Womens Running

WOOHOO Weekends! (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy this afternoon. Went to Costco this morning, with what seemed like everyone else in the area.

Docket, your DH is really recovering quick.

DHuffman, nice 20!

Been going to the gym the last few mornings at least but not back to running yet because of the ribs. They still hurt a lot but the periods of time in which the pain isn't as bad is lengthening... until I happen to cough or something else jars me. Good thing that I have until mid/end of April until my next race!

Went to see Trails In Motion - a collection of documentaries on trail running/trail runners. Was really cool and inspiring! Glad I went!

Youngest DD is home and she brought three friends with her. Made chicken noodle soup for them and banana bread. Had all the ingredients so let them make up a big batch of chocolate chip cookies. Fun! Will spend the day tomorrow with them checking out some Detroit stuff.

Diane-Keep working towards your dream and enjoy the journey. The distance number isn't as important to me in and of itself. But with how "easy" Antelope Canyon felt (meaning that i didn't feel like I was going to die and I wasn't cursing at the trail) it makes me curious about pushing a bit further. I do like finding the challenging races but also making sure that they are ones with generous cut-offs.

Tessa-you as a barmaid! That would be a hoot for you!

Kathryn-Yeah on having PTO! Glad you liked the Raspberry Ale... the Rubaeus or that other one?

Laura-bummer on the fall.. glad you are okay!

Karen-we ARE your friends... and will be there to pace/crew you!

Damaris-sorry to hear about the heat!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Thought better of trying for a job at the Faire. I could do it and I suspect they're going to be hiring just about every warm body that shows up, but with my teaching and work schedule this semester I just don't think it's a good idea to add another serious time commitment. Someday, maybe. Also I would have no time to train for Pinelands!

7 miles this morning. I wish I had done more but I had a lot to do.

Laura, sorry about your wipeout.

Liz, no more WFH? Ouch!

Waving to everyone else -- sorry, falling asleep. I had an orange pick this afternoon and while it was between storm cells it was still drizzly.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Morning ladies!

Was thinking about a body pump around 10:15...but I think I may just keep it as a rest day. Last week at this time I was running a marathon Smile  I could use the rest since I will be back to regular training this week. No speed work..but building back up.

Breakfast with my brother was fun! Its always nice to see him Smile He then went to the cake place to get my SIL some of her favorite cake Smile HCBF and I ran errands after that and then came home and lounged for most of the day. I wasn't feeling too good - awful sinus headache. I did end up making cookies though Smile

Today we are seeing HCBF's parents and 2 of his nieces and nephews. Hoping they come to our house...but we will see. NOT ready for work tomorrow. I am trying to officially get a vacation together for Memorial Day week...I need something to look forward too...

Sandy - Your weekend sounds fun!! Lots of drinking - which is the way to do it Smile Nice fast miles Friday!! It was your RB’s birthday, right? Or was that today? Distillery sounds fun. I have never been to one but have always wanted to go. We went to the grocery store yesterday. It was very aggravating. More in the parking lot than in the store. Of course we have to go back today because I forgot something.  I am not looking forward to the loss of hour either! UGH. Its going to be hard to go to bed tonight when its still light out. But hey, YAY on 50’s!!! We are getting snow tonight. Hard to believe. I am looking forward to running in it though. Smile

Margaret - Congrats on your 25K!!! Bummer about the fog - was hoping you’d be able to take some picture. Sorry to hear about your friends father. Sad You know I had a salad for breakfast? By the time we went I had already eaten oatmeal and some toast. I was ready for lunch. It felt weird to eat a salad at 10am though. My brother lives about 2.5 hours from me. They are VERY much considering moving down here within 3 years. Which would be awesome! Cost of living here is WAAYYY less than DC area.

Kathryn - YAY for having more PTO than you thought. That is always good Smile I had to laugh at loud at your nails - I would do the same thing Smile I guess Home Depot was like Target for you yesterday haha. Sounds like a perfect evening!

Carol - I do the same thing when I do a race in the middle of training - say I won’t race it but end up racing it. It must be the race energy Smile Nice 10 Friday! What marathon plan are you doing?

Karen - Laughing that Starbucks caught your eye Smile Do you ever find that by the weekend after a race - you are inching back to fast pace? I noticed that yesterday and today. I had to slap myself..HEY..TOO FAST. Haha. Happens every time though Smile 9:30-9:45 is easy pace..PSSHHH. I have been craving IHop for weeks! I want some pancakes! LOL at the comment the girl made this morning. Smile Smile We support and push each other - friends do that! YAY for strength training! I hate going. Hate it. But I like the way my arms look lately. Wink It helps!!

Docket - Nice workouts yesterday. I was going to ask about your DH! So awesome that he feels good enough to run. Oh, HCBF and I are thinking of vacationing down in FLL..cheap airline tickets and Airbnb has some cute places right on the beach!

Laura - Nice miles yesterday! Glad you are feeling okay after the fall! BUMMER on the tights! UGH. Laughing at your DS eating habits because its sounds like HCBF. Smile I like to have sit down for meals too. TV and phones off…dinner time. Hope you are rocking it out there!!! WOOHOOO!

Diane - WTG on the 20!! NICE JOB!!!

Run4kupcakes - Nice run!

Lisa - I made chocolate chip cookies yesterday, too! Not for anyone but myself..I was craving them. Have fun with them today!

Tessa - I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering if you decided to do the Faire. Nice 7! Hope you were able to get some sleep! YES no more WFH!!! So freaking crazy STUPID. I am just going to have to save PTO days and just call out when I run long. Ugh.

Happy Sunday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I am super sore from OTF (the rowing and weight exercises), including an achy knee thanks to all the squats and jump lunges.  I have 18 miles tonight (on the TM most likely, at least partially).  Will start after lunch.

HCK, nice 5.  I hate going to BJs (similar to Costco) on the weekends.  It's pandemonium.  But I know Sam's it's worse.

Lisa, ouch.  Hoping you can run soon.

Tessa, nice 10.  Yeah, more responsibility would take time away from running.

Liz, your weekend sounds too busy, lol.  I have done...nothing.  And glad my MIL went away already.  Ft. Lauderdale should be nice.  And I get to see you so I'm biased.

Damaris

Howdy! Yesterday was a busy w DD's baby shower:

Image may contain: Alyssa Purdy and Susan Melde Linn, people smiling, living room and indoor

She had a great time and her friends were so wonderful and generou.

This morning was an easy 6 miles.  Running buddy  suffers from migraines and she's had a rough week.

ginnyb

7mes this morning!  The 6 felt great, 7 was a struggle.  I started out too fast, so I knew I was going to poop out, but it was okay.  I was really moving , surprising myself, but couldn’t keep up the pace for 7.  It was cold, but no wind and sunny, so I will take it.  Have a grandmother baby shower this afternoon.  A coworker who’s son lives in Germany and he and his wife just had a baby, so we are throwing her this shower since she missed out on all that living so far away.   It is her first grandchild.  Should be fun,

karen.... which is the race we are talking about being there for you?  I’m in if I get to come to Texas!  I already told DH.

lisa... sorry the ribs are still so sore, but good on the gym.

lizzie.... you don’t know how to take it easy!  Glad you had nice visit with your brother.  Are you getting snow?  I have a friend in Roanoke and they are getting some.

Damaris....18 miles on TM does not sound fun to me. That OTF sounds really tough.

i have to get in the tub,  I am getting really cold now from running and not cleaning up yet.  Did make a chocolate bundt cake though!

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Everyone remember to set their clocks forward this morning?  Unless you're in one of those smart places that doesn't follow that silly ritual, of course.

25k trail race yesterday.  Happy that I was able to push myself to run up more of the hills, with 3543' elevation gain, and finished in 3:02.  But took a tumble and scraped up my hands, knee and shoulder on the way down a hill towards the end.  My mind was already wandering to the other things I was going to do that day, and that's when I caught my toe on something and went down.   Going to take it easy today, maybe go for a walk.

Ginny, woohoo on 7 miles!  Mileage is getting back up there!

CrazySue, lovely pic of you and your daughter!

Damaris, nice that hubby is feeling good and raring to go running.

Lizzie, a salad instead of breakfast?! No!  Breakfast is for waffles and french toast and pancakes and bacon and scones and muffins... not leafy green stuff!  I was so concerned by this that I made pancakes for breakfast this morning.  With bananas and syrup.  

Tessa, sounds wise not to commit your weekends to Ren Faire.  You seem quite busy enough already.

Lisa, yes Trails in Motion has some inspiring stuff.  I think they change the rotation of films regularly, not sure it it's annually or more frequently.  I like how it's international.  A great way to see new places to add to the bucket list.

Kupcakes, ugh Costco.  But sometimes it just has to be done.

Seloc, did your busy long weekend of fun continue today?

Kat, productive day for you yesterday.  Hooray for extra PTO.

Karen, WTG on strength training with dog hair.  Are we your friends or enablers, such a fine line...

LC, I've got some bruising from me fall too, didn't sleep well last night.

DHuff, nice 20!  Wow!

Carol, did you get out for a LR today?

Okay, off do do something reasonably productive with this day.  Or off to get another cup of coffee.  Have a great day!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

LC Runs

10K done, much better than January's race (same course) - 56:33, 2nd in AG.  I deliberately ran a progressive race so I didn't run out of steam.  I actually felt good most of the way, and was able to step it up the second half.  Got a nice sweatshirt out of the deal, so I am happy.

Kat - your nails sound cool!  My daughter sells the Jamberry stuff, which are nail decals and she is supposed to do them for me sometime today before she goes back to school.

Diane - you are a rockstar!!  20 miles on the TM whoo hoo!!

Carol - Race was better today, thank goodness.  Yes, BF and her DH went with me - instead of staying for lunch we did the Big Apple Bagel thing, bagel and coffee for free and it was very good!!

Damaris - so glad your DH is doing well!!  Bruises aren't too bad but I should pick up some arnica for future use

LC Runs

Kupcakes - nice 5!  I always seem to hit the store when everyone and their brother are there, not my favorite thing!

Lisa - hope your pain subsides soon!  Nice to have DD and her friends there!

Tessa - nice 7!  Probably a good idea not to add something else to your plate!

Lizzie - breakfast sounds fun!  Enjoy your day with HCBF family!!  You deserve a rest day!

Sue - what a great picture!!  DD is beautiful!

Ginny - congrats on the 7 miles!!  Have fun at the shower!

Margaret - ouch!  I am really a clutz with trail races lol - I was not thrilled about the time change since  I had to be up early for the race!

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Glad your DD cam to visit with friends to help take your mind off your ribs...   Hope it is getting somewhat better...

Laura - I’m so happy your race went better this time!!!!  Nice score on the hoodie,  many racers there? I always do the free Big Apple Bagel and coffee....my favorite part of the race 

Susan - You and your daughter looked beautiful!!!  When is she due?  This is a first grandchild for you isn’t it?

Lizzie - Can’t imagine going right back in to training!  I am using Coach Karen’s plan...but, shhhh, don’t tell her...I can’t keep up with the miles....LOL.  I am training with a RB (her first) and her daughter is a coach, and gave her a plan, they are similar, so we are combining them a bit.

Ginny - Glad you had a good run!!!

Margaret - Great job on 25k!

Tessa -  You are a busy lady!!!

Out for 16 today.  19 degrees at start,  it beautiful sun and blue sky!  Ended up about 33.  It went good.  Between my being out of town, and RB out of town for 2 weeks, we are now back in synch.

Carol

Half Crazy K 2.0

10 miles this morning with 6 at an attempt at HM pace.

Docket, we have a BJ's closer than Costco but just getting into the parking lot is a nightmare. The Sam's is even worse, I have no clue what the developers were thinking on that one.

GatsbyBird, wow, that's a lot of elevation gain!

LCRuns, congrats on the AG placing.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

How is it almost time for Monday? HOW?! NO! I have to apologize to HCBF because I have been a real b!tch today. Its just knowing that I have to go to that place for 6 days this week (yes, I have to work Saturday).

It was nice to see HCBF's parents and the kids. They were babysitting his niece and nephew. GREAT birth control. Good lord...they. are. hyper.

We are grilling out some filets here shortly. HCBF is snoring right now...

Docket - Good lord..18 miles on the treadmill. I am sure you will rock it out! Yes! We will have to get together! We will be there Memorial Day week!

Susan - Awe, what a great picture!!! Smile

Ginny -  Nice  7 for you today! Yay!!! Smile Grandmothers baby shower? That is such a cute idea! YES we are getting snow tomorrow! 1-2” but I doubt it will be that much..it was 50 here today! OMG chocolate bundt cake sounds really good.

Margaret - I laughed out loud when I read your post. Okay, it was a cuban spot we went too. If they had pancakes..I probably would have gotten them because I have really been craving them. They had a lot of eggs with beans and stuff like that. Not for me. Or my stomach Smile BUT now I want pancakes with bananas Smile Congrats on the 25K and oh NO on the fall! Hope you aren’t too bruised up Smile

Laura - WOW Laura!! Congrats!!! Nice job! Glad the race was better this year Smile Did you get the sweatshirt for being 2nd in AG?? That is some pretty awesome swag. Love me a good sweatshirt.

Carol - Coach Karen is a very popular coach from what I hear Smile I like the discipline of training. Makes me feel good to be in a routine. 3 days rest after a race works well for me but then I’m ready. Smile Nice job on that 16!! BRRR!!

Run4kupcakes - NICE 10 today!! I am with you on the parking lots. We have that issue with the Costco…I don’t get it.

Have a great night!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Anonymous Guest

10 for me. I should have cut it short, but I got it in my head that I wanted to do double digits. It wasn't much fun, but it's done. It was hot and humid and I think I got a bit dehydrated, so have been feeling a little yucky ever since. Needless to say, not a lot accomplished here. I did drive over and pick up my packet for my race next Saturday so I wouldn't have to worry about it that morning. And I got a few groceries. But that's it.

Congrats on the AG placement and the much better 10K, Laura!

Liz, salad for second breakfast? I think I could eat breakfast food for every single meal. Yes, after a race I want to keep it easy, but then my mind wanders and I look down and I've sped up......sigh. Unless it's crappy weather like today, no problem slowing down in that!

Damaris, wow on DH going out for a run! That is great news, he is really making a fast recovery from surgery.

Lisa, hope you had fun with DD and her friends today.

Tessa, I didn't say anything about your idea for Ren Faire because I knew if it were me doing all the stuff you already do, I'd be exhausted. But then I thought without Ren Faire if I did all you do, I'd be exhausted. It probably would make it hard to get longer runs in - not a big deal if no races coming up, but all those weekends before Pinelands might make the actual race less fun.

Susan, great picture. Gorgeous soon-to-be mom and grandma there. I bet you're all excited.

Ginny, i just love hearing that you had a great run. Race is first weekend in December - I think the 7th? Yes, in Texas, it's southwest of Houston so just an hour and a half or so from my house - if I'm going to run 100 miles, I don't want to get on a plane afterwards. Flat, easy trails with no roots or rocks to trip you up. They have everything from a half up to 100 miles. It will be Diane and Kathryn's first 50 miler, another 50 for Tessa, and a marathon for Lisa, so she will be all fresh and ready to pace someone running a 100 miler overnight.

Gatsby, nice job on the race yesterday. Sorry about the fall. "Are we your friends or enablers?" I think the answer to that is yes.

Carol, nice long run. Glad you and RB are back on track.

R4K, nice 10. I can't do Costco/BJs/Sams on the weekend - too many people in my way. Even during the week, i try to go at less popular times.

I am too lazy to look back at page one, so if I missed something important there, I thought wonderful things about whatever it was.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

18 went really well.  Especially considering I ran yesterday like I was running a marathon. 

Liz, sure!  I have a trip that month but hopefully it won't be that weekend.  I don't recall.  Ha.  Send me the final plans when you know!

Damaris