Womens Running

It's Monday Again (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday I did 60 minutes track running and then 40 minutes cardio DVD.  During all the weekdays I do at least 10 minutes of upper body weights on the ball. I discovered why I have a bruised bone in the heel of my left hand…umm…it’s from doing weights without my weight gloves. NOW I wear them every time.

Saturday was SDO with lots of walking during activities.

Sunday was 45 minutes running on the track. When I got home I did 40 more work with the cardio DVD.

I am definitely seeing progress with the abs, and my little sticks of arms are stronger.

Happy runs, All!  Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Tessa-wtg on the 4:33 marathon! Woohoo!!

Linda-congrats on first place!! Awesome!

Damaris-PR for you in non-ideal conditions!  Wow!  Nice!! Glad dad is okay and that the wrong place/wrong time wasn't worse.

Sorry to others I missed.. been busy weekend with sisters here.  I do have today off of work also.  slept at home last night and goign to go for a run before picking them up to bring to hotel.  maybe see a movie with dd later.

DD in Houston posted pics online from her Polar Plunge for Special Olympics (houston so chilly but not freezing), and then the NBA AllStar Olympics game.  She is very active in Special Olympics... as a teacher/coach, not a participant as her sister would slyly ask. LOL Proud of her!!

Have a good day ladies!

Lisa

LC Runs

Good Morning!

From Yesterday:

Karen - thanks for the shout out!  I bought the Hansen's book, as well.  Not sure I'm up for another Marathon, but I wanted to check it out.  I see Desi at the big Michigan races so I am a huge fan of the Hansen's group.

Cindy - nice running with your boys!  Wish just one of my kids would go with me sometime.

Gatsby - hi there.  We used to get Pres Day off (well, as a floating holiday, so we could work if we wanted and bank the hours).  Now we have PTO so it's not counted.

Damaris - Great job yesterday!!  Big grin OMG that is so scary about your dad, what the heck happened?

today:

Judy - nice workouts this weekend.  I have to wear weight gloves, as well

Lisa - sounds like you are busy!  Kudos to your DD!!

4 miles on my TM this morning - I actually broke up the workout into 1 mile segments, followed by weights/abs - 4 circuits for 4 miles.  Made the TM more bearable lol.

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

G'morning ladies!!

OMGosh!  I was able to do 4.9 miles yesterday!  I thought I had the 5... but I accidentally double clicked on my lap counter one time!  (nothing like technology to keep ya humble... lol) Anyway, I'm SO doing the happy dance.  I really love what happens to my body after about 2.5 to 3 miles.  Everything just opens up, loosens up. I felt like I could go WAY longer, but I didn't want to push it.  I know the 10% rule.    Hip feels great!  yipeeeee again.  ~\0/~   Pompom happy dance!

From Yesterday:

Linda - What an awesome win!  Best female and a 21:00 (ish) time.  You go girl!   PR Happy dance! Beautiful plaque!!

Tessa - Nice 8.5 and congrats on your run in Karnel's memory!   I love that this group is doing that.

Karen -  I "kinda" have the day off.  Officially, I do.  But, I'm on travel this afternoon to get to an EARLY ( WAY too early) meeting out of town in the morning.

Gatsby -  forewarned is forearmed.  Do you have an opportunity to speak to one of the board members that are stepping down?  Once people are stepping down, they're typically more willing to be open about the goings on of any organization.  As for me, I have seen FAR too many Executive Directors who have had nightmare boards.  So, I will only consider serving on a board with a consistent history of functioning well for its organization.

Cindy -  Thanks about the Warrior Dash pics.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only that is impacted by the seasons.   So, hey... c'mon up to your parents during the summer, and we can run together.  If I do a tempo run, and you do an easy (real easy) run... we might be able to stay together... haha!

Carol -  Such a hearty soul!  Jeeze... at ANY single digit temperature (Celsius OR Farenheit), I want to be inside, curled up with my dog!  Smile

Damaris -  Holy Cow!  What a story.  I am Sooooo glad that your dad is okay.  Congrats on the A1A marathon and that VERY nice time!!!  PR Happy dance for you too!

Judy - Morning!  You always inspire me with your commitment to your overall health and fitness!! woo hoo!

Lisa -  Props to your daughter for work with Special Olympics!  What a wonderful experience and expression of service!

Have a great day all!  I'm going to try to get in a slow 3 today.  The rest of my week is WAY up in the air.  My best friend's father passed away and it looks like I may be going to Boston to support her.   No indoor running venue that I'm aware of there.

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Thanks for the encouragement and the kind words.  Between an injured kitty and a scared dad, we've had our fill of drama!

SRD today.  Waiting for my massage to start and I have a lot of errands too, so busy day.

Judyruns, great job during the weekend.

Lisa, glad for your DD.

LC Runs, nice TM run.

julieD, that .90 is close enough.  Keep dancing.

If this gets garbled it's because I am on the iPhone.  Have a nice day!

Damaris

ginnyb

Wow Marjorie....I forgot how many miles you used to put in!  You mention running 21 miles, like I do my 5!

LC....love the pic of you for Karnel!

Damaris....great job on the marathon...and in the cold too!

Karen...glad your migraine is gone and you got your runs in.

I have the day off today, President's Day, so I am sitting here waiting for my hair color (decided to do it myself this time).  I did run 4 miles this morning, but on the TM....icy here again.  I am so tired of being cold and we are supposed to get more snow tonight....sigh...I will dream of the cruise I went on a couple of years ago, also think I may take myself to the mall.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Sorry, forgot to congratulate you, Linda!!  Great plaque!  You are Karen take the prizes for speed on this forum, consistently!

Damaris...when I first read our post about your Dad, I thought maybe he was in law enforcement!  So happy that everything turned out okay,,,how scary!

The sun is shining!  I hardly knew what that bright light was coming through the window!  What a difference a little sun will make.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 for me today.  Had to get the .3 I missed yesterday.

Judy you are so consistent!

Lisa have fun with the sisters.

Laura what great workout idea for the increments

Julie yay on the 4.9!  So close to the 5!!!

Damaris have a great rest day

Ginny yes I'm doing well over 300 a month at the moment.  Even Feb should be over 300 unless something happens

Meetings all day.  Won't be back until tonight

Marjorie

Sisters are off on their flights. Taking dd to a movie with her friend and getting a bit caught up on work.

Did 13.1 this morning.  Nice to do that on a weekday.  Still in a calorie overload I'm sure from the weekend and now I've brought home all the leftover snacks. Groan.

Lisa

Anonymous Guest

Man, I have been running around all day. Drove down to Annapolis and went to Eastern Mountain Sports to pick up some microspikes on sale for the race this weekend (they got 8+ inches over the weekend and "something" seems to be the consensus, either these or yaktrax exteme are mentioned the most), then to Sam's Club to stock up, then to the dry cleaners and the grocery store and the bank and the gas station and another grocery store because the first one didn't have one thing I needed. Then got dinner started in teh crock pot and did an easy four mile run around the neighborhood. Didn't get a bit of cleaning done and I am beat.

Damaris, saw your RR over on Beginners. Nice race - great splits.

Julie, congrats on the 5 miles (I'm rounding up)!

Hi to everyone, I'm going to relax a little (maybe a little nap, I'm really tired) before DH gets home. I wish I had an extra weekend day every weekend, I'd get so much done!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

I can only stop by for a minute.  Hi everyone.

Marjorie:  300 mile months--WOW!!

got a long run in today 12.75--so much to do still.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

LC Runs

Managed to run 4.4 miles after work, it was a balmy 37 degrees out there so I couldn't pass it up!

Julie - whoo hoo on the 5 (just consider it 5 lol)!

Hi Damaris!!

Ginny - hope you enjoyed your day off!   Nice 4 TM miles, we are supposed to get a storm tonight/tomorrow, as well ugh

Marjorie - you rock, great mileage!

Lisa - wow, 13.1 - awesome!!

Karen - wow, that sounds like extreme weather, you'll do great I'm sure Cool

Linda - hi there!! Awesome 12.75!

Arimathea

Tessa

Linda, congratulations! First overall and a PR, way to go! Ventura is about 60 miles from me. Hmm. I have plans to run trails Saturday with running neighbour, what time is your race? And you should mark your calendar for this one for next year: http://www.buzzmarathon.org/ they do have a half marathon as well and while I'm waiting for the results I think you would have a good shot at OA placing, certainly AG. (If slow me can come in 2nd in AG, you are much more likely to...and I'm not shooting myself in the foot because I turn 50 in May and so will not be in the same AG you are next year. Yes I am sneaky.) Lisa, sounds like your visit with your sisters was good. How many sisters do you have? BrrrrrRRRRR on the Polar Plunge. Even in Houston, cold water is cold water. And I agree, so nice to have a weekday off to do a longer than usual run! Laura, good for you on the run and dedicating it to Karnel. Yes, you can do another marathon. Once you've done two, you know you can keep on going... Julie, excellent! You'll probably do 5 miles this week, and soon it will be time to look for 10Ks... Marjorie, I'm with you, I like running long... Ginny, 5 for some people is harder than 21 for others. Everyone is different. Karen, yes, definitely something to improve traction in the snow. You don't want to have to run longer than expected because you kept slipping back down the hill! 15 today. it was foggy to start with colder than the weather app had said and I was glad I had my gloves cool and overcast most of the run however the sun came out just as I turned the corner to start the first of the two big hills on the route but the air didn't warm up so it was still comfortable all the way to the end .
                                Linda, congratulations! First overall and a PR, way to go! Ventura is about 60 miles from me. Hmm. I have plans to run trails Saturday with running neighbour, what time is your race? And you should mark your calendar for this one for next year: http://www.buzzmarathon.org/ they do have a half marathon as well and while I'm waiting for the results I think you would have a good shot at OA placing, certainly AG. (If slow me can come in 2nd in AG, you are much more likely to...and I'm not shooting myself in the foot because I turn 50 in May and so will not be in the same AG you are next year. Yes I am sneaky.)
                                Lisa, sounds like your visit with your sisters was good. How many sisters do you have? BrrrrrRRRRR on the Polar Plunge. Even in Houston, cold water is cold water. And I agree, so nice to have a weekday off to do a longer than usual run!
                                Laura, good for you on the run and dedicating it to Karnel. Yes, you can do another marathon. Once you've done two, you know you can keep on going...
                                Julie, excellent! You'll probably do 5 miles this week, and soon it will be time to look for 10Ks...
                                Marjorie, I'm with you, I like running long...
                                Ginny, 5 for some people is harder than 21 for others. Everyone is different.
                                Karen, yes, definitely something to improve traction in the snow. You don't want to have to run longer than expected because you kept slipping back down the hill!
                                15 today. it was foggy to start with colder than the weather app had said and I was glad I had my gloves cool and overcast most of the run however the sun came out just as I turned the corner to start the first of the two big hills on the route but the air didn't warm up so it was still comfortable all the way to the end .

There, translated Tessa's post for you. Wink

Hi everyone.  As usual, I'm buried down in the salt mines for the week.  Will try to surface when I can!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR