Womens Running

Top of the Mornin' THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 21 times)

Seloc

Team lunch today at a Thai place.  Pretty good.  Was rooting for OK (Diane!) but they just lost in OT.  Ah well.

Lizzie – well, full confession, I cannot take credit for coming up with Mr. Cheeto Head.  Feel  free to use!  I’ve been telling the guys at work about the volleyball antics.  They want me to take pictures but no way –  that’s probably illegal, or something, in today’s world.  I tell them they will have to just come to a game.  LOL on the puking 5K that Cathy described – ummm, yeahhhhhhh, hellzzzz to the NO.  Hope you can get to bed early tonight!  Have a great 12 in the morning.

Tessa – oh man, such a luxury to run in the daylight on a workday!  Hooray for WFH.  Nice to read you got some rain as well.  LOL on your wooden foam roller.  Mine has gotten more out of foam rolling than baking!

Judy – hooray for new shoes!  Glad the new model is working for you.  Funny because its THIS model that I finally went back to Adrenalines.  For a while they were just WAY too heavy and stiff.  We could be twinsies – I have the grey ones.  LOVE the toe box!

Ginny – well I can only HOPE we are similar enough so that I am like you in 15 years!!  Yep, your GDs 6th gr VB team sounds EXACTLY like mine!  They.  Are.  Terrible.  It’s comical!  I can count on one hand the number of volleys in 2 complete matches (3 games each).  Ouch on the wrist.  That does sound odd – hope it was just a random event.  Nice job running AND leg day.  Whew that sounds tiring.  Go Bonnies!!

Cathy – ummm, yeah, like Lizzie pointed out that St. Patty’s Day challenge race sounds like a lot of puking.  Gramma would stay far FAR away.  Yup, toughest VB coach around over here.  But, not as tough as our resident run coach!  (Hee hee – totally teasing, Karen)  I mean, come on, why can’t you play volleyball in snow boots?  OMG I have a couple girls asking if they can serve overhand and I say NO WAY, not until you can serve underhand and get it OVER the net!  Yep, I get the super mean coach award LOL.  Brandy Old Fashioneds?  Too funny – this cracked me up for some reason.

Kat - you really aren’t missing much if you don’t watch TIU.  It seemed to peter out this season.  I’m impressed with your crafting!!

About a year or so ago we were discussing the game Scrabble in the office and one of the guys talked me into brining in my travel game.  Not to be super arrogant but, I warned them that I was sorta good.  I read a lot, for one, and have been playing since I was a kid.  Anyway, after a couple games I was banned because of the trouncing (no mercy here LOL).  (These games can take a week or more to play, mind you, since you take your turn on a “break” as such.)  Well, they wanted another player today and, I think, I was their last option.  Yup, kickin booty already haha.  And talkin smack about it, too, just because.

Checking out a touch early to give a coworker a ride home.  Apparently his car is hung up on some ice half in/half out his garage.  Boss picked him up on his way in and now he wants to get home while it’s warmish and hopefully melting to get rid of the ice.  Have a good night!

Anonymous Guest

I haven't done that much today, but I am tired! Riley's daycare is closed because it's Spring Break week here, and they have so many dogs boarded that they don't do daycare. So after my 6 super slow, easy miles around the neighborhood, I decided to put him in the car and drive over to the park. We ran 2.35 miles on trails and I think I succeeded in getting him "daycare tired." He's been sleeping ever since. But really, except for that and a trip to Target, I haven't done much else. I'm trying to motivate and at least vacuum, but I'd much rather nap or veg in front of the TV.

Liz, one reason I decided to do this particular strength training plan is that each one starts and ends with some foam rolling. And I've only done three workouts so far, but I think I can tell a difference. I've still got a wonky ankle thing going on, but I think the problem is somewhere farther up the chain, and since I started rolling more, the ankle seems to be doing better. And yes, I do have the fancy roller thingy. It's pretty cool - if I remember and it fits I'll bring it to Fargo and you can try it.

Damaris, glad to hear you're starting to feel normal again and getting some sleep. I agree with others that you guys eat late - remembering getting together with you for dinner in Houston and saying "early" because I knew your early would be our late! Although in the summer we don't eat a lot of the time until 7:30 or so since DH does group rides after work so doesn't get home until almost dark some days.

Sandy, I am laughing at your Scrabble antics. For some reason I never played that, but played a lot of games growing up and still play with the family whenever I go home. You can ask my niece and nephews (even the one that just turned 9), no mercy here. The youngest always wants to play because his goal is to beat me. It's not easy crushing the soul of a young child, but he must learn early that that doesn't happen much. DH won't play games with me......he warned the neighbors, but they will still play. Laughing at your tough run coach comment - in a fb exchange with Carol a couple weeks ago, I was explaining that I didn't design her plan to "just finish" but to challenge her, and it was okay if she cut some runs short. I told her so far the only person that does everything I throw at them (and I'm including myself in the group as I can't always do what I give myself) is Damaris.

Cathy, yikes no on that 5K! Bratwurst and cheese curds sound tasty, but you know I have to push hard in a 5K! So yes, probably puking would be involved here.

Ginny, super weird about your wrist. Hope it was just a weird one time thing. I laughed out loud at the picture you posted on how you felt after leg day following running.

Judy, yay for new shoes!!

Kathryn, had to check my weather forecast after reading your post. We should hit the 80s for a few days, but mostly still 70s. I'm just thankful we're still getting into the low 50s overnight (unless it's a race day, when we apparently bottom out around 70, sigh).

Tessa, WFH, a morning run in daylight AND rain last night? Sounds good! When do DD and DS head north?

Diane, getting excited for you. I'm really looking forward to hearing how your race goes.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, DD has been in NewCity the last two days, she signed an apartment lease yesterday and toured the lab/met soon to be coworkers today. Flying home now. She and DS and moggy start out a week today.

And how is it we have never played Scrabble? Next time we see each other...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The bridge collapse was near my house, sigh.  4 miles at the most and on a road I travel often.  Watched it unfold on the TM during my 13.

Kat, mine was a few years ago.  I am working from home so no driving for me. I think you meant Tessa.  An herb garden sounds lovely.

Diane, I could run it except my commute goes through very bad neighborhoods.

Judy, enjoy your run.  Yay for running shoes!

Sandy, LOL. I am still running or just after running at 8:30pm.  That's when I START dinner, eating is after 9.  Hoping your SI joint is better.

Cathy, sounds like a great race to me!

Ginny, nice 3.  Ugh at the wrist.

HCK, fellow frizzy hair warrior.  I can scare people in the morning.  Medusa might be a nickname for me.

Tessa, miraculously PER NIGHT!  Nice job on the daytime run.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Karen, nice 6.  Yeah, I remember that about the dinner.  Thank you for making the sacrifice.  Smile

Damaris

Can’t catch up with everyone but wanted to stop by and say hi.

Work has has been non-stop and Kaite has been home so not able to get on here. Been getting to the gym for elliptical or stairs. Started to feel better yesterday. Just more of a dull ache at this point. Need to put back my strength stuff at the gym and yoga. May go for a trail run on Saturday. I’ll start with the others and if I need to bail I’ll do that and make it a hike. Lisa gets really cranky when she can’t run. Other stupid lawyer stuff also making me super cranky. Mediation on the 27th that HOPEFULLY will result in a settlement to be put in place at the (please god don’t let it be so) the pre-trial conference with judge on the 5th. This is the most insane and ridiculous thing. But since it’s his last chance to increase his income he’s going for it. Lord forbid he get a job that pays more, cuts back on spending, or get a second job.

Im a joy to be around. 😊

diane-weather better get in line with your plans!

Lisa

dhuffman63

Trails

Lol don't worry Sandy I could care less about any OK team.  I'm still a Gators fan.  Altho based on the ice story I'm ok with living here rather than where you live.  shudders at all the cold.

Lisa I am so sorry you have to go through this.  I hope it resolves soon and you come out ahead.