd in a row!  I don't even feel that bad about it.  Taper taper!  But, it is strange to shower without having worked out haha.  Then I think, gosh, many people do this every day!

Lizzie - like Cathy, I do not think I can get tired of telling you how awesome you did!  Spectacular!  You worked so hard, had a superb training cycle and I am SO happy the day came together.  Minus the wind.  Wind sucks!!  As for short course - personally, I would ignore it.  It's a certified marathon, right?  And, the only reason you believe it to be short is because you wear a Garmin.  No need to qualify in your explanation - you PRed HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE in a FULL MARATHON!!  Oh yeah - I noticed you were without headphones.  What did you think?  Scary about almost fainting.  Hope you are feeling better today!  Hope you have a great couple days there in MKE.  Enjoy the cool weather!!

Elina - wow!  GREAT RACE for you, too!!  Love the pics.  But, still can't really tell you have another human on board.  Congrats to DH as well.  What a speedster!  Enjoy the couple days at home before the big floorball tourney.

Cathy - what a fantastic spectator you are!!  And how cute DD went along, too.  It is tiring to cheer at so many places.  Loved all the pics!  And thank you thank you once again for being the human tracker   Wow, Mr. Math did great, too!

HH - congrats to you, too!  Man, that weather just sounded horrible.  Nice job!  How many in your running group?  Will you rest now for the winter or just dial it back?

Tessa - congrats on the WW results and woohoo for finding some more $$ on your run!

Hi Laura - glad the camping was drama free!

Camille - nice job getting out on the golf course early.  Glad you are enjoying some fall weather - it's the best!!

Diane -  yikes on the coworker!

Sue - nice swim and staying until the end.  Also happy your foot is feeling better.  Maybe it was just the shoes?

Hoping for a speedy speedy day for all!

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday.     45 here this morning, Lizzie will love it.    Oh, an interesting thing my co-worker told me about the race, the wind caused a big tree branch to fall onto the trail and it almost hit some runners!  When I got to that area they were taking down the rest of the branch, which seemed like an odd thing to do in the middle of a marathon.  It made sense after he told me a part had fallen down during the race!  

Lizzie, did I seem confused when you told me you were pushing?  I just felt kind of bad for you.    You looked good though.  I saw at that point you were leaving the pace group.  My other running friend examined the certified course map and you were right, the missing distance was in the out/back on the trail.  It should have gone out to 56th street, on Mr. Math's Garmin map he only went out to about 48th street.  You would think they would have been more careful about that after the snafu last year.  Anyway, it's still a great PR for you and I am still super proud of you.     Aww, you look up to me?  Thank you.  I am blushing.    You did awesome on the training plan, just like I knew you would.  I'm glad that you found THE cupcake.     I hope you are recovering well!

HH-Kathy, I'm glad you had a great race!  It sounds like a nice one. 

Laura, welcome back!  Glad you had a good time camping.

Judy, funny that you were a helmet to protect against the acorns!  We have some unusually large ones here this year also.

Camille-Cathy, you're right, Lizzie is so cute.    DD was cute, she gathered a bunch of snacks to take with her and she said it was an adventure and bonding time for us.    We did find a nice playground for her to play out while we were spectating.    I'm glad the cooler weather has arrived for you!

Elina, an entire week off is always a good decision.    Enjoy it!

Diane, my foot was a little sore after being on my feet a lot yesterday, we'll see how it feels after walking the dogs.  I may just do some strength tonight.  I can't believe Pumpkin is coming up already!   I am excited for you!  Hopefully the PF is not an issue for you.

Sandy, UGH on the wake-up call.  I know how that feels.  2 AM is like the worst time, almost impossible to go back to sleep even if it is a quick issue.  The one good thing about not running is not washing my hair almost every day.     Mr. Math is working from home today, he said that he could hardly walk yesterday!  The suggested parking was also about a mile from the finish line, he should have hung around and I could have given him a ride, we were right down the street.     It was fun tracking Lizzie, and she was easy to spot in her pink top and black calf sleeves.     I was also trying to track Mr. Math and we were literally just missing him, DD said it was like he was doing it to us on purpose.  

Cathy

Kilmisters

Diane, wow, the drama sounds... sophisticated. Ah, the anxiety of weather stalking. My colleagues are always asking why it's even necessary because it's not like we, runners, can somehow manipulate the weather w our thoughts; ''just check it the day before to plan what layers to wear''. Yeah, no. Big grin

Sandy, ha, you seem to be surviving the taper struggle a lot better than everyone else around here does in general Big grin Showering w/o workouts if weird indeed; DH has even gone for short 2-3 mile runs, ''so that I deserve the shower'' Big grin Btw, what's your company policy, I mean after 2am calls? WFH? Extra off days? One can't possibly just expect you to jump around the time zones and stay productive? About human on board not being noticeable - while mini-K bump really is small, it is noticable; I chose ''good'' angles to avoid ''squeeeeeeee'' from the (big) part of my FB friends who don't know about mini-K.

Tessa, btw, I saw Weight Watchers in Amsterdam, located next to Domino's Pizza. Hmmm...

Off to store to buy some ''replacement'' wine, we arrived only at 11pm yesterday (you can buy alcohol till 10pm in Latvia), but DH wanted wine so badly he actually called neighbours and got himself two bottles. Big grin Most probably heading for a run after that - badly needed. It's Monday and someone has already managed to piss me off big time. Has to do w the damn floorball.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me today! Smile

I feel pretty awesome today. I am sore in my inner thighs and lower back but really not bad at all considering. Slept like a baby, too. That never happens!

Thanks for all the sweet words on the race! I am still irritated that it was short..and haven't decided if I really "count" it..but I am still proud of myself for the effort I put in. Plus I have another in a few weeks..Wink. I will just see how that one goes..if I don't feel up to to racing it then oh well!

We are running around today. Going to grab lunch and HCBF wants to find Packer stuff Smile We are going to the King and I for dinner tonight. Thai food! HCBF's favorite place. He used to manage it when he lived here. I am not really into Thai but I am sure I will find something.

Considering taking the entire week off. We were going to stay longer, but we miss our Ruger buddy. If HCBF stays home this week then I will take off. OH that reminds me. He told me yesterday that his boss told him to CANCEL the trip. Yes, they told him to cancel and they would reimburse him for what we paid - airfare, Airbnb, and even my MARATHON REGISTRATION. Are you kidding me?! Everyone needs a freaking break and a vacation! RIDICULOUS. Makes me hate his job even more...

Tessa - I had snacks with me..I just didnt fuel as much as I should have. I am not used to fueling during a hard effort like that..now I know I guess. WOOHOO for the weight loss! Jealous over here.

Laura - Glad you had a drama free camping trip! Smile

Judy - Acorns?! Doesn’t that mean a lot of snow?

Camille - I heard the east coast is finally going to cool down this week. It is about time! Good luck on organizing.

Kilmisters - The last thing I am going to feel like doing when I get home is go to work. I think if HCBF stays home, I will too. If you feel up to the recovery miles, I would say go for it. I can’t believe he is up for recovery miles. Thanks for the sweet words on my race! I won’t officially count it..but still proud of myself. LOL on the weight watchers next to Dominos!

Diane - I can’t believe Pumpkin is this weekend either! The temps look warm, but cloudy and low humidity is good! I consider 64% low humidity. Do you know the dew point? KT tape affected your sleep? Interesting. I keep mine on as long as I can. Usually 3 days…you must have it on really tight! OH NO on your co-worker!! That would be awful after such a positive life event!

Susan - I live by KT tape! Nice job on the swim!

Sandy - WFH today? NICE. Blah on the early morning start though. Hopefully you can fit in a nap. Nothing wrong with resting on RACE WEEK!! WOOOHOOOO!!!! So excited for you!!! Hahaha I feel the same about showering having not done anything Smile I really didn’t mind running without headphones except for the end. I was hitting the wall big time and I could have used a distraction. Like some jam music LOL. But the miles kind of flew by even though I wasn’t listening to anything. I didnt expect that. Maybe because I was fighting the wind at the same time. Thanks for the sweet words on the race Smile

Cathy - OMG it feels so good out this morning! Makes me mad that the course was short. I remember during the course a spectator said “don’t worry you are running 26.2 this year”…figures it was short. UGH. And yes, I do look up to you! Smile UGH on the foot Sad Why can’t it just get better already? Have you gotten a massage since this all started? I am wondering if they can work some of that out..or attempt. Smart of Mr.Math to work from home today! OH..I think we may go back to that Benelux place for lunch Smile This time I can eat something good hahahah. Though that chicken sandwich was pretty good. BTW - Today would have been PERFECT race day weather!

My hunger is back today. I am surprised considering the HUGE cupcake I ate last night Smile

I am going to get in a few miles tomorrow. I want to take advantage of this cool weather as much as I can! Plus, I will take Wednesday off for traveling. It will be nice to run through Bayview a little bit Smile

Happy Monday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Arimathea

Tessa

Lizzie, not sure the course would have been short unless there was a wrong turn. Garmins are notoriously inaccurate in cities and in wooded territory. Were other runners seeing the same thing? It is USATF certified, isn't it?

I am having trouble getting to the website, though. I'm guessing a lot of people are trying to look at results.

Laura, glad everyone survived the camping trip.

Camille, running around golf courses is fun as long as there are no actual golfers threatening your head with their golf balls!

Too bad you only have one WW meeting in the area. We have a number, but I like going to the Sunday morning meeting -- will have to switch for a while in November since I am committed at 8 AM four weeks in a row, either at a race or in church.

Judy, cream scones as in scones made with cream, or cream scones as in scones with clotted cream, or both?

How long will you keep running with Sunday Buddy?

Diane, that weather forecast looks hot and sticky, hope it changes to be cooler. Yay for this weekend!

And shaking my head at your coworker. Although he was headed out it's not hard to leave a quick voicemail or email saying "this is what happened, I'm reporting it, I will give more details when I get back from MY HONEYMOON".

Susan, sounds like you have your priorities in order!

Sandy, a 2 AM conference call? What parts of the world were on it? My work needed to schedule one around the planet so they have divided it into eastern and western hemispheres -- we get to call in at 8 AM, the poor Hawaiians are calling in at 5 AM, Europe at 4 or 5 PM.

Cathy, yes, I think if a branch had fallen and almost hit runners it would probably suddenly be a much higher priority to take it down. Headlines and news leads about "and in today's marathon a big tree branch fell on the course, then an hour later some more fell and injured runners" is not designed to give the race good publicity.

Elina, WW I go to is just down the strip of shops from See's Candy, a big chocolate shop chain on the West Coast. Also have a pizza place, a subs place, and a yogurt shop in the same strip of stores and then the anchors at either end are Target (lots of Halloween candy on sale) and Sprouts (sort of natural market but "natural" does not mean "low calorie" especially when it is things like chocolate coated nuts).

Good luck with the replacement wine. Giggling about your neighbours being woken up by DH with "I have an emergency, do you have any spare wine?"

Liz, they actually told HCBF he should cancel the trip and they would reimburse it all? Uh, NO. Sometimes the vacation is needed much more than the money! Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

No run this morning, I woke up a bit too late. I did manage to leave a couple of minutes earlier than normal and was glad I did because the power was out at the bus stop intersection. Traffic lights were working but the road was closed, apparently someone hit a power pole and brought it down. I didn't have a problem getting to the park & ride lot however the gas station was closed (no power) and we could barely see where we were going.

Anonymous Guest

It is a beautiful day in southeast Texas! How often do you hear that, eh? I ran 6 pretty easy this morning, and will probably run again this evening, just because it's so nice out. This is the cold front that is supposed to be strong enough to knock the 90 degree temps and 75 degree dew points out for good. Overnight lows in the 50s for a couple days, then the 60s. Aaaahhhh. Hello fall, I've missed you so.

Even more exciting - DH has meetings on campus a good portion of the week. All day today and a dinner tonight (yay, cereal for dinner here!), same on Wednesday, and other meetings as well. He is now supposed to get an office at the campus after the beginning of the year, and I think I have him convinced to go ahead and join the gym there and go workout during the day a couple times a week. Why not? He puts in plenty of hours and can do that as his lunch. And it gets him out of the house, since now that it's getting darker earlier, his evening group rides are ending (Tuesdays are done and Thursday I think will be done once the time changes).

Liz, huge congrats on your marathon. Proud of you for how hard you trained and for how hard you raced. Big difference between running one and racing one, eh? That's why even if I run a bunch of them, I will only race one in the spring and one in the fall. And I get how you're feeling about the short course. I knew a couple other people that ran yesterday and all said the same thing - a problem around mile 22/23. Looks like an out and back that maybe they put the turnaround too soon. The Woodlands was 0.8 short and I know some people that claim their time from that one as a PR, and some that don't. I consider my time my finish time plus 0.8 x my average pace for the race. So it still would have been my fastest in four years, but it still bugs me. I'm happy with it, but I'm pissed at it, if that makes sense. As for you, you PR'd, no matter how you look at it, as it still would have been a PR if it wasn't a short course. Plus (and you can slap me if you want for saying this), you are faster than that, and will PR on a not-short course the next time you go all out. You'll have another round of training on your legs, you probably won't be battling strong winds, and you are faster than you realize. Plus you're mentally tough - when everyone else had that amazing sounding food for lunch, you had a plain chicken sandwich! And you ran without headphones! Wow, unbelievable on HCBF's work asking him to cancel! I am so glad he said no to that.

Elina, congrats to you and DH! He's fast. And you are pretty fast too, running for two and all. Laughing at the emergency wine situation.

Kathy, congrats on the half! Detroit is such a pretty race and an awesome medal. It's also the first marathon I broke four hours and my first BQ, so it is one of my favorites.

And Damaris, damn girl, you take it easy and you negative split and run not that far over 5. I would definitely say you are back from surgery and I can't wait to see what you do next.

Welcome back to the real world, Laura! Glad the camping went alright.

Judy, sounds like a nice weekend for you. Enjoy the run on the trail today.

camille, nice golf course run. We got cooler temps this morning too, and my mood is 1000% better than it has been. I'm guessing the sweltering heat was even worse for you once you came back from AK as you hadn't built up a tolerance.

Diane, I can't believe your 50K is here already! Good gosh time flies. I am so excited for you.

Susan, loved the group costume over the weekend! And congrats on the race. I was having some weird foot pain yesterday during my run and got nervous (as I feel like I'm right up against the edge of running a lot and getting injured and I want to stay on this side). Felt fine this morning, and realized I'd worn the same shoes for my run on Friday, Saturday and yesterday. Wore different shoes today and no problem. I guess for me rotating shoes is pretty important! I hope your foot issue last week has a nice easy solution too.

Cathy, super spectating! And so awesome that DD got up so early so she could go as well. Loved that picture of you two and Liz. You all are just freaking adorable.

Sandy, oof on the 2 am call. Was this due to time differences or to some sort of rollout or overnight problem fixing? DH has had some conference calls with places like Bangladesh and China at odd hours - glad I don't have to deal with that. Excellent tapering on your end. When do you leave for DC (the nation's capitol, not Judy's friend)?

Tessa, sometimes sleeping in a bit is better than a run. Will you be able to run at lunch?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Tessa - this was some network maintenance I had to cover which is always done after hours.  So, can't really accommodate other's schedules. Many engineers tend to keep late night hours - I do not.  My part was very quick - just lots of waiting around for the other moving pieces.  Thankfully this doesn't happen very often though I do tend to always complain about it when it does.    But, yes!  I do usually feel bad for the west coasters when you are trying to accommodate business calls around the clock.  Yikes on the power outage and dark morning!!

Lizzie - glad you are feeling so good!  And even better that you get to enjoy a beautiful fall day in the Midwest!  Even if it is WI haha - you probably know there is a friendly rivalry with MN.  Sorry not sorry the Packers lost yesterday.  Though I do feel bad for Rogers.  OMG I cannot BELIEVE HCBFs company had the AUDACITY to ask him to cancel his vacation??  That is seriously whacked.  Fires me up and I"m not even personally involved.  No goals for MCM - too hot.  Plus, I was pleased enough with Bis that this one is purely for fun.  Maybe I can pull on my granny pants one of these times and actually RACE a marathon.  But IDK - sounds scary hard.  Oh, and I meant to comment the other day - I"m so happy you are pleased with your AirBnB place!  I love AirBnB so I'm always happy when others do, too.  Enjoy today with your boo thang and eat lots of tasty treats!!  OH!  One more thing - how was the hammie?  Did that strap thingy help?  I'm sure I will think of more questions 

Elina - laughing at DH going for a short run to deserve a shower LOL.  Though, my own neurotic reasoning is if I'm going to get dressed to run, I have to at least run 4mi or it isn't worth it haha.  Very very rarely I'll do 3mi but never less.  Lame, I know.  As for getting the early wakeup hours back - no set policy.  I'm paid salary so some extra is sort of expected.  Otherwise you're on your own to keep a work/life balance.  Doesn't happen too often and I can manage though gramma still complains about having to get up at that hour haha  Also laughing at your strategic pics on FB hiding the human on board.  I seriously could not tell and I was looking!!  VERY resourceful of DH hitting up the neighbors for wine.  My sister and I have been known to share provisions when needed.  We live just a couple miles apart.

Cathy - I thought of you at 2am on my call cuz I figured you've been in similar situation - unfortunately.  Wow, Mr. Math really pushed it yesterday, too!  Might have been good for him to walk that mile back to his car to stretch things out.  I remember that about NYC - you walk and walk and walk after the finish through the food and bag drop and THEN had to walk back to the hotel.  It REALLY sucked at the time but I do think it sorta helped with recovery.  DD is just adorable!!  Yep, for SURE Mr. Math was avoiding you guys on purpose hee hee.  Scary about the tree branch - holy crap - I can just imagine running by when that happens.  Energy zap!  I was wondering how your foot would feel after yesterday - that was probably more than going for a short run!  Sure hope it continues to heal up right quick.

Karen - well things sure seem to be looking up in your world!!  Cooler temps, DH out of your hair LOL.  Kidding, sorta - but happy you are happy!!  You suffered long in that TX summer weather.  Can't wait to see the speed demon in you break out again!!  LOLOLOL I'm seriously busting a gut over DC (the capitol, not Judy's pal) - I think it's the punchiness of being up so early.  Cracks me up, though!  Leaving Fri about noon.  Really looking forward to the trip with my RB.  And my sis and BIL will be out Sat.  We are taking a nighttime Segway tour of the mall and also have a tour of the White House scheduled.  Oh, yeah, and something about hoofin it 26.2mi is happening, too.

Well, no nap but that's okay.  Gramma will just go to bed extra early.  Heading out soon to have a cold metal object shoved up the hoo ha.  Don't you all be jealous of THAT!  HA!