Womens Running

Jetlag Tuesday (dailies) (Read 21 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Slow day for sure.  I only got one call, ha.  We are back in court tomorrow, nothing happening here (airport never closed, etc.)  Palm Beach is closed one more day.  Glad it was a nothing burger for Miami.

Damaris

Anonymous Guest

Okay, I guess I should clarify. Nothing wrong with temps in the 30s, just easier if in the 40s, less laundry. And chance of snow. Tentatively planning on going up there the last week of October, when it normally gets into the 20s. Daytime highs still in the 50s though, so should be nice.

Yesterday I talked to this girl that has been doing some training out of the place we board the dogs and take them for daycare. She's started doing board and train sessions with them, and will train our two idiots for 5 days for just $200 (in addition to the normal rates we pay for boarding). And she's available when we plan to go to Colorado. That seems like a no-brainer.

Bank is working on a new loan, insurance guy on a new quote. Waiting to hear back from the inspector I want to use.

Carol, good to see you! There is something to be said for regular routine. Kind of why we want to keep this house for awhile at least even after DH retires. Spend the summer in CO and traveling from there, then back here for the winter. If we really like it up there we may end up buying land and building and then selling this place, but for now, I'm happy with the plan. Assuming we can ever get one of these condos to close that is!

Tessa, I would argue waiting for a hurricane is similar to a nearby forest fire emotionally. Not that I have any experience with the later, but based on what I've heard with not knowing how fast or far it will spread, when it will be contained, etc. And while I'd prefer running in the 40s and 50s, I've gotten so used to running in the 70s and 80s this summer that when the dew point is down around 70, even occasionally upper 60s as it has been the last few days, it feels amazingly good even when the temps are still high. Wouldn't want to race in it, but running in it is okay.

HCK, smart to wait until most people had already gotten the kids off to school this morning to run. First day here was a mess on the roads. Now they've gotten things figured out a bit better and it's less chaotic.

Liz, glad the doctor news was okay! Thanks for the link, that's weirdly exactly what I've been looking for. And for $9 each.....I've now got a couple pair headed my way.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

I totally thought I posted ths morning!

3.4 dark miles.  I made it home just before the thunder and rainstorm.

Back at work, ugh, kind of a $hit show of a day, glad it is over.

Elina - awesome that you want to do more trail marathons!  You do have a lot on your plate so maybe taking a season off of floorball is the way to go!

Damaris - glad the knee is feeling okay today!

Lizzie - nice run!!  So glad the test results came back good!  I actually made it till 10 last night, I tried to nap in the afternoon but my dogs were not having it LOL!

Sandy - humid here today, too and I like it...I think it's supposed to cool off tonight though, ugh. Yes, I think she was glad I went along.  I really don't have many GF so it ws really nice.  My shins are kind of sore, probably from race walking to keep up!

Sue - ugh, I am really wary of dogs that come toward me when running.

Kat - your work day sounds awful, so sad about the dog and that no one would help you diagnose.  Hope your next day is better.

Cathy - nice run!!  So glad DD likes high school!

Karen - crossing fingers all works out with the condo!  I am dreading 30 degree nights!

Hi Carol!  Yes, I'm doing the 8 miler Saturday, so heading back up there!  I was in Gaylord all day today!

Tessa - yay on cleaning out DS' room.  I am scared to see what is hiding underneath my kids' stuff!!

Half K - yay for some days off and nice 7!