Womens Running

Chugging Along THURSDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

QOTD: Never had a black toenail nor a lost toenail. Even after my 8 hour 50K.

Hubby has had 4-5 already and he only runs halves.  But he does not cut his toenails as short as I do mine and he is always having issues.  Allegedly he has a higher IQ than me.  

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket – You need like…a vacation. A week long vacation somewhere where you can just lounge for an entire week! And RELAX! Keep us posted on the job!! LOL at your hubby.

Laura – Nice miles this morning!

Susan – I can imagine you are tired! LOL, on your running shoe selection 😉

Carol – Aw, how awesome of your RB’s! So, do you guys talk the entire time!? I am always curious about that. HCF doesn’t mind the traveling. I almost feel “relief” when I travel. Staying the night somewhere..I don’t have to worry about HCF or Ruger. Its kind of nice sometimes.

Cathy – Nice miles today! 6 week step challenge? What are the parameters of the challenge? And most importantly, what are the prizes?! Aw, poor older DD! ☹ Oh man, no offense, but I am not jealous of your weekend. 😊 LAUGHING at younger DD talking to the school psychologist about boy problems! 😊

Sandy – Enjoy your rest day..or your run if you manage to get out there. Your weekends sounds fun despite the weather! 😊 You are probably right about my heart rate and dehydration. Oppsie.

Hi Judy! Never had a black toenail!

Kathryn – Youtube will be a great help for the watch 😊 I think mine does some fancy things like that..but I can’t figure it out.

Karen – Woohoo on the great run today and being back in the positive! Is that what that number means? It beeps at me during the run but I never knew what it meant. 😊 Bad Huckles!! I am laughing picturing you layering up before your flight. Have a good time! And good luck this weekend if you don’t get back here.

Have a good afternoon/evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I did NOT bike commute today. just didn't have it in me. Next week I will try again.

QOTD.... I have 3 black toenails as we speak. I have had many and lost many. It happens. My feet are so gross it just adds to their mystique.  Lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

You all are funny with the go for it, you can do 8 hours anytime stuff. If I did the 8 hour I would push myself to go faster than I would if doing the 12 hour but I think the 12 hour would have better benefit for me, especially if I then get out the next day and make it a big double weekend.

Liz-there will be other times for that beach weekend. Maybe lounge around your own place, make fruity drinks and take a nice bubble bath. Like being at the beach.

Damaris-work has a tendency to make us all sleepy. Oh yes... I cut my toe nails quite short, assuming that there is a nail to cut.

Sue-you made it through dog duty! Yeah! Funny how after doing 24 hours of running/walking, 12 doesn't sound like too much. I had someone ask me if I sat down and rested during the 24... I changed my shoes once, changed socks once. didn't include mention of how many times I went to the bathroom. That was it for sitting down. it is nuts that you can't log into your systems still. Ha! I remember when running shoes were cute ... now I pick based on comfort. Hokas are not known for being cute.

Carol-silly you... never say never when it comes to running. WTG on lining up the run buddies. It makes a huge difference. There have been a more than a few times that I've had someone join me for the last 4-5 miles of 20 milers and it makes a HUGE difference.

Cathy-be prepared for some interesting step counts from people. When we had ours at work I came in like 3rd for most steps..and that was when I did the 100k.  Not saying that others cheated but they were sure that I had. I like the idea of doing what I feel like in terms of mileage and pace. Of course it helps that I don't have a Garmin or watch that tells me pace or distance. I am a clueless runner just going by amount of time available and the way I feel.

Karen-that darn "some puppy!" Glad that your watch feels you are being productive.  We could have told you that though. LOL

Sandy-I thought the same thing about Karen reading a book of that title. Don't shoot a sleeping horse in the mouth.  Just enjoy the sleep.

Judy-the second toes on both of my feet are my problematic ones. I think the left one is pretty much down for the count. Something sort of starts to grow there under the old one, Old one lifts and falls off just so that the cycle can repeat before it even really turns into a legit nail. It's pretty much always black. That is why God created dark nail polish. I did lose my big toe nails after I did Beaverhead with the steep down hill over a couple of miles. When I started to see my guy one of the things I asked him was if he had a foot fetish.. because if he did, then we were might as well call it quits before anything starts. It's a really good day when the lifting nail comes off.  I have had many good days.

Kat-woohoo on your double digits!! Have fun! Abhay really likes the Aftershokz earbud things. I don't bother with MapMyRun app during races. I just assume that the distance is accurate and use that. Along with the "it doesn't matter where I am, just keep going until they tell me to stop, put a medal around my neck or hand me a beer."

3 miles this morning. Felt good to move faster so I did at times. If I was actually tracking these things, I guess I did some intervals but since I don't all that I know is that I covered the same 3 miles in 2 1/2 fewer minutes. LOL I had less time so that factored in as well.  Lots of flowering trees including lilacs. they offset the garbage day-ness of Thursday in my neighborhood. They are finally picking up the flood debris from people's basements but not every house has been gotten to yet. Pretty crazy!

going to Vin Yin yoga tonight. Lots of holding of poses. Have a good night ladies!

Lisa

Half Crazy K 2.0

One more work day. Ah. 4 miles this evening, tried the Brooks Launch. Ok, but probably better for short races.

Never lost a toenail. I do have 2 that are not quite right ever since my marathon in 2016. I thought I was going to lose both, but once I popped the blisters underneath, they were ok. The nails are thicker and the one is kind of wavy.

LC Runs

Hi Sue - I read your post yesterday about your boss, geezus she is something! 

Damaris - 30 emails?  Yikes, that would have been a pain to come home to that!

Carol - yes, she called to tell me how fun the race was!  Speaking of the MIdland race, I got an email from your friend, Jenny.  It was actually from the race but I immediately recognized her name and I was like, "Carol's friend is emailing me?"  LOL!!

Cathy - easy miles are my favorite ha ha!! Ahhh, girl drama, I am very familiar with it!!

Sandy - I know, this weather rocks!!  Whoo hoo!!

Judy - I have had a couple of black toenails over the years but not in a while.  I have sized up 1/2 size in my running shoes.

Kat - I love YouTube for figuring out how to do stuff, use it all the time!

Karen - where are you headed, to your parents?  I know you said but my mind is fried LOL

Hi Lori, Half K and LIsa!!